Author Topic: Thank Hashem if you have a car  (Read 3763 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Thank Hashem if you have a car
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:07:39 AM »
I know this sounds a bit funny, but if you have a car you are LUCKY. Thank Hashem for that. We don't have a car anymore and it's been a major pain in the arse. One day when I have a car I'm going to give rides to as many people as possible. With great power comes great responsibility and we should use all of Hashem's gifts to us for the greater good of helping others. So next time your friend needs a lift, you see somebody in need, or you're able to help somebody out with a ride, you should do it.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Thank Hashem if you have a car
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:20:21 AM »
That is a really excellent point. We all take G-d and His blessings upon our lives for granted.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »
I have no car or driver license  :'( But I will make one this year.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »
Yes...so true.

I just got transportation again after being without for 6-7 years. It was very hard on me. But, I'm a survivor.. ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:22:59 AM »

You are 'that good' at PhotoShop that you can 'make' your own license?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 11:23:46 AM »
Isn't that illegal?

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »
Isn't that illegal?

:::D :::D :::D :::D

Of course it it illegal! But I could buy my license in Poland. You could do it really!

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »
I got my driver license when I was 17. :)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »

Our licenses are on a plastic card and even with Photoshop it is not possible to make "your own":

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
I know this sounds a bit funny, but if you have a car you are LUCKY. Thank Hashem for that. We don't have a car anymore and it's been a major pain in the arse. One day when I have a car I'm going to give rides to as many people as possible. With great power comes great responsibility and we should use all of Hashem's gifts to us for the greater good of helping others. So next time your friend needs a lift, you see somebody in need, or you're able to help somebody out with a ride, you should do it.

I remember once I saw and elder man on a bike in the middle of nowhere. A horrible thunderstorm was approaching. At first I didn't even notice it. But suddenly I thought "imagine the old man riding his bike and getting stroke by a lightning. I felt uncomfortable, turned the car around. I put his bike into my car and drove him home. The thunderstorm then was indeed HORRIBLE!

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 02:32:22 PM »

I remember once I saw and elder man on a bike in the middle of nowhere. A horrible thunderstorm was approaching. At first I didn't even notice it. But suddenly I thought "imagine the old man riding his bike and getting stroke by a lightning. I felt uncomfortable, turned the car around. I put his bike into my car and drove him home. The thunderstorm then was indeed HORRIBLE!

You are a great man! You protected the life of this man!!  :dance:

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 02:55:37 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have a car because I don't have a full time job   :'( .
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 02:58:55 PM »

I am sorry.

But please, at all, remeber if you drive a car that you use oil to drive it. Oil comes from Saudi Barbaria and other animal states. So you automatically support Islam.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »

I am sorry.

But please, at all, remeber if you drive a car that you use oil to drive it. Oil comes from Saudi Barbaria and other animal states. So you automatically support Islam.

But when you are kind to people without cars you end up saving gas and cutting into the profits which go to Saudi Narabia... I was listening to a Rabbi Shuir this morning about Charity and giving a ride to someone is one great way to give tzedakkah.

Some here know that I help a poor man by giving him a room in my house so that he can get back on his feet... He is having a lot of difficulty finding work as a handy-man in this economy. He would be living on the street if I didn't help him. If only everyone could offer some of their possessions to help others in need the world would certainly be ready for Moshiach...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 03:04:49 PM »

I am sorry.

I don't think Hussein wants us to stop buying Arab oil  :'(.  I cant get anywhere without a car  :'(.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »

I do have a full time job and a very nice car. But I don't think this is enough to make me happier! You may have other wonderful things that HaShem provided you.
I would give away all I have to help or save my family. No material thing is worth being preferred over emotional ideological matters!

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »

I do have a full time job and a very nice car. But I don't think this is enough to make me happier! You may have other wonderful things that HaShem provided you.
I would give away all I have to help or save my family. No material thing is worth being preferred over emotional ideological matters!

You are right. Material things are nothing worth. Family is the most important thing!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 04:05:03 PM »

Well look.  I just want to be able to support myself.  Though your right people should be less materialistic especially during a recession.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
Having a vehicle is a necessity for me....I get tired after walking so many miles...and its hard to haul groceries...taxis are expensive...ever tried raising a child with no car?  I dont consider it materialism.

If riding horses everywhere was allowed, I would rather do that, honestly, if I could.

;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 04:46:32 PM »
Having a vehicle is a necessity for me....I get tired after walking so many miles...and its hard to haul groceries...taxis are expensive...ever tried raising a child with no car?  I dont consider it materialism.

If riding horses everywhere was allowed, I would rather do that, honestly, if I could.

;D

That would be awesome if riding horses were allowed.  I don't think that's been allowed since the late 20's

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 04:55:25 PM »
Yeah, maybe in Australia....

;D

That would be awesome if riding horses were allowed.  I don't think that's been allowed since the late 20's
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 05:06:13 PM »

That's a pretty cool looking palace, building or whatever.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »

That's a pretty cool looking palace, building or whatever.

It's the second largest baroque castle in Europe. (Hungary) I wanted posted its farm, where you can riding horse.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:06:37 PM by ProudAndZionist »

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 08:17:41 PM »

I am sorry.

Not 100% true. A lot of motor engine oil if not all of it is just recycled from older oil. Now gasoline yes we have to deal with that