Poll

Are "shack-up" couples just as bad as fag unions?

Yes.
2 (10.5%)
No, homosexuality is always the most perverse.
15 (78.9%)
Do not know.
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Cohabiting.  (Read 7800 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Cohabiting.
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »
Why is it not as bad as homosexuality?

They are both a man-made warping and perversion of what a heterosexual marriage is, and yet insisting that it is a marriage, and that we consider it such.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 07:37:28 PM »
You've given me food for thought. You have a point that's worth considering. Pardon my ignorance. Cohabiting IS fornication. And yes, it is just as bad as homosexuality. You were right. I'm wrong. I was thinking about two people just living together without considering the actual definition of the word.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 09:23:53 PM »
Change the laws and tax systems so that it is more in support of young couples who wish to marry, stay together and have children, if you must.

This is a good point too

In America, one of the reasons driving cohabitation is actually economic.

But that brings in a whole 'nother set of issues.

Democrats want to eliminate a tax break for married couples.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 09:25:45 PM »
Chaimfan

I totally agree with you. You are very perceptive.

My personal experience has led me to the same conclusion. I'm 32 years old, and one of the biggest problems I've encountered dating is that women are always looking to "shack up" with their new boyfriends. A lot of girls can't afford to live on their own and need a roommate. A lot of modern women seem to look at dating as a way to find a roommate. I found over and over again that girls were trying to "screw" their way into living at my house.

When cohabitation occurs, men are less likely to propose marriage because then it's necessary to make the additional commitment--they're already living like a married couple.  And then the woman wonders why she's not being asked to get married.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 09:31:08 PM »
I am totally against cohabiting.  It's just a way for a man to have the milk for free without buying the entire cow.  And the women ultimately end up suffering for it.  After all, why would a man go through the trouble of making a commitment before G-d and all his family when he already has many of the same benefits of marriage already? 

And it's true that women contribute to this problem by agreeing to move in with their boyfriends.  I've heard stories about men and women living together for years, where the man never even wanted to marry the woman.  She was just nice to "have around." 

I used to know a girl who was rather promiscous.  On the singles weekend where I met her, she found  a guy she liked and put out for him right there and then.  And EVERY weekend after that, for the next two years, she would trek over to Delaware from Westchester just to sleep with the guy.  Needless to say the guy STILL did not propose to her after all that time.  I encourage her to find someone else.  And do you know what the first guy finally said to her???  He said "But I wasn't sure I even liked you that much." 
In other words, he liked her enough to have sex with her every weekend for two years, but not to marry her. 

Then I've heard stories about men and women living together for years, when all of the sudded the man meets someone else through work or a vacation and marries her right away. 

So to answer Chaimfan's question, I think, as a straight woman that cohabiting is much much worse.  The reason is because the choices that some women make affect the options available to other women.  Cohabiting is an example.  In other words, it becomes much harder for old fashioned, modest, women who want to wait until marriage to be intimate, when men can easily get the sex and companionship without having to marry.  "

You are correct Lisa.   To add to your last point, stick to your principles.  Don't give in to the feminists who frequently contradict themselves.  Don't allow yourself to become corrupt.  Don't assume that all men want to have sex with random women. 

Merck enjoys their commercials about their new vaccine that they claim could prevent a type of the HPV virus.  What they don't tell you is that people could prevent it if they waited until marrying, where neither partner would be promiscuous. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:41:33 PM by RationalThought110 »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »
If one wishes to live life the beautiful way one should try to put G-d first in any relationship one is having. Even with strangers, one should try to put G-d first.

So it not surprising that we have the institution of marriage to protect us, because lust can draw us away from love and G-d.

If you can co-habit and still sincerely try to put G-d first without the official document, then fine. You might be doing a lot better than many married couples.

I dislike the idea of the marriage being a mere business contract, it should be a contract which commits the couple religiously. That really should be the most important thing.

I can't stand how "Hollywood" couples are always getting married and divorced.  They have no respect for the institution of marriage.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 10:24:47 PM »
Re:  "...I can't stand how "Hollywood" couples are always getting married and divorced.  They have no respect for the institution of marriage..."

Question:
-Why are actors and actresses always assuming so many different characters on film and on stage?

Answer:
-Because none of them have any character of their own!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 10:26:53 PM »
Re:  "...I can't stand how "Hollywood" couples are always getting married and divorced.  They have no respect for the institution of marriage..."

Question:
-Why are actors and actresses always assuming so many different characters on film and on stage?

Answer:
-Because none of them have any character of their own!

This is a great analysis. 

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 11:04:02 PM »
im not sure if gentlies are absolutly REQUIRED to get married. anyway the "marriage" paper or whatever you get from the state has nothing to do with the halahic marriage under Jewish law (for Jews). If your Jewish you can be married under Jewish law , but not under civil law and it would be legit.
once again im not exactly sure about the Noahide law, but the problem for many gentile people is that if a girl had relations with a guy ( which is concidered them being married) then she would have to get some divorce before she sleeps with another man, and if not then its ADULTRY - which supposed to be punishible by death by gentile (Noahide) law.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/