Author Topic: Backlash on Imus' comments  (Read 25308 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Backlash on Imus' comments
« on: April 09, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »
Have anyone heard of the backlash on "Shock Jock" Don Imus.  Last week he made a statement about how "tough" the Rutgers women's basketball team looks.  They have tatoos and look like "jailhouse ho's".  Not at any time he used the n-word or any other racial term to describe the team.  Everyone from Al Sharpton to the NAACP want the radio station, WFAN to fire him.  It's a discrace.  If he bashed a white basketball team, no one will complain about it.  But, since the Rutgers Women's team have all blacks on it, and a hispanic basketball coach, he can't give his views on what he thinks the team looks like.  It's a joke.  I listen to Imus everyday.  I don't pay much attention on what he says all the time.  There are things that I don't like on his show, but I don't protest his show because of it.  I just don't listen the next day.  That's the best kind of protest of any radio show.  I would like to hear Chaim's views on this topic.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Backlash on Imus' comments
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:46:44 AM »
I like Imus he makes comments mocking all ethnic groups ,but he does'nt mean it.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
Of course, he doesn't mean it.  It's a disgrace that he has to go on Al Sharpton's radio show today. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
Thats true
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
I had the misfortune of walking around Times Square last night for a few blocks. If it were possible for the authorities to read my mind[and maybe even post the images on one of those humongous Time Square video screens :D] I would have been charged with so many hate crimes they would have put me under the jail. The destruction my mind was raining down on that hole full of feces....ummf! My son went into a clothing store and my wife and I waited across the street because the store was wall to wall people and the sidewalk in front of the store was also jammed with traffic. Within minutes my son came running out, a bunch of [censored] tried to start a fight with him!     

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »
I'm sorry Adam, but what does that have to do with the Imus story?

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:20:05 PM »
Of course, he doesn't mean it.  It's a disgrace that he has to go on Al Sharpton's radio show today. 

Not surprising that Sharpton still demanded his resignation. 

Imus had previously mentioned that he makes fun of all types of people. 

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »
According to Sharpton you can make fun of everbody except blacks.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 10:08:52 PM »
Imus forgot that if you work in a public forum and insult black people in any way your life is essentially over.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Nonny

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »
Quote from: thunderbolt
Imus forgot that if you work in a public forum and insult black people in any way your life is essentially over.

Except for Chaim!

The Tzemach Tzedek (third Lubavitcher Rebbe) wrote that in the Messianic Age the Bnei Cham (ie the black peoples) will not exist!

I can yet see Oprah Winfrey, Al Sharpton, Condie Rice, OJ Simpson, Diana Ross, Jesse Jackson, Michael Jackson etc etc yet being re-enslaved and put behind a plough.

The best blessing for the black man is when he is labouring for the Bnei Shem and Bnei Yefes, as the Torah states.

"A bullet sort out Abraham Lincoln because he 'liberated' the blacks too soon!" (Rabbi Avigdor Miller)!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:17:20 PM by Nonny »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 12:29:26 AM »
Imus should have charged into The Reverend Al's studio with bullwhip in hand, and bullwhipped that schwartze until he got down on the ground and grunted like a pig; all live and on the air on that boogey's radio show!

Allen-T

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 06:19:40 AM »
I'm sorry Adam, but what does that have to do with the Imus story?

If you meant Allen, it has to do with the fact that Times Square is often crawling with [censored], the worst sort, which can easily provoke normal,rational, law abiding people to think and potentially say things like Imus said which would be accurate and truthful and yet could get one in alot of trouble the way things are and are going. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 06:52:15 AM »
I can't say I have ever listened to Imus however from time to time I will be somewhere where he is on the radio. Honestly the man seems to be suffering from some form of arrested  development. His adolescent views on issues is nauseating when spouted by someone of his age. Cavorting with every form of evil animal on his shows just to maintain a following is the impression I get of him. Now the very animals he cavorted with and cajoled want his head on a platter. I always say you cant befriend black folks because the day will come and you say the slightest thing that they perceive as wrong and the fangs come out. This is whats happening here. In all fairness I have fond memories of Imus when I was a kid I would listened to him when he was a DJ on 77am or maybe it was 66Am and  he was great. He would do a skit on the show about a southern preacher called Billy Saul Harkess or some such thing that was a riot. He does a lot of good on the Ranch he runs for kids I am told. People should know when the day is done and retire gracefully when still at the higher points in their game and not wait to go down like this. In my opinion this is something he will not recover from.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:10 AM »
This shows how far whites have sunk to. Al sharpton, the bwana tawana brawley hoax ringleader, has no formal education, no morals, was seen on tv talking to coke dealers and now he is the moral compass of America. Give me a break, I can remember when has would be on the air with gary byrd on wlib radio, calling whites crackers, anti semitic statements, remember crown heights. Don't forget that we have the other mail order rev, hymie town spitter ho monger. I just saw him on with meredith viera sawing how bad women are treated and that he is coming to their defense. He should stop knocking them up. It is also believed that he had a bastard with aretha franklin, that is why you never see any of her kids, cause they all look like jesse. I don't know who I hate more, teleprompter readers like matt laurer or the blacks that they pander to. They must both go.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »
He's still finding ways to grovel before the guy that caused freddys clothing store to burn down

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 01:09:05 PM »
Don Imus should be relieved of his position on Federal Radio. If he wants, he can just take his act to Sirius or XM. Although I think the damage is overwhelming and nobody would want to touch him after this incident. In this overly PC-environment if you say anything offensive about blacks your career is finished (as thunderbolt correctly stated). I understand that it was only humor, but it was inappropriate for that medium.

With that said, to grovel before a racist demagogue such as the so-called "Reverend" Al Sharpton is disgusting. I don't know who would be up to this, but I would like to emasculate Sharpton politically and expose him as a hypocrite, a fraud and a racist. He wants Imus fired. I want him fired from his syndicated radio show, and then preferably fired at repeatedly.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »
Imus should not have been fired.  With all the remarks he has made over the years, he gets in trouble with a non-racial remarks about a female basketball team.  He also made fun of the late Cardinal O'Conner and no one made a stink about that.  He also has played a song on his radio show called "They don't make Jews like Jesus anymore".  I don't hear Chaim make a stink about that.  Where are the outrage for those other bits on his show?  What are your views?

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 07:31:29 PM »
I'll tell you one thing. People are blowing this way out of proportion. Blacks have tightly curled woolly hair. The use of the word nappy is not non-racial. I understand his humor. Inappropriate, but I understand it. I think his two-week suspension is appropriate. I think his attempt to reach out to the team and talk with them is appropriate. I'm glad they reciprocated. I think that being a wimp and kissing Sharpton's nasty rear-end is certainly NOT appropriate.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 09:00:02 PM »
That is the cartoon on Page Six of today's New York Post.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »
   My complaint against Imus is that his sucking up to Al Sharpton who should be removed from his positions because of all the racist things he has said and done. Inciting riots is a lot worse than using free speech to say something offensive. What he said was stupid and inappropiate. I would understand if he was genuinly sorry and wanted to offer the basketball team a real apology for something stupid that he said, but the way he is handling this is setting a precedent against all white people in the media. Now you can't even say something that might have a remotely bigotted tone to it but you can't insult someone who happens to be black.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »
Imus is what they call in South Park a nigaguy.  And Al Sharpton is not the emperor of all black people!! haahahahah

1. Ok...Imus is an idiot, so I couldnt' care less about anythign he does.
2. Imus is a comedian..so chill pill everyone...he's joking when you talks trash...so screw everyone else that gets offended.
3. Women's sports is boring..except for tennis..at least the women are hot...Like Sharpova...woooooo woooo!!
4. When Al Sharpton just as much breathes, I get offended..he should be buried in dog poo! oh wait, he does that everyday to stay clean.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

NoahideGentile

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »
I remember Imus. Such a man who gave to charitys, and did the work of g--d has then fallen to the pits of hell from accepting tempation from the one that you call satan, adversary, opposition, demonic, demons, demonians, the devil, devils, etc....

Why do I say this? it is not for these comments, in fact these comments are doing g--d's work by exposing the work of HAM'S CHILDREN THE NEGROOOS. Imus fell when he chose to strike the G--d almighty in the heart when he attacked a child of the jews, called Howard Stern. There cannot be ONE NOAHIDE CHRISTIAN WHO ATTACKS A PERSON OF the Holy, Righteous, ISraelite, israeli, divine JEWISH Faith. I'm sorry but the NOAHIDE LAWS Teach to RESPECT your forefathers. NOT TO INSULT THEM.

I DO NOT CARE HOW BAD A JEW IS, IF YOU ATTACK THEM YOU ARE NOT A NOAHIDE, PERIOD. I NEVER ATTACKED A Righteous, holy, divine Israelite (aka person of the jewish faith and blood of Abraham) IN MY LIFE!!!!! And the righteous, holy, divine israelites (aka person of the jewish faith and blood of Abraham) have NEVER EVER EVER attacked a Noahidic man such as myself. I gone to many jewish chatrooms, and NOT ONE has ever insulted me in the lease.

In the christian goyim chatrooms, however I have had bad experiences. When I preach the Noahide laws and the Noahidic ways, I get called such names as fascist, communist, extremist, bible-thumper, weirdo, not-a-true-christianer, follower of satan, satanist, son of satan, a demon, rapist, the devil, etc...
THESE ARE WORDS I HAVE BEEN CALLED THROUGHOUT MY EXPERIENCE THERE. UNforunately we must wake up to the fact that many unholy, unrighteous, PLO-loving, "Christian" gentiles have yet to be awakend. But no fear should come to your mind, when Jesus (son of g--d BUT NOT THE G--D), returns he shall slaughter these people for what they have done to the jewish people and Noahidic Gentile Goyim Righteous followers.

I MAY SEEM WILD AND EXTREME BUT IT IS NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. take it as you will.

NoahideGentile

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 09:38:04 PM »
I am sorry if I angered the christians. But my friends who I have met who also honour the Noahide laws HAVE HAD NO CONFLICTS WITH ANYONE UNDER THE JEWISH FAITH. They only have had problems with muslims, and buddhist. For greater cooperation between The chosen Israelite Jews (the jews that do not hate themselves) and Gentiles (christias only) will be for us to EMBRACE the Noahide way, ONLY.

I urge nations close to the jews and their "christian" ways to embrace the noahide laws. Infact, RONALD REAGAN urged us to accept them (this is a known fact, google it). Ronald Reagan defeated communism but when he encouraged us to fix our morality we basically told him to go to h-ll, sorry to say.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »
Im a loyal Howard Stern listener, its a sin to listen to Imus if you are a Stern fan.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »
   I never liked Howard Stern because I was a Q104.3 pure rock fan before they went classic rock. I was then forced to listen to 92.3 for music and they sucked. If any rap noise was done by a white person or had the word "rock" in it, they would play it. I used to call that station KRAP. In the mornings I wanted a normal morning show with a little news, weather and music but the Howard Stern garbage was broadcast instead. I don't know why they couldn't just put him on an AM station.
   Still, it would be interesting to see what his take on the Imus situation is. Sharpton and Jackson wouldn't dear to attack Howard Stern, because he would fight back and tear them to shreds. I didn't see them complain when Howard Stern did black Jeopardy. It was funny to see blacks that were either bums and/or worked in McDonald's competing against each other in a dumbed down game of Jeopardy where all the questions were derogatory about blacks.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?