Author Topic: Does anyone on the forum have asthma?  (Read 3537 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Does anyone on the forum have asthma?
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 11:46:56 PM »
AHHHH MY COUGH IS SOOOOO BAD!!!! I HATE COLDS!!!!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »
I also drink green tea every single day. Since I have been doing that, I have had not one cold. Not one.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
I also drink green tea every single day. Since I have been doing that, I have had not one cold. Not one.
Yes I heard green tea is good and prevents cancer. Every time I smoke I should have a glass of that stuff.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »
Yes I heard green tea is good and prevents cancer. Every time I smoke I should have a glass of that stuff.

That's not going to counteract the effects of smoking because of the carcinogens in cigarette smoke.   Green tea is a very minor antioxidant and it's effective in protecting healthy people from cancer-causing/contributing cell damage, but it is not an immunization against carcinogens which directly cause cancer.  The type of cell damage that a green tea would protect again is the normal everyday byproducts of cell metabolism and aging.   NOT a direct poisoning of the cells, such as with carcinogens.  If you take in carcinogens, you are basically guaranteeing yourself great amounts of damage and a much greater likelihood of getting cancer, chas veshalom.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 12:25:07 PM »

That's not going to counteract the effects of smoking because of the carcinogens in cigarette smoke.   Green tea is a very minor antioxidant and it's effective in protecting healthy people from cancer-causing/contributing cell damage, but it is not an immunization against carcinogens which directly cause cancer.  The type of cell damage that a green tea would protect again is the normal everyday byproducts of cell metabolism and aging.   NOT a direct poisoning of the cells, such as with carcinogens.  If you take in carcinogens, you are basically guaranteeing yourself great amounts of damage and a much greater likelihood of getting cancer, chas veshalom.

Yes I know was making a joke.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »
I mentioned the green tea because MO said he had a bad cold...

That's not going to counteract the effects of smoking because of the carcinogens in cigarette smoke.   Green tea is a very minor antioxidant and it's effective in protecting healthy people from cancer-causing/contributing cell damage, but it is not an immunization against carcinogens which directly cause cancer.  The type of cell damage that a green tea would protect again is the normal everyday byproducts of cell metabolism and aging.   NOT a direct poisoning of the cells, such as with carcinogens.  If you take in carcinogens, you are basically guaranteeing yourself great amounts of damage and a much greater likelihood of getting cancer, chas veshalom.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 02:13:46 PM »
I mentioned the green tea because MO said he had a bad cold...

That's not going to counteract the effects of smoking because of the carcinogens in cigarette smoke.   Green tea is a very minor antioxidant and it's effective in protecting healthy people from cancer-causing/contributing cell damage, but it is not an immunization against carcinogens which directly cause cancer.  The type of cell damage that a green tea would protect again is the normal everyday byproducts of cell metabolism and aging.   NOT a direct poisoning of the cells, such as with carcinogens.  If you take in carcinogens, you are basically guaranteeing yourself great amounts of damage and a much greater likelihood of getting cancer, chas veshalom.

I know, I was responding to Mo.