Author Topic: Obama Renews Criticism of Iran in Wake of Violence  (Read 1539 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Obama Renews Criticism of Iran in Wake of Violence
« on: June 26, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »
Obama Renews Criticism of Iran in Wake of Violence

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1246031 ... lenews_wsj

WASHINGTON --President Barack Obama on Friday again condemned the Iranian government's violent attacks on demonstrators, but said it's too soon to say whether those actions will hinder U.S.-Iran talks aimed at halting Iran's development of nuclear weaponry.

"We are still waiting to see how the situation in Iran plays out," Mr. Obama said in response to questions at a joint White House press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Mr. Obama reiterated his view that Iran's government is violating "international norms" in its brutal response to peaceful demonstrators, and that "what's happened in Iran is unacceptable."

While he condemned the Iranian government's actions, Mr. Obama said "we don't yet know" how they might affect talks with the U.S. on Iran's nuclear program.

Iran is developing nuclear power at a brisk pace and Mr. Obama said its emergence as a nuclear power would be a big problem both for the U.S. and for security in the Middle East. He acknowledged "the clock is ticking," and said he expects continued multilateral discussions with Iran regarding its nuclear program, even if prospects for direct talks between the U.S. and Iran are unclear.

Asked about an upsurge of violence in Iraq, Mr. Obama predicted "there will continue to be some violence in Iraq for some time," and that U.S. military casualties there are always a cause for concern. He said that despite such attacks, the overall security in Iraq is improving and that the bigger challenge for Iraq is to peacefully resolve issues that split its political and religious factions.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Obama Renews Criticism of Iran in Wake of Violence
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:45:28 PM »
Much too little, much too late.....

I really despise this man...............

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 09:08:25 PM »

Words mean nothing, I want ACTION! Funny how we can despise someone more and more every day, isn't it? Never thought it could be possible LOL
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »

Words mean nothing, I want ACTION! Funny how we can despise someone more and more every day, isn't it? Never thought it could be possible LOL

arksis,
He will never take action against his brethren.

Remember, he stated that when push comes to shove he would stand with the Muslims.

Disgusting and disturbing on too many levels for a President who represents the U.S.A..

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:22:21 PM »

arksis,
He will never take action against his brethren.

Remember, he stated that when push comes to shove he would stand with the Muslims.

Disgusting and disturbing on too many levels for a President who represents the U.S.A..

Yes, I remember when he said this and tried my damnedest to convince the liberals that he was NOT one of them, but a muslim! But noooooooooooo, they just didn't believe me. Disgusting and disturbing is right. UGH!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 12:17:29 AM »
I know how you both feel ....   >:(

Shalom - Dox