Author Topic: What is the proper punishment for Gershon Baskin?  (Read 4751 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: What is the proper punishment for Gershon Baskin?
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 11:39:47 PM »
Interesting you should mention that... This morning when I was telling my wife about enjoying Bin Laden sons death she was telling me I sounded like a terrorist or something. I don't know why she would say that, but she explained that if people heard me talking like that they would think I was a radical. I told her I am speaking truth and I fear no man. But I know what you are saying here....
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 12:27:32 AM »
I don't know your wife... in general though, I think Jews and Christians alike are far too PC and concerned about public opinion (albeit there are some things that will never be allowable in public, and that we better keep our mouths shut about for fear for our jobs, safety, maintaining friendships, etc.)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »
First of all, Yochai, there is no such thing as a "Palestinian". We all know that.

Now, on the issue of the Rav, you have to once again remember what the laws and political realities are like. He was banned and blacklisted in Israel--with the support (at the time) of most of the nation--for merely saying that the Arabs should leave.

You make a mistake by saying that the criminals in Likud and the rest of the govt who engineered this had support of most of the nation.   The nation was never asked its opinion on their illegal unilateral govt excision of a popular political party.  Estimates showed that Kahane was due to receive 12 seats in the upcoming election, which would have been the third largest party in knesset.   That is hardly indicative of most of a country wanting his party banned.   And not to mention many more were rightwing voting for other parties, so he may not have been their first choice (if they voted Likud, for instance), but they would not have wanted him banned.     You often condemn the entire country of Israel but it is not truthful to do that when an elite oligarchy is in charge and no one really has the power to stop them.   

When Bibi pushed Feiglin down about 20 seats on the Likud list, I think it is fair to say that most (the vast majority) of Likud members did not want this, but there was nothing they could do about it.