Author Topic: Serbian gay pride parade cancelled  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
Serbian gay pride parade cancelled
« on: September 20, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »
Pride Parade cancelled due to high risk of violence
19 September 2009 | 11:31 -> 16:32 | Source: B92 
BELGRADE -- Authorities have told organizers of the Pride Parade that the safety of its participants cannot be guaranteed and that, therefore, the event cannot be held.

Organizers held an emergency press conference after a meeting with Prime Minister Mirko Cvetković, at which they were told that the risk of excessive attacks on the rally is too great for police to guarantee safety for everyone involved.

Organizers of the Pride Parade stated that this does not mean that the event will be prohibited, rather that it may be relocated, because the risk of excessive attacks is very high, and the police might not be able to protect the participators at the agreed location—the plateau in front of the Philosophy Faculty.

“It is not a prohibition de jure, but a prohibition de facto,” Organizational Committee official Dušan Kosanović said.

Minority organizations have stated that moving the rally to a different location is out of the question.

Kosanović said that the recommendation to move the rally to Ušće, located on the mouth of the Sava River into the Danube, where many large concert events are held, is not acceptable.

He said that according to the law on public gatherings, no rally has been scheduled to be held at that location, and therefore cannot be allowed.

“The symbolism of this event everywhere in the world is to symbolically walk through the center of the city and show that we are equal citizens. We don’t want to walk on some field in Ušće, that would not be a Pride Parade,” organizational committee member Majda Puača said.

The organizers were also offered to move the event to the Palace of Serbia, which was also denied.

Organizational Committee official Dragana Vučković told B92 that the state has officially told them that the event cannot be held because of excessive risks of violence.

At the press conference, the government was also accused of bowing down in the face of violence.

Interior Minister Ivica Dačić said that the state is not prohibiting the event, but rather recommending that it be moved to a location at which it can be properly secured by the police.

The government issued a statement, saying that it approved the Pride Parade despite security risks and reccomended that the organizers relocate the rally in front of the Palace of Serbia.

“The Internal Affairs Ministry stated that this location would be completely secure for participators of the event and other citizens, and that public order, peace and personal property, city property and diplomatic-consular headquarters would all be protected,” the government stated.

“The government has ordered state institutions to take all necessary measures to stop violence, uncover and arrest those who threaten with violence. The government will ensure public order and peace, the security of the citizens and property, and the right of every citizen to enjoy his or her constitutional and legally guaranteed rights,” the statement adds.

Swedish ambassador: Cancellation strange, sad

Swedish ambassador to Serbia Krister Bringeus told B92 that it is strange and sad that the Pride Parade was postponed because of security reasons.

“The Pride Parade is a normal thing in Europe, especially in 2009. Such festivals are held in all European capitals,” she said.

“This summer on the streets of Stockholm, the Pride Parade had 15,000 participants, including the Swedish Prime Minister. For me it was a natural thing for the same thing to happen in Belgrade,” Bringeus said.

“I am sure that the Serbian police were ready to take all measures for protecting the participators of the Pride Parade. I am impressed with the professionalism shown by Minister Ivica Dačić and his people,” the ambassador said.

“The fact that the Parade will not be held is sad and strange,” concluded Bringeus, whose country is presiding over the EU currently.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics-article.php?yyyy=2009&mm=09&dd=19&nav_id=61848

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
Re: Serbian gay pride parade cancelled
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15:02 PM »
They try to connect recent attacks by some idiots on foreign visitors with the anger over gay parade of shame.

It has nothing to do with one another, the attack of the French happened before and has to do with upcoming soccer match, nothing else.

Furthermore, now they speak about "banning every group that preaches 'violence" (and we all know that preaching "violence" for them means ONLY expressing own opinions which do not match Liberal scum views, not actual hate-groups). They try to make it look like those against fag parade were some "hooligans", but in fact, it was MOST OF THE Serbian people. Even my, relatively Liberal class surprised me when they were asked "for or against?", many yelled AGAINST!
So, they can "ban" in Serbia a group called the Serbs "non grati".

They say how it is A DEMOCRATIC state, so that everyone can express everything (see paradox now?) although THE MAJORITY disagrees.
Which means - It is a DEMOCRATIC state, so THE MAJORITY has no right of self-domination!!! Who gives a damn about majority?!?!?!
As opposed to the meaning of the word DEMOCRCY which means - the people rule.

Today, we live in a such twisted world that it is hard to fight for your right on a "dictatorship" (meaning self-rule today, for those who might get confused).

Just check out what freaks entered the new house of Big Brother and you'll see what the Libs want to turn us into.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:31:19 PM by sonja_yu »

Offline Nik_Srb

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:09:55 AM »
g-d,i lmao-ed when i saw some lame liberal stutents put a funeral stile flowers on the floor at the philosphy university and said today we hold a funeral for justice in serbia,they put they're hands behind they're backs,and give those half sad half siriouse looks,imitateing some kind of genius liberal intelectuals xDDDDDDDDDDDD

might have been one of the most funniest lame things ever :DDDDDDDDD  ,tottal f***** stereotipes

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
g-d,i lmao-ed when i saw some lame liberal stutents put a funeral stile flowers on the floor at the philosphy university and said today we hold a funeral for justice in serbia,they put they're hands behind they're backs,and give those half sad half siriouse looks,imitateing some kind of genius liberal intelectuals xDDDDDDDDDDDD

might have been one of the most funniest lame things ever :DDDDDDDDD  ,tottal f***** stereotipes

OMG???!!!

Are you serious??!!

WOOOOOOOW, LOOOOOL, that is so............. miserable, pathetic, poor, idiotic, pathetic, stupid, foolish, did-I-say-PATHETIC!!!
What a bunch of no-life idiots!
I can't believe they have such a big lack of life and have no freaking clue about life or what the INJUSTICE is.
I can write a whole book about how low and nasty that is.

What's going on with us in the last month and especially last two weeks is the bottom of all values and principles and an insult to science, philosophy, culture, knowledge, arts and everything good that human mind has created and is supposed to be taught at such Universities.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
All respect to the Serbs for restraining of these filthy perverts  :clap:
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »
If gays can have gay pride parades, then by the laws of equality, we should have heterosexual pride parades.

I'll hire the strippers. 8)

Freedomfighter08

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »
If gays can have gay pride parades, then by the laws of equality, we should have heterosexual pride parades.

I'll hire the strippers. 8)

Freedomfighter08

If heterosexuals will have pride parades, I will have a Torah pride parade. I'll hire the Rabbis :dance: :dance:

Offline Nik_Srb

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 07:18:24 AM »
no i mean,if all that defys the homosexuals(they are actually a groupation of people based on they're sexuality ;roll eyes;)is they're "passion",what kind of people are they,i mean a gay pride should really be an insult to a gay,i mean,if in the end you still can't beat ur sexuality,leave it at that,i mean,ok fine,you sleep with the same sex,but you are also a famous artist or a great architect,a valued member of sosciety,thats fine,but in this case they use the gays in politics,like the germans and sweeds go on like: oh there are no human rights they can't have they're pride,you aren't like the west,don't you want to join the EU?And because of that they should beat the hell out of the parading gays,they're endangering the souvrinity of our country like that.

Offline Serbian_Radical_Party

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 04:15:58 AM »
Serbia and Russia showed to the world that Perversity is not wanted ON ORTHODOX SOIL!