Author Topic: What is the proper punishment for Gershon Baskin?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline shmujew

• Junior JTFer
What is the proper punishment for Gershon Baskin?
« on: July 22, 2009, 02:22:20 PM »
Gershon Baskin the Lover of Arabs and Harter of Jews and unfortunate Writer in Jpost I feel should be drawn and quartered , I think only this kind of medeival torture is proper given the damage he does on a daily basis to the jewish people...for examples of his writing please see http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1246443861865&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

He is a disgutsting filthy barbaric animal loving baby killer and drawing and quatering would be a good object lesson for people in the future with this kind of self hating psychosis

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What is the proper punishment for Gershon Baskin?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »
I am against harming a person just for the opinion he expresses, however evil they might be. But if this person, for example, goes to interview a quranimal and finds himself captured, tortured and slain by his hosts, then I will not feel sorry for him, maybe just a little bit.

I think this form of torture-execution is un-Jewish and inhumane. Even for a quranimal terrorist I would not prescribe this method. Just think of the harm it does to the society itself when it can justify this type of cruelty.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 11:53:57 PM »
I am against harming a person just for the opinion he expresses, however evil they might be. But if this person, for example, goes to interview a quranimal and finds himself captured, tortured and slain by his hosts, then I will not feel sorry for him, maybe just a little bit.

I think this form of torture-execution is un-Jewish and inhumane. Even for a quranimal terrorist I would not prescribe this method. Just think of the harm it does to the society itself when it can justify this type of cruelty.

Hi Zelhar, there is no way the quranimals would ever show mercy of any type, not even to their own people and history shows they use their children as LIVE WEAPONS. Quranimals have been programmed for more than 1,500 years to kill.
If we do not kill our enemy, trust me, they will kill us. I prefer to kill them first. You cannot reason with these evil animals, you put them down for the sake of survival. In WW2 our guys killed the nazis and anyone that got in their way. WW3 will be no different.
Israel has survived for 6 thousand years not by being nice, but by destroying their enemies.

Shalom & G-d Bless

Dox

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 12:48:28 AM »
This pig is probably getting his checks signed by CAIR.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 12:50:10 AM »

Hi Zelhar, there is no way the quranimals would ever show mercy of any type, not even to their own people and history shows they use their children as LIVE WEAPONS. Quranimals have been programmed for more than 1,500 years to kill.
If we do not kill our enemy, trust me, they will kill us. I prefer to kill them first. You cannot reason with these evil animals, you put them down for the sake of survival. In WW2 our guys killed the nazis and anyone that got in their way. WW3 will be no different.
Israel has survived for 6 thousand years not by being nice, but by destroying their enemies.

Shalom & G-d Bless

Dox

Well, there is the Jewish principle of not disrespecting the human body. This command is derived from the Torah which says not to leave a body hanging overnight. This would prevent gross and public executions such as drawing and quartering. I don't think Zelhar is saying that we should not hate and fight against our enemies. But it is also a Jewish belief that we should not be cruel to the enemy just because they are cruel to us. We don't emulate the ways of the evil nations. This is why it is abhorent what Rome did with gladiators. Some would say that they could have been executed, but they made them play out vile scenes of murder in front of the crowds. The Jews always reviled this and there is a Gemarah which explains that some Rabbis would attend the Coliseum just so they could give THUMB UP for the Jewish convicts.

Also the Jews have survived because of Hashem, not because we have been mighty and strong. Look at the 6000 years of history... How many years did we inhabit our land? Out of that 6000 years we have been in the land only 1000 {including one exile to Babylon for 70 years}. All those other years the Jewish people have been persecuted and murdered by the nations, especially in Europe where Inquisitions, Crusades, and Pogroms were perpetrated against us.

We just started the month of Av, the saddest of all Jewish months. This next week we commemorate the destruction, the korban, of our second Holy Temple by the cursed Romans. Our history is not a long story of military strength... Only with Hashem have the Jewish people persevered.  We cannot say that our strength is from our own hands...

This being said, we must be strong against the enemy... Personally I have a lot of hatred for Islam and all Amalekites. Because of my personal involvement in this struggle I ask for forgiveness for my desire to see my enemies suffer.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/destruction_of_the_temple/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:01:35 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 12:54:18 AM »
http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/destruction_of_the_temple/

HISTORY AS DESTINY
The destruction of the Second Temple is one of the most important events in the history of the Jewish people, and certainly one of the most depressing.

It is a sign that God has withdrawn from (though certainly not abandoned) the Jews. Although the Jews will survive—in accordance with the promise that they will be an “eternal nation” - the special relationship with God they enjoyed while the Temple stood is gone.

Sadly, this period of time, perhaps more than any other reflects the maxim that Jewish past is Jewish future, that Jewish history is Jewish destiny.

There’s no period of time that more closely reflects what is going on today in Israel and among the Jewish people worldwide. We are still living in the consequences of the destruction of the Second Temple, spiritually and physically. And the same problems we had then are the same problems we have now.

States the Talmud (, 9b): “Why was the Second Temple destroyed? Because of sinat chinam, senseless hatred of one Jew for another.”

What is the antidote to this problem which is so rampant in the Jewish world today? The answer is ahavat chinam, the Jews have to learn to love their fellow Jews.

There’s no hope for the Jewish people until all learn how to communicate with each other, and respect each other, regardless of differences.

God has no patience for Jews fighting each other. It’s extremely important to study this period of time carefully because there are many valuable lessons that we can learn about the pitfalls that need to be avoided.

“JUDEA CAPTURED” Before setting fire to the Temple, the Romans removed anything of value. Then they harnessed a group of Jewish slaves to take these priceless artifacts to Rome. Their arrival in Rome is memorialized in engravings of the Arch of Titus, still standing there today near the Forum which depicts the Triumph or victory parade held by victorious legions to celebrate their victory and display the spoils of war.

It was the tradition in the Roman Jewish community that Jews would never walk under that arch. On the night of May 14, 1948, when Israel was declared a state, the Jews of Rome had a triumphant parade and marched under the arch. Their message: “Rome is gone, we’re still around. Victory is ours.”

But at the time it was a horrible disaster. Hundreds of thousands of people died, many more were enslaved. There were so many Jews flooding the slave market after the Great Revolt that you could buy a Jewish slave for less than the price of a horse. Israel was in despair.(3)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 01:17:38 AM »
Shalom Muman, firstly I do agree with you and Zelhar that we should not torture our enemy when we kill them. Torturing people is the specialty of the islamic monsters. I misunderstood Zelhars quote ( forgive me Zelhar ) anyway killing our enemies should be done swiftly.
That much I do agree with. But how do you kill your enemy in self defense without causing some degree of pain?
When Gog and magog happens and it will, there will be suffering on both sides but I don't think hashem will punish us if our enemy dies a painful death. Some may die in an instant while others may not die so easily.

Zelhar, again I am sorry for misunderstanding your quote. Sometimes I read too fast and come to the wrong conclusion of what one is meaning.

Shalom and may G-d Bless you both.

Dox

P.S.  Muman, Hashem loves you so much, so you have nothing to worry about regarding your ill thoughts about our enemies.
G-d understands you totally and he forgives you.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 01:50:59 AM »
Unfortunately, I have not had the time to respond to some of the un-Jewish nonsense that is written here in the name of the Torah.

To have any mercy on the merciless is a terrible sin in Judaism. G-d refused to forgive King Saul after he displayed mercy toward the king of the Amalekites. King Saul was condemned by G-d to be dethroned and to pay with his life for this terrible crime of not immediately killing the captured Amalekite king.

Self-hating Jewish traitors who support our enemies must also be treated without any mercy whatsoever. We pray for their violent death three times a day. While we must love ignorant Jews who are mistaken and don't know any better, a Jew who deliberately crosses the line of treason and joins our enemies is to be hated as much as the worst Gentile anti-Semite.

What happens when we listen to "politically correct" rabbis who dilute authentic Judaism with un-Jewish Westernized concepts? The real rabbis of the Talmud (Chazal) warn us about such behavior:

"He who is merciful to the cruel is destined to be cruel to the merciful" (Midrash Rabbah on Kohelet 7.)

These same "politically correct" Jews, including some rabbis, who preach love love love all the time, are very cruel to the people who deserve their support. Do these rabbis speak out when the Kahanists are persecuted? Do they defend the hilltop Jewish heroes? Do they give any of the many millions of dollars that they raise to the families of Jews who are in Israeli prisons because they defended the Jewish people against the Arab Nazis? Do they help and support Yigal Amir, Ami Popper, Noam Federman and dozens of other Jewish heroes who make the ultimate sacrifices to protect Jews? I know as a fact that these "politically correct" Jews do not help these Jewish heroes. Usually, they condemn the Jewish heroes and join in the evil lynch mob against them.

As far as being kind to Jewish traitors, whom we are commanded to kill, is stoning them to death kind or cruel? Because the Torah orders stoning evil beasts to death for certain offenses.

How about choking someone to death? Yes, the Torah she-beal peh (oral Torah) orders us to do that as well.

For anyone to claim in the name of Judaism that we must be merciful in any manner to outright traitors - this is a complete distortion of Judaism.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:58:15 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 02:07:14 AM »
Chaim,

I do not mean to oppose you on this but again, it is not written that we should enjoy punishing the guilty. The enjoyment part is the issue... Certainly this does not oppose the command to not show mercy to the merciless. The issue is whether it is to be done with enjoyment. When people enjoy cruelty it breeds more cruelty.

As I said before there is no question that those who are wicked must be removed from our midst. But there is also a principle that we should not glorify or rejoice in our enemies downfall. I do not seek this fight but am drawn into it because I see the enemy as clearly as I can. I will enjoy seeing the enemy defeated but it is not where the true joy is. My understanding is that the true joy, the simcha, comes from seeing the will of Hashem fulfilled. I will do what I can to make his will my will, and to assist any Jew to make aliyah to Israel.

I understand what you are saying but still believe that Jews have a positive outlook on life, and all of Hashems creation. It is up to every human being to decide to do the right thing, or to do the wrong thing. Once you decide to be on the side of evil or happen to be where evil is taking place, then you are subject to losing life, liberty, and everything.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Do not accuse me of suggesting mercy for evil. This is not what I intend.

Avos 4:19. Samuel the Small would say: "When your enemy falls, do not rejoice; when he stumbles, let your heart not be gladdened. Lest G-d see, and it will displeasing in His eyes, and He will turn His wrath from him [to you]" (Proverbs 24:17-18).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:12:56 AM by muman613 »

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 02:15:27 AM »
I don't know about what Judaism says about torture, I would not have an iota of problem with torturing evil enemies of our people who have blood on their hands. Moreover, I would welcome tortures that exceeds in cruelty the worst what was done to us. Remember Ramalla lynching - the body parts that had to be gathered in bags?! Remember murdered by Kuntar Haran family? I was literally weeping and crying when I read about this tragedy. Remember tortured bodies of two Israeli soldiers or the football with the head of a 18y.o. Israeli tanker? I would cut these murderers to pieces, slowly, by small bites, I would suck out their eye balls, take the skin of them with hot pincers and pour lead down their nostrils and eye sockets.  I swear I would. As an amateur student of history I know that Crusaders were so diabolically cruel, that muslimes were at awe, demoralized and terrified. Read about some Crusader practices - you will be surprised.  The only way for these animals to get a message is to get medieval - nothing else get through to them. And don't tell me that Crusaders' cruelty was their downfall - it wasn't. If anything, we should learn from arabs how to control their natural tendencies - I wasn't surprised one bit when I read about Saddam's human meat grinder - there was never a civil unrest in Iraq while he was in power.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:24:30 AM by Manch »
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »
I don't know about what Judaism says about torture, I would not have an iota of problem with torturing evil enemies of our people who have blood on their hands. Moreover, I would welcome tortures that exceeds in cruelty the worst what was done to us. Remember Ramalla lyniching - the body parts that had to be gathered in bags?! Remember murdered by Kuntar Haran family? I was crying when I read about it. Remember tortured bodies of two Israeli soldiers or the football with the head of an Israeli tanker? I would cut these murderers to pieces, slowly, by small bites, I would suck out their eye balls, take the skin of them with hot pincers and pour lead down their nostrils and eye sockets.  I swear I would. As an amateur student of history I know that Crusaders were so diabolically cruel, that muslimes were at awe, demoralized and terrified. Read about some Crusader practices - you will be surprised.  The only way for these animals to get a message is to get medieval - nothing else get through to them.

And the crusaders did some of those terrifying tortures on many Jews... And they also tortured many Jews during the Inquisition.

This doesn't justify doing this to the enemy. They should be killed swiftly and mercifully.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 02:23:31 AM »
And the crusaders did some of those terrifying tortures on many Jews... And they also tortured many Jews during the Inquisition.

This doesn't justify doing this to the enemy. They should be killed swiftly and mercifully.
The only language that Nazi monsters understand is more brutality than they themselves inflict. It has nothing to do with "enjoying" it. It's simple fact.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 02:26:27 AM »
If only it were that easy. I don't think that the problem will go away simply if we are more brutal and cruel to the enemy. If this is so why are they still bothering us? According to your understanding of the Crusades they should have disappeared centuries ago.

I think there is something more to it than just how vicious we are.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 02:30:06 AM »

Muman, are you missing my point completely?! What are you talking about? Was I making an excuse for Crusaders?
Secondly, why mercifully? Why swiftly? Why? What have they done to deserve a mercy? Read about Haran's tragedy and if your blood doesn't boil, if you not crying at the horrors of what this innocent 4 y.o. beautiful Jewish girl went through in her last hours, if you don't want to take revenge - not Mercy, then you don't get what it is to love a fellow human being. Crusaders deserve a separate topic - this issue is just to complex to mash it in here. But trust me, they were not defeated because of their viciousness - there were many more factors.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 02:39:50 AM »
Chaim,

I do not mean to oppose you on this but again, it is not written that we should enjoy punishing the guilty. The enjoyment part is the issue... Certainly this does not oppose the command to not show mercy to the merciless. The issue is whether it is to be done with enjoyment. When people enjoy cruelty it breeds more cruelty.

As I said before there is no question that those who are wicked must be removed from our midst. But there is also a principle that we should not glorify or rejoice in our enemies downfall. I do not seek this fight but am drawn into it because I see the enemy as clearly as I can. I will enjoy seeing the enemy defeated but it is not where the true joy is. My understanding is that the true joy, the simcha, comes from seeing the will of Hashem fulfilled. I will do what I can to make his will my will, and to assist any Jew to make aliyah to Israel.

I understand what you are saying but still believe that Jews have a positive outlook on life, and all of Hashems creation. It is up to every human being to decide to do the right thing, or to do the wrong thing. Once you decide to be on the side of evil or happen to be where evil is taking place, then you are subject to losing life, liberty, and everything.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Do not accuse me of suggesting mercy for evil. This is not what I intend.

Avos 4:19. Samuel the Small would say: "When your enemy falls, do not rejoice; when he stumbles, let your heart not be gladdened. Lest G-d see, and it will displeasing in His eyes, and He will turn His wrath from him [to you]" (Proverbs 24:17-18).

We are not supposed to enjoy the destruction of our enemies?

When G-d violently drowned the entire Egyptian army in the Red Sea, what did Miriam and the all of the daughters of Israel do? Miriam, the sister of Moses and a great prophetess, led the daughters of Israel in a joyous song of celebration. That song from our Torah is also an integral part of our prayers. We sing joyously to this day about how every last Egyptian soldier was violently drowned. Not only were Miriam and the daughters euphoric about this event, we are commanded to joyously recall it in our prayers thousands of years later.

The entire holiday of Purim is a celebration of the violent death of Haman, his sons and over 70,000 of his supporters. Every time we recall their destruction on Purim, we are commanded to loudly rejoice. We also teach our children to be happy about this mass destruction of our enemies. Children must also loudly rejoice.

The quote you brought does not refer to mortal enemies of the Jewish people. When mortal enemies of the Jewish people are destroyed or harmed, we are supposed to celebrate and be joyful. Unless you want to eliminate Pesach and Purim.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 02:43:32 AM »
Chaim,

When G-d violently drowned the entire Egyptian army in the Red Sea, what did Miriam and the all of the daughters of Israel do? Miriam, the sister of Moses and a great prophetess, led the daughters of Israel in a joyous song of celebration. That song from our Torah is also an integral part of our prayers. We sing joyously to this day about how every last Egyptian soldier was violently drowned. Not only were Miriam and the daughters euphoric about this event, we are commanded to joyously recall it in our prayers thousands of years later.

The entire holiday of Purim is a celebration of the violent death of Haman, his sons and over 70,000 of his supporters. Every time we recall their destruction on Purim, we are commanded to loudly rejoice. We also teach our children to be happy about this mass destruction of our enemies. Children must also loudly rejoice.

The quote you brought does not refer to mortal enemies of the Jewish people. When mortal enemies of the Jewish people are destroyed or harmed, we are supposed to celebrate and be joyful. Unless you want to eliminate Pesach and Purim.

No sir. I certainly agree that there are times we are supposed to rejoice in the salvation of Hashem in helping us defeat our mortal enemies. I have no issue with this. And yes, Purim and Pesach are both times we look at our enemies and rejoice.

I understand your point and there is no argument. My point is that there are mortal enemies {like Amalek and Essau and Ishmael} and then there are more mundane enemies whom we should not be so cruel with.

Thank you so much for explaining this.

:)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 02:47:13 AM »
Muman, what you are writing does not represent Judaism.

Samuel the prophet took his sword out and cut the king of the Amalekites to pieces. That is proper Jewish behavior.

Judaism also commands stoning to death and choking to death and other forms of execution that the "politically correct" Jews would not approve of.

You write that those who tortured Jews to death in the crusades should be killed "swiftly and mercifully". Once again, you are showing mercy to the cruel. That is not the Jewish way.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 02:53:35 AM »
By the way, in some cases Jews do kill their enemies swiftly but not because of mercy: we believe that Hashem will punish them far more severely than we can in the next world. So we hand them over to Hashem as quickly as possible so that they can receive their punishment.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 03:13:03 AM »

Samuel the prophet took his sword out and cut the king of the Amalekites to pieces. That is proper Jewish behavior.

Judaism also commands stoning to death and choking to death and other forms of execution that the "politically correct" Jews would not approve of.

You write that those who tortured Jews to death in the crusades should be killed "swiftly and mercifully". Once again, you are showing mercy to the cruel. That is not the Jewish way.

Chaim, I have not contradicted anything concerning Amalek. I have frequently pointed out {in many previous postings} that we must erase the memory and the entity of Amalek. I do not show mercy on Amalek. I am sorry that is what you think I am saying.

What I said is that we should not enjoy being the ones to inflict the punishment of heaven. You have gotten me thinking about the song of the sea, and it is the source of our desire to see evil defeated.

I am for capital punishment also. But the point of the punishment was not to take pleasure in execution, this is one reason it is written that there was only one execution every 70 years or else it reflected badly on the court. This aside I don't believe I have contradicted any of the commandments in what I have written.

I was also not implying that the Inquisitors or Crusaders should be dealt with mercy. It appears that is what I was saying because the comment was added to a posting which discussed those evils. Obviously I am a zealous Jew who would love to see my enemy run though. Actually I think I originally talked about drawing and quartering someone last week and I find it ironic someone suggested that in this thread. But I also am battling a yetzer hara which has a tendency toward anger. I have learned that anger is a difficult character trait and it is best to keep anger under control.

I am not arguing with you. I am clarifying that what I am saying is in line with Torah because it seems I may have been misunderstood. There are two issues here... Should we enjoy being cruel to our enemy? I don't think it is the case. Our enemies are put here to see if we can rise to the occasion and fight for what Hashem wants. Sometimes it involves being cruel. This is one of the lessons of Avraham Avinu and the command to throw Ishmael and Hagar out of the house even though Avraham did love Ishmael. And he also had to be able to use his cruelty in order to sacrifice Yitzack. So there is definately occasion to be cruel... But I don't think Hashem, who we are taught created the world for kindness, expects us to be cruel with every sinner. This is what I talk about that there are mortal enemies, or Rodef {pursuer} of Jewish people and then there are those who are not as careful with mitzvahs as we are, and we can tend to hate them too. I have seen people do teshuva {and I myself have}.

Thank you

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 06:15:00 AM »

"Politically correct" Jews' opinion is irrelevant. Their worldview is distorted, they call good evil and evil good, who they are to teach us something?

But I must say that Judaism's 4 capital punishments are merciful. Of cosurse, there is nothing pleasant in them but they have nothing to do with torture, as some may think.

Sanhedrin tractate of Talmud describes how the capital punishments are performed in chapters 6 and 7. Stoning to death is not about throwing stones at person until he/she slowly dies from pain or loss of blood. First of all the criminal is pushed from high building to hard rock ground and the most of chances that it will result in immediate death. And then heavy big stone is laid upon him, so if he's still alive he'll die immediately.

The same way buring to death is not to set fire on the person so he/she will die gradually in pain. The criminal's mouth is opened and cast burning lead is spilled into it, so it immediately burns out the heart and other crucial organs, which results in immediate death.

These things may seem terrible but in fact they are not more terrible than present-day "enlightened" capital punishments such as shooting or electric chair.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 06:19:00 AM »
I think all leftists Jews should be punished in the most horrendous,and of course qurananimals
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 06:39:48 AM »
Chaim,

But as far as I understand, we are celebrating not the pain and suffering the enemies experience, but the fact that G-d's justice is done. We rejoice that no matter how powerful and terrible our enemies used to be, no matter how hard they tried to impose the notion they are the rulers of the world, they are defeated by the Creator, the only One who is truly Great, Mighty and Awesome.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 07:18:31 AM »
Shalom dox, I often misread texts myself, sometimes with funny results.

As far as I know there are 4 methods of executions used by the Sanhedrin- Stoning, Burning, Strangulating, Swording. They were only practiced  in rare cases and when they do the instruction are to make the death quick like.

The responsibility of punishing the enemy is mainly the responsibility of the King, or the civilian authority, which is why King Samuel was responsible for executing the Amalekite without tying him in a religious court. I also notice that Shmuel informs Agag  why he deserve death and then slay him. He doesn't take time to slowly extract the life out of him.

The reason I object for cruel methods of executions, is because I don't want members of our society to carry out or witness such actions. The harmful effect of such act would last long after the offender's demise. This doesn't constitute being kind to the cruel, but being kind to the kind.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »

Sanhedrin tractate of Talmud describes how the capital punishments are performed in chapters 6 and 7. Stoning to death is not about throwing stones at person until he/she slowly dies from pain or loss of blood. First of all the criminal is pushed from high building to hard rock ground and the most of chances that it will result in immediate death. And then heavy big stone is laid upon him, so if he's still alive he'll die immediately.

The same way burning to death is not to set fire on the person so he/she will die gradually in pain. The criminal's mouth is opened and cast burning lead is spilled into it, so it immediately burns out the heart and other crucial organs, which results in immediate death.

Thanks Spectator, this was very interesting. I did not know that. Can you please provide a source for this knowledge?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »

The same way burning to death is not to set fire on the person so he/she will die gradually in pain. The criminal's mouth is opened and cast burning lead is spilled into it, so it immediately burns out the heart and other crucial organs, which results in immediate death.

Thanks Spectator, this was very interesting. I did not know that. Can you please provide a source for this knowledge?

This is discussed in Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, chapters 6 and 7. Unfortunately, I don't have a direct link to these chapters translated to English, but you can try to search them on Internet. Better still, you can go to an Orthodox synagogue and ask a rabbi to confirm it and to show you the exact source in Talmud.