Author Topic: Jeremiah Wright looks white  (Read 3413 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Jeremiah Wright looks white
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »
I would love to piss on this animals grave... I have not hated a person like I hated Rev Wrong in a long, long time. I hope his 'people' keep him far away from me lest my yetzer hara get the better of me and I do something I may regret...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »
Muman, do you think obama, wright and all the other evil people are influenced by dybbuks? I mean what causes them to be evil like this?

You input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Shalom - Dox

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 09:03:09 PM »
 Wright could pass for an Hispanic, specifically a Puerto Rican or Dominican. But white? I doubt it. He may have white ancestors, which would not be uncommon for black Americans. When slavery was still legal, the slave master would have relations with the slave girl and because of the one drop rule the child born of such illicit relations was considered a slave. Miscegenation is the primary reason why there are black Americans who have such a fair complexion.
 With all of that said, I couldn't give a damn whether Wright was black, white, or purple. He's an anti-Semitic, racist piece of garbage.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
Wright looks like a Cuban Hispanic. I am shure he will like this comparison.

I don't know about that.  A lot of the Cubans I know are awefully anglo saxon looking. 

Some Cubans are either completely white or almost completely white. Ricky Ricardo for example was a Mediterranean white Hispanic. Other Cubans are mulattoes or of other mixed race heritage.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 10:20:52 PM »
Ever notice how some Germans look like schwarzas with the big lips and wide nose

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:40:45 PM by ape_has_killed_ape »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
Muman, do you think obama, wright and all the other evil people are influenced by dybbuks? I mean what causes them to be evil like this?

You input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Shalom - Dox

You mean a spirit which inhabits their body? I don't know what makes them evil except that their yetzer hara has tricked them into thinking that evil is really good. I don't know about Dibbuks inhabiting their body though. It is a possibility, but beyond my ability to conclude.

Here is a story about a dibbuk:

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cache:eDfprp2EnA8J:israel613.com/books/KKE_KASHRUT21.pdf+dibbuk&hl=en&gl=us

Excellent video on Jewish understanding of the World to Come, Life after Death:
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/video_viewer.php?player=g&clip=-7332930594849349840&hl=en
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:43:07 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
Is a dibbuk the same thing as a demon?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »
Is a dibbuk the same thing as a demon?

Dibbuk basically means 'possession', as in a spirit which will possess a human body...

It is not necessarily a 'demon' as in an evil angel, but it is a dead soul which is 'in limbo' or not allowed into Gan Eden or Gehennom {so I understand}.

http://www.hasidicstories.com/Articles/Themes_In_Hasidic_Stories/nigal_intro.html
The baalei shem dealt with the magical. Magic, or "sorcery," as it appears in the sources, was forbidden by Jewish law, and presumably, there was no such thing as Jewish magic. The Torah states this clearly: "You shall not suffer a sorceress to live" (Exodus 22:17). Sorcery was, however, prevalent in different periods, and it could not be fought frontally. It is possible that the opposition to sorcery, on one hand, and the realization that the masses "needed" it, on the other hand, led to its restriction and to its attribution to a certain type of people. The Jew was no different from the non-Jew in the "need" for people possessing supernatural powers and for their activity. In the non-Jewish world, however, these individuals were called "sorcerers," while among the Jewish people they were known as "baalei shem." The Jews evaded the prohibition against sorcery by determining that there were powers of sanctity - the use of which was permitted - and powers of impurity, and only these constituted sorcery and therefore were prohibited.

The following chapters of this book deal with transmigration (reincarnation) and exorcism. Transmigration falls into the realm of the mystic, while the exorcists of dybbuks, like those of demons, used means from the sphere between the mystic and the magical. These topics also are of great importance in the hasidic story, but they predate it. The first extant stories about transmigration, and those about the exorcism of dybbuks, come from sixteenth-century Safed. Since then, there is a quite extensive literature comprising transmigration and dybbuk stories. Although dybbuk stories have decreased in recent generations, such stories are still to be found occasionally; the belief in transmigration is deeply rooted among hasidim and kabbalists.

A favorite topic among storytellers throughout the ages is that of demons. The rabbinical literature already dealt with the qualities and essence of demons, and extant developed stories regarding demon-human intermarriage date from the Middle Ages. The topic is discussed at length in this book, with special attention devoted to the well-known story "Maaseh Shel Yerushalmi" ("The Tale of the Jerusalemite"). The topic of demons also entered the realm of the hasidic story, although there are not many stories about demons in this genre.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »
I thought Judaism rules out the possibility of spirits wandering the earth. Christianity does.

Christians would call "ghosts" demons. I know Judaism does not believe that angels have any free will, but Christianity does.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 10:56:29 PM »
I thought Judaism rules out the possibility of spirits wandering the earth. Christianity does.

Christians would call "ghosts" demons. I know Judaism does not believe that angels have any free will, but Christianity does.

In Kabbalistic stories {which I have heard some} there are stories of souls which are not allowed into either Gan Eden {Paradise} and Gehennom {Purgatory}. I believe there is a story about a famous Rabbi of the Talmudic era who had become an apikoris after having visited Gan Eden alive {and returning alive}. His soul was not allowed into Gan Eden because he was a Wicked One, but he was not allowed into Gehennom because he had spent a good deal of his life learning and teaching Torah. One of his students, after his death, appealed to Hashem to send the wicked Rabbi to Gehennom... I don't remember the end of this story, but it demonstrates this idea.

http://www.aish.com/print/?contentID=48945366&section=/jl/h
The Talmud abounds with stories about Rabbi Akiva. One of the most famous is the story of four great sages who entered pardes, the "orchard" -- that is they engaged in mystical meditative techniques and ascended into realms of Divine consciousness. Of the four, three met terrible fates as a result of their mystical foray -- one died, another went insane, and the third became a heretic. Only Rabbi Akiva "entered in peace and emerged in peace."(1)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:09:11 PM by muman613 »

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
Thank you Muman, I did read the story. It was very interesting.

When people are evil and do horrible acts, etc, I can't help but wonder what drives them to embrace evil.

I have heard that demonic possession is extremely rare, and there have been cases in Christianity and even Judaism where Rabbis or Priests had to remove the evil spirits.

Hitler was worse than a monster, so does that mean he was possessed? How could any human being carry out such horrible acts as genocide, etc without being possessed by some evil spirit. Personally I don't think anyone with a consience could do such acts....murder, torture, etc.

When a person loses their ability to have compassion of any kind....does their empty mind get filled with another tortured soul?
Makes me wonder .......

Shalom - Dox   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 12:00:02 AM »
Thank you Muman, I did read the story. It was very interesting.

When people are evil and do horrible acts, etc, I can't help but wonder what drives them to embrace evil.

I have heard that demonic possession is extremely rare, and there have been cases in Christianity and even Judaism where Rabbis or Priests had to remove the evil spirits.

Hitler was worse than a monster, so does that mean he was possessed? How could any human being carry out such horrible acts as genocide, etc without being possessed by some evil spirit. Personally I don't think anyone with a consience could do such acts....murder, torture, etc.

When a person loses their ability to have compassion of any kind....does their empty mind get filled with another tortured soul?
Makes me wonder .......

Shalom - Dox   

Our Torah does not actually teach us what you are saying. We don't think that Pharoah was 'possessed' by evil spirits... His heart was hardened by Hashem himself. Pharoah was a brutal ruler who used Jewish babies in the bricks of his palaces and was cruel to his Jewish slaves. We do not think for a moment that his evil was due to demons. So I don't know if that conclusion that all unimaginable evil comes from some other source. Pure Jewish belief is that both good and evil come from Hashem himself. Hashem made Pharoah increase the burden on the Jewish people when Moses first confronted him. So it seemed that if Moses had just not spoken up the work would not have been made harder {Pharoah commanded that the slaves must make bricks without straw}. Many times Torah says, "Hashem hardened Pharoahs heart" so it is obvious it was Hashem who was chastising the Jewish people, not Pharoah.

We also learn from Megillat Esther which we read every Purim that the Wicked King Achashveros is called "Melech" which means 'King'. But the mystics have taught us that every time we see the word 'Melech' it represents Hashem himself. So the evil decree was not because of Haman, or because of Achashveros, but because of Hashems judgement against us...

I will not blame evil spirits for our enemies... This is all Mussar to the Jewish people...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »
We don't think that Pharoah was 'possessed' by evil spirits... His heart was hardened by Hashem himself.
This is true. Christians do also believe that when an evil person crosses a certain boundary of wickedness, that G-d locks them into that state so that repentance is not even theoretically possible, so that they can only incur more wrath on themselves.

Pharoah was a brutal ruler who used Jewish babies in the bricks of his palaces and was cruel to his Jewish slaves. We do not think for a moment that his evil was due to demons.
Agreed.

So I don't know if that conclusion that all unimaginable evil comes from some other source.
Christians believe that all evil ultimately comes from the fallenness and depravity of the human heart. We believe that the devil can tempt people, but that we have the free will to resist.

Pure Jewish belief is that both good and evil come from Hashem himself.
I wouldn't agree that G-d causes evil. G-d may permit evil for our chastening and refinement, but evil exists because He allows free will and does not want robots, not because He specifically wanted it to happen.

Hashem made Pharoah increase the burden on the Jewish people when Moses first confronted him. So it seemed that if Moses had just not spoken up the work would not have been made harder {Pharoah commanded that the slaves must make bricks without straw}. Many times Torah says, "Hashem hardened Pharoahs heart" so it is obvious it was Hashem who was chastising the Jewish people, not Pharoah.
Perhaps, but this is a tricky subject. Christians do believe that G-d allows us to be persecuted so that our faith may be refined and purified. I see no reason to believe why the same would not be true of the Jews in the Tanach.

We also learn from Megillat Esther which we read every Purim that the Wicked King Achashveros is called "Melech" which means 'King'. But the mystics have taught us that every time we see the word 'Melech' it represents Hashem himself. So the evil decree was not because of Haman, or because of Achashveros, but because of Hashems judgement against us...
This is hard, again. Speaking from a Christian perspective, we believe that trials come on us either as judgment, or for our own refinement. I have often wondered exactly why Hashem condemned the Israelites to 400 years of Nazi slavery, and have never really come to an answer.

I will not blame evil spirits for our enemies... This is all Mussar to the Jewish people...
The vast majority of the time I agree with you. Evil comes from human free will, not a bogeyman. Some humans can be possessed, particularly if they dabble in the occult/animism or sorcery, but this is a rare phenomenon and certainly does not explain Pharaoh.

[/quote]

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 12:57:43 AM »
Thank you Muman and Bonesfan. You guys have explained alot.
I know we all have free will and that some use it wisely and others not.
As for Hitler I still think he was the reincarnate of Satan and so were his officers.
They did mess with the occult as Bones stated. My proof of their demonic possessions
would be in an example of dr. mengele who mercilessly tortured children with his experiments.
His officers also tortured the Jews before they murdered them.
I think possession by evil spirits is rare, but it does exist.
obama is evil and on a power trip of the greatest magnitude, but who knows what's in his mind....

Thanks again for the replies.

Shalom - Dox

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 01:08:10 AM »
Thank you Muman and Bonesfan. You guys have explained alot.
I know we all have free will and that some use it wisely and others not.
As for Hitler I still think he was the reincarnate of Satan and so were his officers.
They did mess with the occult as Bones stated. My proof of their demonic possessions
would be in an example of dr. mengele who mercilessly tortured children with his experiments.
His officers also tortured the Jews before they murdered them.
I think possession by evil spirits is rare, but it does exist.
obama is evil and on a power trip of the greatest magnitude, but who knows what's in his mind....

Thanks again for the replies.
Elizabeth, I definitely would call the Nazis human demons, but the fact is that all of this evil came from their own warped, twisted, blackened souls. Since the fall of mankind (Adam and Eve's sin), every single human on the planet has been born with the capability for ultimate evil--that means you, me, Obama, Netanyahu, Chaim, etc. We are all capable of murder, torture, etc. (or homosexuality and other gross immorality) if we give into our baseness long enough and hardwire our hearts to become bestial. The difference between righteous and evil people is that the former do not indulge their evil temptations.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 01:21:52 AM »
Yes, very well stated. You and Muman are intelligent and contribute a lot to the forum and it's members with your inputs.

My usual saying is ' the difference between man and monster is a consience.'

Shalom & G-d Bless

Dox

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 02:22:45 AM »
Thanks for the kind words.

Of course, Tempe would say that good and evil don't really exist per se--that it's just sociological labels that we have given to chemical reactions in our brain...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2009, 02:49:46 AM »
Thanks for the kind words.

Of course, Tempe would say that good and evil don't really exist per se--that it's just sociological labels that we have given to chemical reactions in our brain...

But you and I know that Tempe doesn't really exist per se...

8)

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 03:15:10 AM »
It was a jesting remark meant just for Dox...