Poll

What were you considered when you went to school growing up?

A bully
A lackey
A nerd
Other-explain
Pot head

Author Topic: What were you considered in school?  (Read 6486 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
What were you considered in school?
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »
What were you considered in school?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: What were you in school
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »
I was 100% in the NERD camp!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Re: What were you considered in school?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:39:02 PM »
What's a lackey?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
I guess you could say nerd.  I got high grades,had braces and never went out on a date.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 07:50:01 PM »
I was a little bit of everything. I don't necessarily believe in the High School stereotypes.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »
I was definatly a jock, I played all sports .. so it would have to be other
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
In HS I was friends with the Cool people and tough guys... popular crowd

Moshe92

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »
I don't fit in any of those categories. There was a kid at my school who graduated last spring who fit into multiple stereotypical groups. He was black, and he always wore baggy clothes and lots of chains so he fit the black gangster stereotype. He also always wore dark clothes with pictures of skeletons so he fit the "goth" stereotype. He also brought a laptop computer to school almost every day and played World of Warcraft or some other fantasy game during lunch and during free blocks so he fit the "nerd" stereotype as well.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 08:05:52 PM »
I don't fit in any of those categories. There was a kid at my school who graduated last spring who fit into multiple stereotypical groups. He was black, and he always wore baggy clothes and lots of chains so he fit the black gangster stereotype. He also always wore dark clothes with pictures of skeletons so he fit the "goth" stereotype. He also brought a laptop computer to school almost every day and played World of Warcraft or some other fantasy game during lunch and during free blocks so he fit the "nerd" stereotype as well.

That is why I put "other" as a choice

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 08:07:18 PM »
I was considered the nerd because I got good grades and that made people jealous, plus I wasn't interested in all the weird stuff other kids were. I wanted to talk about endangered species and wolves and galaxies. I thought that was way more interesting than the dumb crap they were talking about.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:14:36 PM by Rubystars »

Moshe92

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »

That is why I put "other" as a choice

I voted "other." I meant that I'm not a nerd, lackey, or bully. I'm a good student, and I'm quiet so I guess I'm closest to being a nerd, but I don't look weird or obsess over fantasy worlds as the true nerds do.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 08:22:18 PM »
I was only five foot 6 in the tenth grade.  And was really skinny.  I wasn't goofy looking or anything. Girls liked me.   But I was getting pushed around because I was so small and thin.  But by 12th grade I had grown to
6 feet.  So by then I could take care of myself.   High school was twenty two years ago. 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 08:23:30 PM »
I wasn't a nerd.  I wasn't a bully.  I wasn't a follower.  I guess that means I was an OTHER. 8;)
I stayed out of trouble that way.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »
I guess you could say nerd.  I got high grades,had braces and never went out on a date.

Heh, same here.  In high school at least.   Did have a few friends that were girls, but strictly platonic :)

I vote nerd since I got straight A's, but I also excelled in sports and was not considered a "weirdo" or anything, so not really the "nerd" stereotype, but deep down I am quite scholarly and take pride in that.

I was friends with some of the "popular" crowd but only tangentially and my closer friends were outside of that clique so I didn't consider myself "one of them"   Most of the 'popular crowd' were jerks anyway, even the ones I was friends with!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:30:34 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 08:29:28 PM »

lol

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 08:31:37 PM »
The nerds in my school were never 'weirdos'... Nerds mean smart kids who tend to like science fiction, electronics, and computers...

I also had friends across the 'stereotype' spectrum...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 08:33:18 PM »
I was considered the nerd because I got good grades and that made people jealous, plus I wasn't interested in all the weird stuff other kids were. I wanted to talk about endangered species and wolves and galaxies. I thought that was way more interesting than the dumb crap they were talking about.

LOL, I hear that.   Luckily for me, by the time I figured out what some of those kids were into, I was already graduating high school!   Thank God.    (People were into weird stuff I didn't even know about, I was busy doing HW all those years)

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 08:35:02 PM »
The nerds in my school were never 'weirdos'... Nerds mean smart kids who tend to like science fiction, electronics, and computers...

I also had friends across the 'stereotype' spectrum...

Yeah, some nerds are "normal."   But other types of "nerds" can be real weirdos and socially inept.    You know like the guys that come in wearing trench coats or don't talk to anyone.   We had a few like that.   Sometimes those kind of really bizarre or eccentric kids are very smart too.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 09:48:55 PM »
Why does this matter?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 09:50:25 PM »
Why does this matter?

Why does your asinine post matter?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 09:52:49 PM »

LOL, I hear that.   Luckily for me, by the time I figured out what some of those kids were into, I was already graduating high school!   Thank G-d.    (People were into weird stuff I didn't even know about, I was busy doing HW all those years)

Jr. High girly gab is one of the most annoying things ever. "Oooh! This gay looking guy in the magazine is sooo cute!" "Does so and so like so and so" "These shoes are awesome! They come in taupe!"

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What were you in school
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 09:53:48 PM »
I was 100% in the NERD camp!

Not surprised,lol.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »
I was a Nerd and a Jock.