Author Topic: I'm going to enlist in the airforce  (Read 4073 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I'm going to enlist in the airforce
« on: July 01, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »
I've decided that i'm going to enlist in the air force. My life is pretty bad right now, lost someone I loved, i'm losing my job, and my financial situation is really bad. I know some of you may not agree with my decision, but since being part of the military is a family tradition, I am going to talk to a recruiter on Thursday and see what my options are. I haven't really been around much as i've been working out and getting in shape. If anyone is afraid that I am turning my back on the movement or Israel, don't worry, I still support Israel and I will always remember I am Jewish before anything. I will never make a decision that questions my loyalty to Israel.

Shalom.

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I'm going to enlist in the airforce
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 04:58:21 PM »
I understand man.  I have had a hard time finding a full time job myself.  I don't see this stopping without a violent revolution. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 05:01:25 PM »
I've decided that i'm going to enlist in the air force. My life is pretty bad right now, lost someone I loved, i'm losing my job, and my financial situation is really bad. I know some of you may not agree with my decision, but since being part of the military is a family tradition, I am going to talk to a recruiter on Thursday and see what my options are. I haven't really been around much as i've been working out and getting in shape. If anyone is afraid that I am turning my back on the movement or Israel, don't worry, I still support Israel and I will always remember I am Jewish before anything. I will never make a decision that questions my loyalty to Israel.

Shalom.
Did you consider making Aliya through Nefesh B'Nefesh?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »
I am sorry, sweetie.  But I am going to pray against this.  With an evil person in control YOU ARE IN DANGER.  Why have you not emailed or called, or ANYTHING??
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »
Let me give you some advice.

1. Choose a technical job where you can learn new skills.

2. Take every training, that you can get. There are lots of    courses of instructions. Make a snap.

3. Don't choose a too short time, because lot's of courses of instructions you will not get then and don't choose a too long time, because then you will not come back to civil life. 12 years max.

Don't think only about the money, think first about the education you can get there. The education there is worth tens of thousands of $.

I hope this will help you.

From someone who was already soldier.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »

Shalom.
Did you consider making Aliya through Nefesh B'Nefesh?

Yeah!!!!  Aliya is a good idea. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »
I'm down to 230 pounds, need to reach 197 pounds and boot camp will get me down to 191. How difficult is ASVAB? I need to take it before I can enlist.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 05:51:49 PM »
All the best for you dude!

I will pray for you. ;)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »
Sounds like a great idea, White Israelite.  I have two blog friends who've served in the USAF for 26 years.  Good luck to you.

Offline Yonah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 06:53:02 PM »
If you can become an officer, you should do that instead, presuming you have a degree or have started one.
Obama must use a magic 8-ball, because if he were flipping a coin he'd be right about half of the time.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
Well I wish you the best of luck, if you set your mind to it you can do it.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »

Shalom.

Mazeltov on your wise decision.
My father served 22 years in the USAF. It was a good life with many travels.
I wish you much luck in your new direction and may G-d bless you
and help you along the way.

Shalom - Dox

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 08:19:39 PM »
The ASVAB is not hard, and they will try to get you into the job they need filled based on this score.  If you are enlisting, I would advise you to study up on what jobs the Air Force has to offer so you can push for the one you want before you sign up.  If you have at least a Bachelor's Degree, you can become an officer if you are interested.  I'm enlisted in the Navy and I work with a lot of Air Force people so if I can be of any assistance let me know.

What are your thoughts on coast guard, that is another option as well.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 08:34:29 PM »
Best of luck with this its sounds like a great way to get back on your feet. The military has a great deal to offer today and the pay is actually not that bad.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 10:16:26 AM »
My brother in law became an Air controller in the Air Force now he works as a civilian Air controller makes good money
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:17:08 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 10:58:46 AM »
Good luck, but please weigh this carefully. The military is not a light decision and most of the people who have enlisted in the past few years really come to regret it.

If I were you I would consider aliyah before enlisting. Doesn't the Israeli government help new immigrants fnd jobs?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »
How old are you?  Do you have a family to support?

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »
Have you thought about Aliyah?

It seems like you are at a time in your life where Aliyah may be a good option.

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 11:11:13 AM »
Becareful of the recruiter.  He will be like a used car salesman who will tell you anything to get you to enlist into the MOS he needs filled.  Decide beforehand what it is EXACTLY you want to do, and then insist on it.  He may say it isn't available and/or you aren't qualified for it.  If he won't give you an MOS you want check in with other recruiters.  They almost alway come around and offer you what you want in the end.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 12:55:56 PM »
I am 23, no I don't have a family. I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »
In that case, go for it.  BUT... make sure you DONT get the old bait and switch from the recruiters.  You dont want to be stuck working under a silo in the middle of nowhere.  Make sure you do some research to find out where you want to specialize, and stick with it.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 02:36:05 PM »
I understand that, I have a lot of friends who are airforce in the area, the ASVAB will help to determine what kind of job I can get into.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 03:06:07 PM »
I am 23, no I don't have a family. I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do.

?
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 05:06:05 PM »
If anything, move to Israel. I am sure your computer skills can land you a good job there. Have you looked into that?
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »
I wish you all the best with this decision, White Israelite.  I think the military is great option.  I'm glad you let us know.  Missed seeing you post on the forum.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.