Author Topic: black female ordained as rabbi..."new face of Judaism"  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
black female ordained as rabbi..."new face of Judaism"
« on: June 07, 2009, 12:08:24 AM »
Probably old news but what the ???

CINCINNATI (AP) — Describing herself as the "new face of Judaism," Alysa Stanton became the first black female rabbi in the country during an ordination in Cincinnati.

Stanton, of Blue Ash, was among 14 rabbis ordained Saturday at the Plum Street Temple. She will serve as rabbi of the predominantly white Congregation Bayt Shalom in Greenville, N.C., beginning this summer.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported on its Web site that Stanton said her goals are to break down barriers, build bridges and provide hope.

A native of Cleveland, she studied at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, the oldest institution of higher Jewish education of Reform Judaism in the United States.

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
Re: black female ordained as rabbi..."new face of Judaism"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 03:01:33 AM »
How sad this is the new face of Judaism.  She will start an afro-centrist synagogue which tries to prove how blacks are da real Jews..      I didn't think women , especially black women can be rabbis.  I like her homo rainbow flag tallis, I guess in order to be ordained to this position she probably had to be a lesbian too.

I gues these were amongst the 70% heretical "fake" Jews who voted for HUssein Obama.    Sad that amongst Jewish people there has to be these deviant Self-hating Jews who have done so much to attack their own race..   THere is a new book I want to read by Aaron Kline, called "The Late State of Israel".  Its about how Israel is suffering self-destruciton by its own political elite and left-wing radical trouble makers.   Iran, Lebanon and Palestians are getting the upper hand only because the left-wing donkeys are ruling the country and under the authority of the anti-semitic USA liberal leadership.

Black lesbian rabbis.. watch out..  One day she may try to run for PM of Israel.  She will have Mahmoud Abbas running as President..

Offline Global Warming is a Hoax

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:06 AM »
she looks like shes going to perform prayer services at white castle

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:09:47 AM »
A woman can't be a Rabbi therefore she nothing but a blasphemer
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:15:11 AM »
What has religion in this country come  to when there are some so-called Jewish worship places with female rabbis and so-called Christian worship places with monsters like Tiller in the leadership? I hope that people know neither of those situations are genuine but are done by very misguided people.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Black Female Rabbi???
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 10:24:01 AM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-06-06-black-woman-rabbi_N.htm?csp=34

Ohioan becomes 1st black female rabbi in USA
CINCINNATI (AP) — Describing herself as the "new face of Judaism," Alysa Stanton became the first black female rabbi in the United States during an ordination in Cincinnati.

Stanton, of Blue Ash, was among 14 rabbis ordained Saturday at the Plum Street Temple. She will serve as rabbi of the predominantly white Congregation Bayt Shalom in Greenville, North Carolina, beginning this summer.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported on its website that Stanton said her goals are to break down barriers, build bridges and provide hope.

A native of Cleveland, she studied at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, the oldest institution of higher Jewish education of Reform Judaism in the United States.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
Re: Black Female Rabbi???
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
"her goals are to break down barriers"

What exactly does that mean?

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 10:36:31 AM »
I am sorry, I did not notice Gentile's post about this black female "Rabbi"   :o
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »
I wonder if she's even Jewish by halacha

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »
Shalom Y'all! When be services? The only thing I can think of is: OY VEY IZ MEIR! :o

Moshe92

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »
I wonder if she's even Jewish by halacha

I think probably not. I know some black Jews who have black gentile fathers and white Jewish mothers, but that woman looks fully black. Assuming she's a convert, she probably underwent a reform conversion since she studied at a reform Jewish institute. Reform "conversions" are not valid according to Israeli law or according to traditional Judaism.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »
I question her honesty entirely. I think she is just setting up a scam. As the first so called black female rabbi, she is guaranteed to be flushed with funding. She hit the jackpot.

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »
Not taking a jab at women BTW.  Actually I am not opposed to women being ordained as clergy in the Church as long as they have been truly called.

However, in my very limited understanding of Judaism I was thinking that there are Rabbinical restrictions that should not be challenged.  Please correct me if I am mistaken as I have the upmost respect for Judaic Law.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »
i did not know that there were women rabbis too

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
There are no female Rabbis in Orthodox Judaism. This will not change. This is one of the reasons Orthodox Judaism is the only Judaism I consider to be authentic. The others, Reform & Conservative, are Judaism Lite for the idiots. I know many nice Jews who consider themselves Reform or Conservative, but I know what they really are spiritually, they are fooling themselves and trying to fool Hashem {we know he cannot be fooled}.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 01:49:17 PM »
Not taking a jab at women BTW.  Actually I am not opposed to women being ordained as clergy in the Church as long as they have been truly called.

However, in my very limited understanding of Judaism I was thinking that there are Rabbinical restrictions that should not be challenged.  Please correct me if I am mistaken as I have the upmost respect for Judaic Law.

The woman is not allowed to teach according to Paul. (1. Timotheus 2:12)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
"The woman is not allowed to teach according to Paul. (1. Timotheus 2:12)"

Very familiar with this passage, many have built arguments on it.  My only thing is this is what Paul said.

As you know, Paul was very opinionated and confrontational and would go head-to-head with another Apostle in an instant.

My heart-held belief is Christ never denied women the opportunity to participate in His ministry.

He knows our heart better than we do.

Offline bongoid

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 02:28:39 PM »
 ;D :dance:

Oy der Schvartza Rebbetzin da-da-da-da-da..................

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »

Very familiar with this passage, many have built arguments on it.  My only thing is this is what Paul said.

As you know, Paul was very opinionated and confrontational and would go head-to-head with another Apostle in an instant.

My heart-held belief is Christ never denied women the opportunity to participate in His ministry.

This is your assumption. Of cause Jesus respected the women, but he never choose one of them for leadership. Paul states himself several times, that he is choosen by Jesus personally for his service to teach. So I listen to his advise.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »
What makes her jewish to even make her into rabbi?  I'm sorry the reform are not even practicing judaism
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 04:12:18 PM »

Peter also said women cannot teach.. That they have to be submissive and under male authority.. Being women rabbi is big no no in Christian religion too..  And don't try to knock Paul, because like over half the amount of books in the New Testament were written by him, so he must have some knowldge about Christianity that you don't.  Watch out for heart held beliefs, King Solomon wrote, what is more deceptive than the heart.  Stick to scriptual teachings and don't let your heart guide you away from the Good Book.

Anyhow, I agree with Mumam.. The Orthodox Jews are the ones who really adhere to the teachings of the Torah an Talmud.  They live and breathe the religion and deveote themselves entirely to Hashem.  They have managed 1000s of years without women or homosexual rabbis.  Why do they need this today?  If anyone read teh news like few years ago a COnserative SYnagogue in Los Angeles ordained the first lesbian woman rabbi ever.   Please nobody hate me when saying this, but I think these reform, neo-conservative Jews are all clowns who are just playing some sick game with Hashem's Torah and that he will punish them like he did when Israelites sacrificed to Molech and to g-ds of the Babylonians.   I know the frummish, devoted, Orthodox, Chassidim, Haredi are very blessed in Hashem's eyes and one day they Israel will be ruled under their authority.

As far as the other clowns, like Ms. Afro Mama Lesbo Rabbi.. I just think they are fuel for the fire of hell.  Assuming they don't repent for this vulgar and demeaning lifestyle.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:19:00 PM by MountainMan »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »
In my opinion Judaism is much less mysogynistic than Christianity. Women are equal to men in many respects but they have different obligations than men. According to Jewish belief women are not obligated in the time-bound mitzvahs such as davening at certain times, wearing tefillin, and such. The only time-bound mitzvah which I can think about is the lighting of Shabbat candles. Women are also able to learn and to teach, as a matter of fact I know of several Rebbetzins who are very knowledgable and I know women who study under them.

I knew a Christian who regulary beat his wife and he showed me NT justification for beating his wife. I don't think Christianity {in its true form} was very friendly to women, and it is why christian clergy aren't allowed to marry while Rabbis should be married. Also the belief in Original Sin which cast Eve in a very disturbing light. I believe that Judaism is much enlightened compared to both Christianity and Islam when it comes to women issues.

PS: I do support seperation of genders during davening and learning not because I think there is anything impure about women, it is a fear of the thoughts which will enter mine and other mens heads when we see beautiful women. See http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,35099.msg354917.html#msg354917

PPS: Judaism also has many Women role models such as Sarah, Rebecca, Leah, Rachel, Miriam, Batyah, Tzipporah, Deborah, Ruth and others.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:35:16 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
I knew a Christian who regulary beat his wife and he showed me NT justification for beating his wife. I don't think Christianity {in its true form} was very friendly to women, and it is why christian clergy aren't allowed to marry while Rabbis should be married. Also the belief in Original Sin which cast Eve in a very disturbing light. I believe that Judaism is much enlightened compared to both Christianity and Islam when it comes to women issues.

What about that rabbi who got busted on nightline for being a pedophile?  He was visitng the house of what he thought was a young girl who wanted to have sex.  I guess all Jewish people are like this?    I suppose all Chrsitains are wife beaters and rape alter boys.   

You really shouldn't make such bold accusations without backing it up with scripture.  I am sure I can find some Jewish person who did something wrong and say you see how Judaism is much more unfriendly to women.  As far as I know one of the Jewish prayers , "Thank you G-d for not making me a gentile, slave or a woman."    Christianity and Judaism have many similairties and have many same teachings about women.  Husbands are not allowed to beat their wives in Christianity anymore than they are allowed in Judaism.  So, I would respect that on behalf of the CHristian members here you don't make blind accusations based on what idiot you met, because some person can do the same thing with Jews and twist and manipulate the scriptures as with the one prayer I showed you.    Contrary to what you claim, women were not always treated with great respect in Judaism.   I am not saying its wrong, since most societies were male dominated until the last 40 years or so.   As far as you saying Christains believe in Adam and Eve, are you telling me Jewish people believe otherwise?  Does this not come from Bereshit?   Also, does it not say in Torah that a woman who is found not to be a virgin (Blood on sheets) after her marriage night is to be taken out in the streets to be stoned to death?  Of course i Know thaat these rules are not in effect anymore, but you shouldn't just rant about how bad Christianity is and cruel to women.   Christian women had a very great role in the ministry and as mothers and sisters and were greatly loved.  You won't find any verse in New Testament about beating, stoning or killing women.  Since you claim to know so much, why not you find me the verse and show me where they allow wife beating in CHristianity? 

We need not have a religious battle now do we?

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
There are no female Rabbis in Orthodox Judaism. This will not change. This is one of the reasons Orthodox Judaism is the only Judaism I consider to be authentic. The others, Reform & Conservative, are Judaism Lite for the idiots. I know many nice Jews who consider themselves Reform or Conservative, but I know what they really are spiritually, they are fooling themselves and trying to fool Hashem {we know he cannot be fooled}.
thanks for clearing it.

I was told by my local Guru...since he has been attending every Hindu-Jewish summits, in Judaism, just like Hinduism... women are not supposed to enter synagouges during their menstrual cycle.. really? or did i hear it wrongly... Other things like removing shoes outside before entering a temple, like Hinduism.. Its very interesting. Sanctity and Purity has to be maintained at the highest level for Spiritual reasons!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 06:04:15 PM »

Women have many important roles in Judaism, Rabbi is not one of them.

This is exactly how it looks, a mockery. She is no Rabbi, and the place she conducts her little shows (I won't call them religious services) is no Synagogue.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.