Author Topic: Alleged Museum Shooter's Son Slams Dad's 'Cowardice'  (Read 1095 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Alleged Museum Shooter's Son Slams Dad's 'Cowardice'
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »
Alleged Museum Shooter's Son Slams Dad's 'Cowardice'
Exclusive: Erik von Brunn on Dad: 'Beliefs ... a Constant Source of Verbal and Mental Abuse'
By MICHAEL S. JAMES, PIERRE THOMAS, JACK DATE and THERESA COOK
June 12, 2009

A son of the 88-year-old white supremacist who allegedly started a shootout at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum is slamming his father's "cowardice" and apologizing to the family of the security guard his dad is accused of killing.

Holocaust Museum shooting suspect James von Brunn was a white supremacist.
"My father's actions are unforgivable," Erik von Brunn, 32, of Florida, wrote in a statement to ABC News. "I do not expect, nor will I accept forgiveness for what he has done. I realize there is nothing positive to be taken from this incident."

Erik von Brunn's father, James von Brunn, has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Stephen Tyrone Johns, the museum guard who opened the door for elderly man to let him into the museum.

In apologizing to Johns' family, Erik von Brunn said his father's hatred has tormented his own family for years, as well.

"My father's beliefs have been a constant source of verbal and mental abuse my family has had to suffer with for many years," he wrote. "His views consumed him, and in doing so, not only destroyed his life, but destroyed our family and ruined our lives as well.

"For a long time, I believed this was our family's cross to bear," he added. "Now, it is not only my families lives that are in shambles, but those who were directly affected by his actions; especially the family of Mr. Johns, who bravely sacrificed his life to stop my father.

"I cannot express enough how deeply sorry I am it was Mr. Johns, and not my father who lost their life [Wednesday]," Erik von Brunn said. "It was unjustified and unfair that he died, and while my condolences could never begin to offer appeasement, they, along with my remorse is all I have to give."

Von Brunn, who wrote a book alleging a Jewish plot against civilization, long has been held in some esteem by members of hate groups. He allegedly left behind hate-filled handwritten notes in his car, according to the criminal complaint against him filed in federal court in Washington Thursday.

But Erik von Brunn, whose parents divorced years ago, had some words for those who lionize his father.

"For the extremists who believe my father is a hero: it is imperative you understand what he did was an act of cowardice," Erik von Brunn wrote. "To physically force your beliefs onto others with violence is not brave, but bullying. Doing so only serves to prove how weak those beliefs are. It is simply desperation, reminiscent of a temper tantrum when a child cannot get his way. Violence is a cop out; an easy answer for an ignorant problem."

More if you follow the link provided

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Stor ... 285&page=2

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Alleged Museum Shooter's Son Slams Dad's 'Cowardice'
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
This is a good sign, and it shows that many of the youth are wising up.  I have a couple friends who had parents who were closet Nazi-sympathizers and they have completely renounced the stupidity of their parents.  Now if only children of Muslims could follow suit.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »
I think the son has courage for this.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »
There was an interview with this kooks ex-wife and she stated that the son was seriously considering changing his last name.

Offline Yonah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:16:55 AM »
Reporters would have been calling him all day, and had he said anything else, he would have been driven out of his house by successive protests and would never get a job as a teacher.

Was he honest? He had every reason not to be honest.

Was his father a coward? Not at all. An idiot? A complete f**king idiot. If he wanted to become a hero to his nazi followers, he could have shot a Congressman or someone important, not a guard at the Holocaust museum.

Thankfully, the guard was not Jewish and this will do nothing more than drive the neo-nazi movement further underground.

In other news, a black muslim convert murders a solider outside a recruiting center in Arkansas, but apparently this isn't important.
Obama must use a magic 8-ball, because if he were flipping a coin he'd be right about half of the time.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 12:42:53 AM »
I think it was horrible that the guard had to die like that and I don't think it matters what background he came from or didn't come from.

Also I'm glad that Erik is speaking out against his father's evil. I hope he doesn't become a target now of the idiot extremists.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »
I think it was horrible that the guard had to die like that and I don't think it matters what background he came from or didn't come from.

Also I'm glad that Erik is speaking out against his father's evil. I hope he doesn't become a target now of the idiot extremists.
True but i think no one blames his son
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 09:24:02 PM »

I'm afraid that the neo Nazis might target Erik because he denounced his father.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »

I'm afraid that the neo Nazis might target Erik because he denounced his father.
If the WN touched him the FBI would be all over every WN group in this country.Their not that dumb
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03