Author Topic: The Passion Of Christ  (Read 4210 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Passion Of Christ
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 09:13:54 PM »
The movie said that the Romans killed him, so why are the Jews blamed for it?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 09:14:18 PM »
Do ALL Christians believe in the virgin Mary story?

Most do. Some try to say she was a "young woman", but I think that many things in the story support the idea she was a virgin even if she was described only as a young woman. I personally believe that Mary was a virgin and so do most other Christians.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
All religious Christians do believe Jesus was conceived to a virgin girl named Mary, yes, but not all Christians venerate or pray to Mary.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »

Most do. Some try to say she was a "young woman", but I think that many things in the story support the idea she was a virgin even if she was described only as a young woman. I personally believe that Mary was a virgin and so do most other Christians.

And he had to die for sins of the future generations?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »
He who, Jesus?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
Chaim has said in a past Ask JTF show that he believed Mel Gibson made that movie just to cause more anti-semitism.  Look what has gone on with Mel since he made that film.  He got pulled over for drunk driving, and went on a rant against Jews and how we're supposedly responsible for all the problems in this world.  He also insulted one of the female police officers by calling her sugar t--s.  Not suprising, being that his father Hutton Gibson is a Holocaust denier.  In vino veritas.  

When Mel was asked by interviewer Diane Sawyer about who really killed Jesus, he said "we all did."  But his anti-semitic rant totally belies that.  

And more recently, he cheated on his wife, and mother of his seven children with some Russian bimbo that he knocked up.  His long suffering wife finally gave him the boot.  

So like I wrote earlier, us JTF Jews are no fans of Mel, and we have no interest in his movie.  

Anyway, I'll thank everyone to keep this all cordial.  While we're not happy with what the Church has done in the past, or the anti-semitic actions of those calling themselves Christians, we do love our wonderful Christian members.  

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »

The actual translation of the word from hebrew is 'young woman' which was mistranslated by the Greek translation as virgin...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »

Anti-Semites don't know how to use logic.

It's like this:

Jews help blacks achieve greater freedoms in society, Blacks hate Jews
Arabs in Israel get free electricity, medical help, food aid, etc. and they hate Jews
Romans crucify Jesus, anti-Semites blame Jews for it, even if those very same anti-Semites were sometimes Roman themselves.
Jews prosper in Germany and help it to be a successful country, Germans hated Jews.

Jews are a light to the world and a blessing and bring good things to the nations, but the nations still hate them. It goes completely against all logic. It's an absolutely evil, crazy, stupid hatred.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 09:18:54 PM »
The actual translation of the word from hebrew is 'young woman' which was mistranslated by the Greek translation as virgin...
Mary was a virgin and a young woman (est. age 13-16).

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 09:19:22 PM »

Anti-Semites don't know how to use logic.

It's like this:

Jews help blacks achieve greater freedoms in society, Blacks hate Jews
Arabs in Israel get free electricity, medical help, food aid, etc. and they hate Jews
Romans crucify Jesus, anti-Semites blame Jews for it, even if those very same anti-Semites were sometimes Roman themselves.
Jews prosper in Germany and help it to be a successful country, Germans hated Jews.

Jews are a light to the world and a blessing and bring good things to the nations, but the nations still hate them. It goes completely against all logic. It's an absolutely evil, crazy, stupid hatred.

Have you ever wanted to be Jewish?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 09:20:07 PM »

I'm aware of that but I think in context the story still shows that she would have been a virgin. Thanks for pointing that out though because people might not have known what I was referring to otherwise.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »
You guys, we're going to have to agree to disagree on theology here.  Christians believes in the concept of a trinity.  Jews don't.  I think we need to leave it at that.  

If anyone has questions, I recommend sending each other private messages.  

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »

I'd like to talk about this, but that's getting dangerously close to preaching if I get into it, so I hope you understand if I don't talk about that particular topic.

No, but I have always respected the Jewish people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 09:26:27 PM »
Yes,

Let us not stray into areas which may cause us a lot of stress...

These issues can be discussed later... It is not wise to discuss these issues in an emotional state {as I obviously am in}..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »
I think Rubystars' last post here serves as a fitting conclusion to this thread. In closing, the message here is that Mel Gibson and his movie are bad, bad, bad.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »

I'd like to talk about this, but that's getting dangerously close to preaching if I get into it, so I hope you understand if I don't talk about that particular topic.

I'm just curious. Not everyday I can ask a Christian these questions. I just want to know what Christians believe. I grew up Orthodox and even when I left it for a few years, I still hung out with only Jews so I never really spoke to any Goyim about this stuff or anything. I never really cared, either, but now I feel that it doesn't to hurt to find the depths of the story.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 09:29:21 PM »

I'm just curious. Not everyday I can ask a Christian these questions. I just want to know what Christians believe. I grew up Orthodox and even when I left it for a few years, I still hung out with only Jews so I never really spoke to any Goyim about this stuff or anything. I never really cared, either, but now I feel that it doesn't to hurt to find the depths of the story.
Ok , I'm done. :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 09:29:39 PM »
Yes,

Let us not stray into areas which may cause us a lot of stress...

These issues can be discussed later... It is not wise to discuss these issues in an emotional state {as I obviously am in}..

Have a nice cup of herbal tea (or some wine) and chill out, listen to some nice music, or play a computer game, and pet your kitty.  :)

Then hopefully you'll feel better.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 09:32:16 PM »

I always enjoy learning more about other religions and I think I've learned a lot just by reading this board. There's always more that I pick up on though and I think it enriches people to be more aware of what other people believe, even if they don't believe it themselves.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »
I would like to hear the Jewish view on the film
Terrible but very profitable for ol-Mel. 
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 09:52:14 PM »
This might help you cool off, I find it funny.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 09:53:01 PM »
I saw the film out of curiosity, and it was an orgy of victimization.   I can't stand that type of thing.    The crowd, a modern western bunch brought up on post-enlightenment christian morality which 'deifies' or at least glorifies the "underdog" and victim, of course ate it up.    I saw tears rolling down all over the theater.    I was chomping away at the popcorn, but didn't find the plot very interesting at all....   I wasn't taken in by the film's highly emotional victim deification/worship.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »

No, you had these evil looking snickering Jews in the background egging on the Romans and basically begging them to kill him for them.  They looked like they were straight out of a nazi cartoon and onto the film strip.    These are supposedly the "Pharisees"  (Rabbis) depicted in gospels as supposedly what Jesus fought against.   But in reality.... without getting into it too much, Jesus most likely was himself  a pharisee...  went off the derech yes, but he supports Torah/rabbinic law unlike paul.  Paul had a more sadducee approach where he felt he could abolish the law (although he took it a step further and tried to abolish Torah law itself... but in reality the Saducees would have done this if they could have, they were not sincere).   

Paul was also different in marketing to non Jews, or did that happen later after paul's time?   I know at the beginning the first christians were actually jews who joined up in a breakaway sect, but later it expanded to include and seek out nonJews and was very quickly predominantly nonJews if not completely.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 10:43:46 PM »
Jesus most likely was himself  a pharisee
Yes, true.

but he supports Torah/rabbinic law unlike paul.  Paul had a more sadducee approach where he felt he could abolish the law
Not exactly true, Paul taught that obedience to Torah was not required for salvation for Christians. He also remained a Pharisee until his death.

Paul was also different in marketing to non Jews
Correct, he was apostle to the Gentiles.

I know at the beginning the first christians were actually jews who joined up in a breakaway sect
Yes.

very quickly predominantly nonJews if not completely.
This happened around the time of the sacking of Jerusalem. This is where "Christian" anti-Semitism began.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »
Mel Gibson is a typical "religious" Nazi - a drunkard, an adulterer, a liar and a cheat who subconsciously hates G-d for making him feel guilty about his atrocious behavior. Gibson can't admit to himself that he hates G-d, so he embraces a "religion" that attacks G-d's people. His Nazi anti-Semitism is his outlet for his hatred of G-d's laws and morals. Gibson tries to scapegoat and blame the Jews for his own immorality, disloyalty and wickedness.

Gibson's films are an abomination. I predict that he will die a miserable death. And then he will join all of history's other "religious" Jew-haters in the fires of hell - the Crusaders who cut babies out of pregnant Jewish women's stomachs, the Inquisitionists who burned Jewish children alive on the stake calling them "Christ killers", the priests and nuns who kidnapped thousands of Jewish children from their parents to baptize them and raise them as Christians, the pogromists who set fire to the beards of rabbis while singing "Christ We Adore Thee", until the climax was reached with the ovens and the gas chambers of the holocaust where church services were held in Auschwitz every Sunday for the Nazi death camp guards who were murdering millions under a sign at the Auschwitz chapel which said "Our Fuhrer Adolf Hitler is Jesus' messenger to the Jews".

This might give our members some idea as to why Jews did not like Gibson's film.

I think this is a good place to close this thread.