Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV video game allows killing of Jews (Video)  (Read 35276 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV video game allows killing of Jews (Video)
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »
Shalom,

While it is true that parents are ultimately responsible for the deeds of their children, our own Mrs Sarah Palin is a prime example of the limitations of this. Society IS responsible for the youth. This is a TORAH concept. Our Society should be designed as a safe place for the children to grow. We shouldnt have to protect them from bad things. A Torah society would not allow any of this drek to be pedaled to the youth. Because we are so lost in the haze of our own sin it is hard to know what is the correct course at this time.

I grew up with all the drek and I look at the reasons which I deviated from the path which was laid out for me. I had to go off the path, a long far and hard way, before I did my teshuva. Do I blame society? No, I blame myself. But if it were not for the society telling me that taking drugs and losing myself was cool, I dont know if I would have gone that route. Believe me, my life was laid out for me, from growing up, to going to college, etc. But I rebelled against my parents. I dont know if it is because of the society, but I know it didn't help.

I was born in the 60s and somehow the 60s became the Age of Enlightenment. Now I cant turn on TV without seeing the media glorifying the drug-taking, free-sex of the 60s. I am sick of it and turn it off because the 60s are not all it is cracked up to be.

I cant wait till we return to the ways of righteousness and faith in Hashem. May it come soon!

muman613

Muman,

You are very right on all accounts.  People do NEED to know that with freedoms come responsibility, which people dont care about anymore at all.  Yes, the new VP is a prime example.  Everything is 'ok' now, I am lost here, like in space, or a time machine, I dont really 'get' any of this.  Recently I have stood for this very thing, and got landblasted and sabotaged so terribly, I just sunk into a couple day depression, because the attack came from people that I 'thought' were in the right & "FRIENDS" evident now, they are not. 
  Things were just not accepted when we were kids, and they shouldnt be now, we were not confined, nor 'un-free' we were actually MORE free than now.  Now if you talk about RIGHTEOUS things, you will have hell to pay.  But if you are for 'wrong' everything is good, and you are swell.  If you stand for the right, they call you 'self-righteous' when you know you are really not that way. I am lately mixed up and very confused over all of this, since everything we have heard taught by David & Chaim, was always morally strong and correct, it is almost as if everything they said, Gone with the wind. I dont know about everyone else, but I CANNOT just 'give in' to all of this, it is flat out against EVERYTHING I believe. Oh also, my mother and grandmother were so danged strict that it was never an option to rebel.

BTW: These videos are ABOMINABLE, I read all about this a few mos back.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 07:03:14 PM »
I believe it is a sad fact that in our system freedom means freedom to do anything we want. When we study Freedom during Passover we learn that Freedom comes with responsibilities.

muman613

Yes, but American citizens need to have the responsible judgement to not purchase these violent video games.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 03:06:01 PM »
I own GTA4 and it's true that there are Jews in the game. But I don't think that game is antisemitic. There are no missions to "kill" Jews. I specially like the map (Liberty City/ {New York City}) and its graphic. You can do more than in GTA San Andreas.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
I own GTA4 and it's true that there are Jews in the game. But I don't think that game is antisemitic. There are no missions to "kill" Jews. I specially like the map (Liberty City/ {New York City}) and its graphic. You can do more than in GTA San Andreas.

Do more what? Crime?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Yisrael

• Full JTFer
  • we are all the same
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »
Ummm You do see Muslims. You HAVE to kill Albanians in one mission!

So don't feel like the Jews are being singled out.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »

Do more what? Crime?

It's more realistic. You can pick up stones and so on. Of course it is an "criminal" game but I think it's more tactic and a kind of "second life".

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »

Do more what? Crime?

It's more realistic. You can pick up stones and so on. Of course it is an "criminal" game but I think it's more tactic and a kind of "second life".
I only play one video game every night... It is called Nexuiz and it is a First Person Shooter type game in the mold of Quake III. The only 'crime' involved involves shooting opponents to death with a variety of modern weapons including Rocket Launchers, Machine Guns, laser guns, and others... I look at it as target practice which improves my hand-2-eye co-ordination... But I don't like games where you must engage in crime like prostitution, theft, or murder... According to Jewish belief it is wrong to think about crime, because it will lead to commiting crime. I think this is one reason so many young people today feel no shame cheating, stealing cds and dvds, and even posting immodest photos of themselves on facebook.

http://www.alientrap.org/nexuiz/

http://www.neveh.org/ciner/parsha58/shoftim.html

http://www.torah.org/learning/olas-shabbos/5762/tzav.html
Thus, he explains, it is specifically with regard to the Olah offering that "learning its laws is as good as bringing one." Since the purpose of the Olah was to atone for impure thoughts, it is befitting that purifying one's thoughts through Torah study should stand in its stead. But for a korban whose purpose was to atone for having actually transgressed a specific sin, perhaps studying and "thinking" about it's laws is not enough. In other words: For sins of thought, it is enough to repent in one's mind. For sins of deed, one must go further...

The whole idea of a thought-sin seems almost foreign to one living in Western society. After all, what I think is no one's business but my own. We acknowledge that it is wrong to sin: The challenge of being human is to overcome one's desires and do what's right, even if we'd prefer otherwise. But thinking about sin? As long as I don't follow through, no harm done. No?

"Do not stray after your thoughts, and after your eyes..." (Bamidbar/Numbers 15:39) While present day's free-to-be attitude dictates that it's okay to think about, and talk about, and joke about sin as much as we want, as long as we know our limitations, the Torah sees things differently. "The eyes and the heart," say our Sages, "are the two 'agents' of sin: The eyes see, and the heart desires, until one ultimately goes ahead and sins. (Rashi, ibid.)"

In fact, talking about sin, and thinking about sinning, is just a devious form of acclimatization to sin. Once we've toyed with the idea long enough, and we've spoken about it with others, even in jest, it no longer seems as foreign as it once might have to take the next step - to go ahead and do it.

I will not go into details, but if you give the matter some thought, you will see that society has gone one step further. They have taken the most evil and immoral sins, and created a lexicon whereby sin no longer sounds so bad at all. Using a subtle turn-of-phrase, one can easily avoid "calling a spade a spade." Call a pig "Artiodactlya suiformes suidae sus scrofa" (it's scientific name), and it just doesn't sound like a pig anymore.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:31:55 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14