Author Topic: Huckabee: Would Israel Tell Obama Who Can Live in the Bronx?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
by Gil Ronen

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132945

(IsraelNN.com)

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Monday that the United States should not be telling Jewish people where they can and cannot live in Jerusalem, and he compared such a policy with racial segregation.

“My question is how would the government of the United States feel if Prime Minister Netanyahu began to dictate which people could live in the Bronx, which ones could live in Manhattan, which could live in Queens, and say, ‘We only allow certain people to live in those neighborhoods,’” he said. “How would that go over? It wouldn’t go over very well.” Huckabee spoke with reporters as he toured the ancient remains at the City of David (Ir David) in eastern Jerusalem Monday.

“The position that our government has taken recently is far more harsh [than the previous administration’s], even halting peace talks until there is compliance with these demands,” he noted. “I’m not sure where we would get the authority to demand of the Israelis what they should do in their own country.”

After touring the Pool of Shiloach (Siloam) and Hezekiah’s Tunnel, the governor said, “I think that there is some concern that many of us have who have been coming to Israel for many years. I’m not Jewish, so I am not trying to stand up for the Jewish people but for the freedom of the Israeli people who I feel have an organic relationship to the United States as the only democracy in the Middle East, as the only place where freedom and liberty and personal capacity to make choices really thrives. It’s in the vital interest of not just the Middle East but the world that freedom exists.”

Asked if he would support an Israeli military strike against Iran, the man touted as the leading candidate for the Republican presidential ticket in 2012 stated he “would support Israel doing whatever Israel needs to protect [itself].” He added that the United States would never want anybody to tell it the boundaries of how it can protect itself. “I think we can certainly advise as a friend to Israel,” he explained, “but we have no right to dictate and outright tell another country what it should or shouldn’t do. Heck, we don’t do that with North Korea!

“I’d like to think that the rights of Jewish people in their own homeland would be the same as the rights of American people in their homeland,” Huckabee said. “We take our rights very seriously.”

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Huckabee: Would Israel Tell Obama Who Can Live in the Bronx?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 06:32:03 AM »
by Gil Ronen

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132945

(IsraelNN.com)

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Monday that the United States should not be telling Jewish people where they can and cannot live in Jerusalem, and he compared such a policy with racial segregation.

“My question is how would the government of the United States feel if Prime Minister Netanyahu began to dictate which people could live in the Bronx, which ones could live in Manhattan, which could live in Queens, and say, ‘We only allow certain people to live in those neighborhoods,’” he said. “How would that go over? It wouldn’t go over very well.” Huckabee spoke with reporters as he toured the ancient remains at the City of David (Ir David) in eastern Jerusalem Monday.

“The position that our government has taken recently is far more harsh [than the previous administration’s], even halting peace talks until there is compliance with these demands,” he noted. “I’m not sure where we would get the authority to demand of the Israelis what they should do in their own country.”

After touring the Pool of Shiloach (Siloam) and Hezekiah’s Tunnel, the governor said, “I think that there is some concern that many of us have who have been coming to Israel for many years. I’m not Jewish, so I am not trying to stand up for the Jewish people but for the freedom of the Israeli people who I feel have an organic relationship to the United States as the only democracy in the Middle East, as the only place where freedom and liberty and personal capacity to make choices really thrives. It’s in the vital interest of not just the Middle East but the world that freedom exists.”

Asked if he would support an Israeli military strike against Iran, the man touted as the leading candidate for the Republican presidential ticket in 2012 stated he “would support Israel doing whatever Israel needs to protect [itself].” He added that the United States would never want anybody to tell it the boundaries of how it can protect itself. “I think we can certainly advise as a friend to Israel,” he explained, “but we have no right to dictate and outright tell another country what it should or shouldn’t do. Heck, we don’t do that with North Korea!

“I’d like to think that the rights of Jewish people in their own homeland would be the same as the rights of American people in their homeland,” Huckabee said. “We take our rights very seriously.”

:clap: :clap: :usa: :fireworks: ;)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 06:36:49 AM »
What are Huckabee's chances to become the next US president?   :)
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:41:33 AM »
With the Rep. we have now and obama going down i think good.Remember Jew hater Carter only had one term Bush's Father who made some trouble for Israel had only 1 term and now the monkey will have only 1 term
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 06:44:32 AM »
With the Rep. we have now and obama going down i think good.Remember Jew hater Carter only had one term Bush's Father who made some trouble for Israel had only 1 term and now the monkey will have only 1 term

That would be great! Let it be so, G-d willing!

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »
"What are Huckabee's chances to become the next US president?"

While I applaud anybody who publicly crosses the closet Muslim, it must be noted that Huckabee shows every sign of being one of those so-called (and here's an oxymoron coming) Big Government Conservatives.  In other words, he's a second George W. Bush.  One was enough for me, thank you.

As bad as he is, I believe that Obama will serve two terms.  Do you expect his far-left storm-troopers to let him go down to defeat?  There will be Chicago-style vote fraud on a national basis.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:29:10 AM »
"What are Huckabee's chances to become the next US president?"

While I applaud anybody who publicly crosses the closet Muslim, it must be noted that Huckabee shows every sign of being one of those so-called (and here's an oxymoron coming) Big Government Conservatives.  In other words, he's a second George W. Bush.  One was enough for me, thank you.

As bad as he is, I believe that Obama will serve two terms.  Do you expect his far-left storm-troopers to let him go down to defeat?  There will be Chicago-style vote fraud on a national basis.

As an Israeli, I don't understand much in US internal politics. It is for Americans to decide who will be the next president.
Who would you vote in the next elections?

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »
While I agree with most of what the former individual had stated it must be noted that any "good" individual will never become President.  Kennedy's assassination, Barry Goldwater's '64 election failure/fraud (as well his autobiography "With No Apologies") and the entirety surrounding Larry P. McDonald, three of many, indicates that anyone going against the Establishment has no chance. All a tragic sham imo.
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.