Author Topic: Islamists Amputate Limbs of 4 Somalis Accused of Theft  (Read 909 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Islamists Amputate Limbs of 4 Somalis Accused of Theft
« on: June 25, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »
Islamists Amputate Limbs of 4 Somalis Accused of Theft

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/26/world/africa/26somalia.html?ref=global-home

MOGADISHU, Somalia — Islamic insurgents trying to overthrow the government of Somalia cut off the right hands and left legs of four young men accused of theft on Thursday, bringing their strict brand of justice to the capital for the first time, witnesses said.

Somalia has been reeling from a pitched battle between the transitional government and the insurgents, particularly in the capital, Mogadishu, where hundreds have been killed and tens of thousands displaced in recent weeks alone.

Responding to what he called an urgent request by Somali officials, the State Department spokesman, Ian Kelley, said Thursday that the United States had provided Somalia’s government with weapons and ammunition “to repel the onslaught of extremist forces” that were “spoiling efforts to bring peace and stability” to the nation.

The Shabab, one of the principal Islamic groups fighting to topple the government, was behind the punishment. It has imposed harsh sentences in other parts of the country that it controls and, at least once, stoned to death a teenage girl who said she had been raped, an act that drew international condemnation.

But residents described the amputations on Thursday as the first in the capital since a clan-based Islamic court carried out similar sentences about 15 years ago. Analysts said the Shabab, which is accused of having links to Al Qaeda, might be trying to win popular support in the capital by showing that it could achieve stability in the chaotic nation through a firm enactment of Shariah, or Islamic law.

The issue has emerged as a contentious element in the battle for control. The government is led by moderate Islamists who have, at least officially, agreed to make Shariah the basis of Somalia’s legal system, a move that could politically isolate the more extreme wing of the insurgency by undermining its claims of legitimacy.

But the government’s enactment of Islamic law seems to have been delayed, in part because it is struggling to simply survive, much less carry out new measures. So it remains unclear exactly how the government’s interpretation of Shariah would be practiced.

The amputations of the four young men, who had been accused of stealing items like a cellphone or a pistol, took place near a former animal market in front of a crowd of more than 100 people, many of them women and children. Some shouted “God is great” at the spectacle, witnesses said, while others fell to the ground in shock and fear.

The Shabab said it would care for the men until their wounds had healed.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Re: Islamists Amputate Limbs of 4 Somalis Accused of Theft
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 10:43:58 PM »
Hi ag337, while I was reading the article I had a visual of the scene and I could even imagine the screams.

islam is a barbaric cult that really needs to be eliminated, question is how do you remove islam from their brains
without killing them? I don't think muslims can be deprogrammed.
So we have this dilema of being outnumbered by blood thirsty barbarians that will never change
or we have to kill them in order to save ourselves. I choose the latter option.
I am so ready for a major sweep in the Middle East. May G-d help us defeat our enemy.

Good article you posted ag337.

Shalom - Dox

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:31:40 AM »
Great article ag! I see no end to this barbaric lifestyle either and I'm with Dox, you eliminate them, because there is no changing their ways and this is only going to get worse, as we have already seen!  >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 10:00:47 AM »
Great article ag! I see no end to this barbaric lifestyle either and I'm with Dox, you eliminate them, because there is no changing their ways and this is only going to get worse, as we have already seen!  >:(

Agree...btw ag337 always make good articles.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:34:19 AM »

Dawn ^5                :)