Author Topic: I started a painting of Deborah, the Judge of Israel  (Read 894 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
I started a painting of Deborah, the Judge of Israel
« on: September 02, 2009, 07:37:59 AM »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: I started a painting of Deborah, the Judge of Israel
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:12:54 AM »
http://themadjewess.vox.com/library/post/start-of-painting-deborah-defeats-sisera.html

I still have to do the lips, but it be almos finish man..
You have so many talents, Ashe Dina.  That is great.  Can't wait to show it to my daughter.  She loves to draw.
 Send David our regards.  I hope you are both well and we get to see you soon.  :)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
Wow it just looks great! You are a great drawer. Maybe you could draw Meir Kahane.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
Wow it just looks great! You are a great drawer. Maybe you could draw Meir Kahane.

TY everyone. I am not the artist that Masterwolf is. But, ty. :usa:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
http://themadjewess.vox.com/library/post/start-of-painting-deborah-defeats-sisera.html

I still have to do the lips, but it be almos finish man..
You have so many talents, Ashe Dina.  That is great.  Can't wait to show it to my daughter.  She loves to draw.
 Send David our regards.  I hope you are both well and we get to see you soon.  :)

:-* :love: :-*
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 02:43:55 PM »

TY everyone. I am not the artist that Masterwolf is. But, ty. :usa:

You are a good artist! I can't draw like you.

I want to tell you something:

You are a great person! God always protect and bless you! You are active! You have your own great Blog and you are member of this great organization JTF. We need more of you!

Again, God bless you and your family richly!

Your friend Steven  :-*

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
Deborah was more than just a judge {Shoftim}, she was a Navi {Prophetess}.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/112073/jewish/Deborah-the-Prohetess.htm

In Eastern countries, in the days of old, and even nowadays among backward peoples, women are usually looked down upon by men, and they are often treated not much better than servants or even slaves. This has never been the case in the Jewish family, where the Jewish woman is called "the foundation of the home," because of the many duties she has in keeping a kosher home, bringing up the children in the Jewish way of life and generally helping create the right "atmosphere" of Torah and Mitzvoth in the Jewish home. Every Friday night, when the men folk come from Shul, finding the table set for the holy Shabbath, with the candles giving a glow of light and warmth throughout the home, the father and the boys sing that well-known hymn "Eishet Chayil", to the Jewish "Woman of Worth," which was composed by King Solomon in the Proverbs. We are proud of the Mothers of our people, and are proud especially of the fact that we had seven women prophetesses, who played an important part in shaping the history, of our people, and who inspire us to this day. One of these seven prophetesses was Deborah, whose story we bring you here, and whose famous "Song of Deborah" we read on the very Shabbath when we read the famous "Song of Moses," which was recited for the first time after the miraculous crossing of the Red Sea.

Deborah lived more than three thousand years ago, about the year 2650 after Creation. This was less than 200 years after Joshua led the Jewish people into the Holy Land (in the year 2488). The period in which Deborah lived is known as the period of the judges, and she was in fact the Judge in her time.

This was the time when the Jewish people had not yet become united under one king, which came later, in the time of King Saul and King David. During Deborah's time the twelve tribes of Israel lived more or less independently, each one in his part of the country. The neighboring peoples often took advantage of this fact, making trouble now for one tribe, now for another. The trouble came whenever the Jewish people abandoned the ways and laws of the Torah and started to imitate the ways of their heathen neighbors. But under the cruel oppression of the enemy, they cried out to G-d and returned to Him with all their heart. Then G-d sent them a great leader who delivered them from the oppression, and continued to teach them and keep them in the way of the Torah as long as he lived. When this leader, who was called judge, passed on, the Jews, left without a spiritual guide, fell back into their old ways, and immediately trouble waited at their door.

... http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/112073/jewish/Deborah-the-Prohetess.htm

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »
Hi Paulette, I knew you could sing and sing you do! You're an artist too, amazing. The painting you are working is great.

Shalom - Dox