Author Topic: Rabbi "Slimeball"  (Read 894 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Rabbi "Slimeball"
« on: September 08, 2009, 08:34:01 PM »
In 2001 Chaim and Yosef called Riskin "Rabbi Slimeball".

In view of Shlomo Riskin's latest pronouncements, have they cause to revise their opinion?
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1251804512781&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rabbi "Slimeball"
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:06:48 PM »
It sounds like he is making sense now..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:08:26 PM »
I thought he was a good guy.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:42:16 PM »
I remember the youtube video about Rabbi Kahane where this rabbi says in a very worm-like manner "well if the arabs were here first, i don't think we have a right to kick them out"   or some such garbage.    Anyway, I''m not sure what there is to really commend about saying the IDF is the "most moral army in the world."   That's straight out of the leftist labor zionist handbook.    So both of these things are evidence of the same thing, an unwillingness to completely abide by the Torah but a desire to somehow 'moderate' it.    Not willing to kick out arabs, and not willing to fight a real Jewish war without suicidal constraints on our soldiers - in order to be the "most moral" army, more catholic than the pope and more christian than christians, and so moral it kills us.   All this appeals to western liberal values, but has nothing to do with Judaism.    I believe that this rabbi is very westernized in his outlook.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »
So in other words, he's like a house rabbi for the suicide establishment?

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »
I think some of this hate is unwarranted.  Granted, he is not 100% ideal as a Rabbi, but compared to most of the Rabbis in EY, Rabbi Riskin is not bad at all.

I agree that some of the things he said about the Rav were brutal, but I also believe that he was subject to the same legal restraints as all Right-wingers are in Israel.
Furthermore, Nachman Kahane seems to have forgiven him for the things he has said, and he is as close as anybody to the Rav.

Rabbi Riskin knows deep down that Kahane was right, and as the years passed, this has revelaed itself more and more.

I do not support Rabbi Riskin, nor would he ever be my Rabbi, but I do think there is a big difference between a guy like Riskin, and an Erev Rav "Orthodox" rabbi like Shmuley Boteach.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:12 PM »
I think some of this hate is unwarranted.  Granted, he is not 100% ideal as a Rabbi, but compared to most of the Rabbis in EY, Rabbi Riskin is not bad at all.

I agree that some of the things he said about the Rav were brutal, but I also believe that he was subject to the same legal restraints as all Right-wingers are in Israel.
Furthermore, Nachman Kahane seems to have forgiven him for the things he has said, and he is as close as anybody to the Rav.

Rabbi Riskin knows deep down that Kahane was right, and as the years passed, this has revelaed itself more and more.

I do not support Rabbi Riskin, nor would he ever be my Rabbi, but I do think there is a big difference between a guy like Riskin, and an Erev Rav "Orthodox" rabbi like Shmuley Boteach.

And even Boteach grew a back bone over the Gaddafly matter... I was impressed that he made such a big commotion over Gadgagmes visit. I would have made as much or more if my neighbor was the dispicable worm gadagagya...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
Can you all tell me what's so terrible about Rabbi Boteach? I'm not doubting you all but what exactly was it? The articles I have seen from him are not bad.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
Despite the lurid titles of his books "Kosher Sex", "Kosher adultery", "Torah and Seduction" and his interviews in Playboy, the contents are quite good and don't seem too untoward.

The problem is the company Boteach's keeps: if you actively seek out to kowtow with lower elements, even with good intentions, something's gotta rub off!

Can you all tell me what's so terrible about Rabbi Boteach? I'm not doubting you all but what exactly was it? The articles I have seen from him are not bad.