Poll

Are you:

Jewish
23 (51.1%)
Non-Jewish
22 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Non-Jewish supporters?  (Read 15873 times)

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
Non-Jewish supporters?
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
Sometimes feels like only Jews support Israel, and at a world population of 0.2% population makes me feel a little bit unpopular  :::D

So just wondering, how many supporters here are non-Jewish?

Offline MrPatriot1776

• Full JTFer
    • YouTube Channel - MrPatriot1776
Re: Non-Jewish supporters?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
I'm a Christia, and I support Israel for that reason. I had a tough time deciding whether to align myself with the Muslims and "Palestine" or the Jews and Israel. But eventually I found my way.

It's funny how anti-semitism is based only on conspiracy theories, and Zionism is based on facts and reality.
Patriots! Capitalists! Jews! Gentiles! Lovers of freedom! Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MrPatriot1776

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 11:56:01 AM »
Sometimes feels like only Jews support Israel, and at a world population of 0.2% population makes me feel a little bit unpopular  :::D

So just wondering, how many supporters here are non-Jewish?

From what I understand, most of our members are non-Jews.  I myself am Jewish.

There is no such thing as "part Jewish."  A person is either Jewish or not.

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:02:16 PM »
I'm a Christia, and I support Israel for that reason. I had a tough time deciding whether to align myself with the Muslims and "Palestine" or the Jews and Israel. But eventually I found my way.

It's funny how anti-semitism is based only on conspiracy theories, and Zionism is based on facts and reality.

I'm glad you understand things from our side. Nothing is worse than patriots who try to solve problems by pondering conspiracy theories all day long, and jumping on the anti-zionist train :)

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 12:05:40 PM »

By that I mean has one parent that is Jewish (as you probably figured out).

In Nazi Germany, that's all it took.

Someone with part Jewish blood will always be considered a full Jew by anti-semites or purists, so by this part-Jews are likely to feel a strong connection to the Jewish people.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
My Grandmother was Jewish, but I know that doesn't make me Jewish in anyway as I believe you have to be born Jewish or convert.  But I am 100% pro Israel.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 12:22:33 PM »
You should remove Jewish Convert for he or she is a Jew.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:26:20 PM »

That's true, but I'm just curious as to what ethnicity some supporters are.

There are only 14 million of us, not enough to fight 1.5 billion you-know-who's.

Jews by birth I believe are more likely to be sympathetic to our cause, it's a given. This is why I slightly treasure more our non-Jewish supporters.

Like in Nazi Germany, Jewish supporters meant nothing...

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 12:28:33 PM »
Part-Jewish.  :dance: (I have Jewish ancestry too)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »

Someone with part Jewish blood will always be considered a full Jew by anti-semites or purists, so by this part-Jews are likely to feel a strong connection to the Jewish people.

Anti-semites and Nazis don't determine what and who is a Jew...The Torah determines who's a Jew (by birth). 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 01:19:04 PM »

Anti-semites and Nazis don't determine what and who is a Jew...The Torah determines who's a Jew (by birth). 

So you disagree that Jewishness is also a genetic trait? what is an atheist Jew in Europe?

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 01:23:36 PM »

So you disagree that Jewishness is also a genetic trait? what is an atheist Jew in Europe?

I think there is also Jewish nation. And don't forget if someone had a Jewish grandparent that was also killed by nazis.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »

True
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:49:27 PM »

Jewishness is definately NOT a genetic trait...you have ethiopian Jews and white russian jews and tan persian jews and converts...Judaism is not a genetic trait...Anyone who sincerely wants to become a Jew who converts apporpriately is a Jew..case end and point.

And you have born Jew who doesn't believe in anything and is an athiest...yes he is still a Jew by birth but doesn't practice Judaism....meaning he's a non practicing secular Jew.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 02:23:21 PM »
Personally I am a supportive member but am (a) not Jewish and (b) not resident in Israel. I therefore abstain from commenting on specifically Israeli affairs. I suspect that to get a real feel for the situation you need to be Jewish, in Israel, and holding a rifle. Anything else is just words.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »

So what?   We don't determine reality based on what a tyrant says.  We determine Jewish religion based on Torah.  According to Jewish law a person is either Jewish or not Jewish.   If the mother is Jewish (even if father is not) the person is Jewish.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 03:18:18 PM »

Jews are a nation/people aside from just a religion.   If you are born Jewish you remain so, no matter what crazy things you believe or no matter what stupid things you do.  There may be exceptions in very extreme circumstances, but this is generally how it is.   Once a Jew, always a Jew.    And once a person converts, that's it, he has a new life as a Jew, and always remains so.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »
My Grandmother was Jewish, but I know that doesn't make me Jewish in anyway as I believe you have to be born Jewish or convert.  But I am 100% pro Israel.

Your mother's mother, or your father's mother?   If it is your mother's mother, then you are actually Jewish.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »

Your mother's mother, or your father's mother?   If it is your mother's mother, then you are actually Jewish.

That would be my father's mother.  But thank you for the info.

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 05:01:36 PM »

Jews are a nation/people aside from just a religion.   If you are born Jewish you remain so, no matter what crazy things you believe or no matter what stupid things you do.  There may be exceptions in very extreme circumstances, but this is generally how it is.   Once a Jew, always a Jew.    And once a person converts, that's it, he has a new life as a Jew, and always remains so.

That's basically what I was saying. My point is that if someone half-Jewish they can still be considered part-Jewish, or simply Jewish if they identify with it strongly enough.

Traditionally it might go by mothers side, but I don't see how fathers DNA is less meaningfull.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »

That's basically what I was saying. My point is that if someone half-Jewish they can still be considered part-Jewish, or simply Jewish if they identify with it strongly enough.

No, that's not what I said.   You just said the opposite of what I said.   No matter how much they "identify" with it or want to be Jewish, if they are not Jewish, they are not Jewish.   In other words, if the mother is Jewish (even if the father is not), the person is Jewish.  If the mother is NOT Jewish (even if the father is) the person is not Jewish.

Traditionally it might go by mothers side, but I don't see how fathers DNA is less meaningfull.

Perhaps because it's not based on DNA.  You made that up.

Whether you see it or not, that's the reality.  You admit that traditionally the Jewish people define themselves as a nation through the mother.  So who are you or me or anyone else to change that or to say that they are going to be a Jew anyway even not through the mother.   That's like telling MENSA you're a member even though they repeatedly tell you you don't meet their criteria and have to be selected in order to join (not to imply anything about you personally)....

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »

That would be my father's mother.  But thank you for the info.

You are Jewish in the reformed views.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 11:47:37 PM »
I am a Gentile and I will always believe and pray that Israel belong to the Jews.  :usa+israel:
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Axel

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 11:49:49 PM »

No, that's not what I said.

You said Jews are a nation/people, I said Jews share similar DNA. Jews are varied in about 3 groups and that's about it. Ashkenazi, Sefardic and Mizrahi are all considered Jewish. You can only be classifed into these categories if you have a Jewish parent, aka share a similar DNA.

In other words, if the mother is Jewish (even if the father is not), the person is Jewish.  If the mother is NOT Jewish (even if the father is) the person is not Jewish.

So G-d said that a Jew can only go by the mother? why would someone whom invented DNA make such a rule?

Perhaps because it's not based on DNA.  You made that up

Ha, I wish. I would be quite the celebrated scientist had I discovered that race is genetic.

You admit that traditionally the Jewish people define themselves as a nation through the mother.

Traditionally Jewish people also practice Hasidisim, but it's got nothing to do with the actual religion nor classification of race.

So who are you or me or anyone else to change that or to say that they are going to be a Jew anyway even not through the mother.

Many liberal Jews and denominations are now ageeing that the father also counts. I don't understand how in the eyes of traditional Jews a convert counts more than someone with a Jewish father, grandmother and grandfather.

That's like telling MENSA you're a member even though they repeatedly tell you you don't meet their criteria and have to be selected in order to join (not to imply anything about you personally)....

Race is not MENSA and not something you control or ask to join. I will repeat, tradition does not refine DNA, it defines it. Human definitions, in my eyes, are worthless.

A gentile with a Jewish father is only a non-Jew in the eyes of other Jews, which is pretty sad.

Think about this also, how does having a Jewish mother devalue the gentile father? in science, a child can take the DNA of both parents depending on which one has stronger genes. How does mere tradition change that?

This tradition dates back to a time before DNA tests, when you couldn't always know who the real father was. I assume this is also observed by the lineage tree in the bible, which doesn't really change much.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:56:05 PM by Axel »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 12:27:14 AM »
The Torah is what made the Jewish people Jewish. The Torah mandates that Judaism is passed through the mother. You can quibble and complain but the truth of the matter is you are just wasting time. The definition of a Jew is one whose mother is Jewish, or they have to convert. A person whose father is Jewish certainly can convert if they want to.

The Jewish status is not genetic. It is a spiritual link to the creator. The reason the Jews are not to intermarry is just for this problem which you pose. There would be no question about whether a person is a Jew or not if both parents are a Jew. So now those who violated the command are expecting the Law from G-d to change for their own arrogant behavior? I find that Chutzpadik to the max.

Anyone who has studied the Torah, any Rabbi of any competence who holds Torah as the word of G-d will tell you that a Jew is a Jew because of his mother being a Jew. There is no other way... You can trick people and pretend you are a Jew but G-d knows who is a Jew and who is not a Jew. There is no tricking Hashem.

Anyone who is not a Jew and considers that they are and have not converted, I recommend you convert because you cannot just call yourself a Jew. This is not Genetics and it doesn't matter who's genes you have when you are determining Jewishness. I think you are missing the point of what it means to be Jewish.

PS: What do you mean Jews practice Hasidism? What does this mean to you? Chassidic Judaism is a strain of Judaism which goes beyond the letter of the law. This is the meaning of the word Chassid, one who practices kindness beyond the law.

No, that's not what I said.

You said Jews are a nation/people, I said Jews share similar DNA. Jews are varied in about 3 groups and that's about it. Ashkenazi, Sefardic and Mizrahi are all considered Jewish. You can only be classifed into these categories if you have a Jewish parent, aka share a similar DNA.

In other words, if the mother is Jewish (even if the father is not), the person is Jewish.  If the mother is NOT Jewish (even if the father is) the person is not Jewish.

So G-d said that a Jew can only go by the mother? why would someone whom invented DNA make such a rule?

Perhaps because it's not based on DNA.  You made that up

Ha, I wish. I would be quite the celebrated scientist had I discovered that race is genetic.

You admit that traditionally the Jewish people define themselves as a nation through the mother.

Traditionally Jewish people also practice Hasidisim, but it's got nothing to do with the actual religion nor classification of race.

So who are you or me or anyone else to change that or to say that they are going to be a Jew anyway even not through the mother.

Many liberal Jews and denominations are now ageeing that the father also counts. I don't understand how in the eyes of traditional Jews a convert counts more than someone with a Jewish father, grandmother and grandfather.

That's like telling MENSA you're a member even though they repeatedly tell you you don't meet their criteria and have to be selected in order to join (not to imply anything about you personally)....

Race is not MENSA and not something you control or ask to join. I will repeat, tradition does not refine DNA, it defines it. Human definitions, in my eyes, are worthless.

A gentile with a Jewish father is only a non-Jew in the eyes of other Jews, which is pretty sad.

Think about this also, how does having a Jewish mother devalue the gentile father? in science, a child can take the DNA of both parents depending on which one has stronger genes. How does mere tradition change that?

This tradition dates back to a time before DNA tests, when you couldn't always know who the real father was. I assume this is also observed by the lineage tree in the bible, which doesn't really change much.

And the triangle really believes it is a square... But in reality it is still a triangle...

The bird thinks he is a cow... But he is really a bird....
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14