Author Topic: Make YOUR OWN Youtube/JTF videos  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Make YOUR OWN Youtube/JTF videos
« on: April 17, 2007, 09:14:18 PM »

If we start making our own videos, it will help spread the message while taking some of the burden off Chaim. All videos will end with a plug for JTF forum and website of course.

I don't know how to make them... I understand it involves some kind of "compression"  ???
I hear Allen-T does know how to make them. G-d willing on this thread, he'll teach us how.

It's time for the presidential candidates to meet the ideas of the JTF...

Allen-T wherever you are, please help us out.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
Re: Make YOUR OWN Youtube/JTF videos
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »
Yes, this is an excellent idea.

Chaim suggested this in response to lubab's question on this week's "Ask JTF". Chaim said on the program that there are many talented people in JTF who can make these videos themselves. Chaim simply cannot do any more than he is currently doing. Chaim needs help from JTFers who know how to speak.

Allen-T would be good not just to instruct people on how to do this, he would also be good as a spokesman on the videos. Have you seen his videos on klezmer music? He's an excellent spokesman.

lubab would be a good spokesman, and so would many other people here. jdl4ever spoke in the past about recording programs on Torah subjects. 

We can greatly increase our exposure during the presidential campaign if people become involved.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:42 PM »
Aside from Allen-T, kahaneloyalist also knows a lot about video recordings.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »
Please. Anyone who knows a good program. Please send me a message. I really want to do this.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Allen-T

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 05:47:43 AM »
I am open to any questions about this. I use a video editing software called Pinnacle studio 9.4 and I also use Windows Movie Maker. The Pinnacle software comes with what is called a capture device which is what gets the video signal from a VCR/DVD/camcorder into the computer. I am pretty sure if you are using Windows operating system and have Windows Movie Maker you can buy a compatible capture device and work with WMM. Now, here's a tip if you don't have a video camera and want to get into this for very little money. On ebay it is possible to buy old camcorders that are broken in the sense that the camera itself works, but the recording part is kaput. Look for such a camera, but make sure it is a model that has a audio/video OUTPUT line. These videocameras will cost like $20-$25 with shipping[I got mine for $10 plus shipping = $23!!]. How this works is the lens picks up the video, bypasses the broken recorder and outputs to your capture device and you record on the computer. This way you get a fairly good quality video recording for little investment. Any other questions I will answer to the best of my ability.     

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 07:35:51 PM »
What if you have a webcam? Can't the webcam make it directly on to your computer? If you do it this way will the qualify suffer greatly?

I'm also no so clear on how to get the video from your computer onto YouTube. Does it need to be in a particular format to upload it?

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Allen-T

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 07:52:54 PM »
What if you have a webcam? Can't the webcam make it directly on to your computer? If you do it this way will the qualify suffer greatly?

I'm also no so clear on how to get the video from your computer onto YouTube. Does it need to be in a particular format to upload it?

I think webcams are not such good quality, but maybe there are better ones. On the Youtube site you just click upload and follow the directions, it's easy. Youtube has a page where they tell you what type of files you can upload. They have to be 10 minutes or less and 100MB or less. When I render a 30 minute TBA it's like 600MB. I cut it into three parts at 200MB each. Then each part I put into Windows Movie Maker and convert it to a Windows Movie Maker file of 100 MB. That is the part that takes a long time, converting from 200 MB to 100 MB. The software I use to initially render with does not have the ability to make exact file sizes, only Small, Medium or Large. Medium is just a little too big, and Small is too small. That's what I like about WMM. You can experiment with faster ways to do this, but to get the best possible quality with what I have it takes some time. 

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »
Even if the video quality is not that great, I think it is worthwhile. Many videos on youtube are poor quality. We want to spread the message as much as possible. If lubab, judeanoncapta and others did programs, it could potentially spread our reach. There are instructions on youtube about how to do it. It can't be that difficult if blacks, Arabs and Muslims are doing it.

Videos on the presidential election, on Israel, on energy independence, on foreign aid, these are all good subjects. The more controversial subjects like exposing Islam should be left to Chaim. There is a certain risk in doing the more controversial topics, and Chaim has always been willing to take the risk because of his zealous devotion to the cause. But there is no need for others, especially if they have families, to take the risks that Chaim takes. Leave the dangerous topics to Chaim. Talking about politics, Israel, energy, border control, foreign aid - that's not dangerous. That is something that is debated all the time and we can all participate in the debate.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:03:21 PM by jsullivan »

Allen-T

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »
Even if the video quality is not that great, I think it is worthwhile. Many videos on youtube are poor quality. We want to spread the message as much as possible. If lubab, judeanoncapta and others did programs, it could potentially spread our reach. There are instructions on youtube about how to do it. It can't be that difficult if blacks, Arabs and Muslims are doing it.

Videos on the presidential election, on Israel, on energy independence, on foreign aid, these are all good subjects. The more controversial subjects like exposing Islam should be left to Chaim. There is a certain risk in doing the more controversial topics, and Chaim has always been willing to take the risk because of his zealous devotion to the cause. But there is no need for others, especially if they have families, to take the risks that Chaim takes. Leave the dangerous topics to Chaim. Talking about politics, Israel, energy, border control, foreign aid - that's not dangerous. That is something that is debated all the time and we can all participate in the debate.

Yes I agree. In fact recently I found a faster way to do the TBA shows bypassing the second WMM step I mentioned. It was acceptable quality, but for the TBA shows I choose to make them as good as possible[David mentioned he thought they could still be better]. Again, I'm here if I can help. 

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 06:19:04 PM »
I've made a few vids over the years, I'll let you see this one from home here.

I don't know how to take video shot from tape and download it on the computer so I use a 512 megabyte Memory card.

On my system I simply take the memory stick (card) place it in the receptacle on the tower and I save the video to a file (my videos).

From there I open "Windows movie maker" it should be already on your computer as well. I open up "my videos" file, (while movie maker is open as well) and simply drag the saved video into the windows movie maker. You can edit the video content as well. Cut out scenes you don't want splice them together or make them faster or slower. Once I've edited the video I save the project. Open up youtube, goto the download video button and the rest is just waiting for yt do download it. I've found it alot easier just do mainly speak without the audio, as the download time is alot faster and video and pictures take up alot of space. A 10 minute talk requires alot less memory than a 10 minute video and the uploading time is faster.

Another prog you may want to check into is "Mixcraft 3"  www.acoustica.com It's 50$ and worth ever cent. I use it to edit audio files, Mine or ones I find. It allows you to add echo, reverb and some other sound effects to really "set the audio off".

This is one of the live vids I shot using windows movie maker, it's grainy, but I made it that way on purpose.

The music was put in by me as well. You can really do alot, with some practice. If I can help in any way please let me know via email at [email protected]

Right now the opposing side are really alot better coordinated than "we" are. But with the help of JTF and this forum and Craig Winn stepping up too the plate with JTF, I really believe that things are going too  change. It may take some time, but change can happen. It must. Over the last 6 years I've seen the change  already, it's been somewhat slow at first but once the ball gets rolling, in my opinion it could really shake things up and get people to understand what we all face. For those that worry about the quality of the vids, that's understandable. But one has too crawl before you learn how to walk, and we aren't working on hollywood budgets. What is important is simply that the message gets out. People are desperate to hear the truth for a change and not the politically correct drivel the MSM is feeding us. Give the people what they want, It's that simple. One last thing, I'd be careful what is said in the vids. From my experiance on Paltalk, the other side can get away with alot, and dissenting voices are alot of times kicked off. I've heard Islamic sermons on paltalk talking about cutting heads from the back to the front of the neck, and  Jews and Christians are heavily censored on what we say. It's a tough line to walk but there are power in numbers.  G-d bless .

Jeff
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 10:56:57 AM »
There is a very simple way to get video onto the computer. Use Windows Movie Maker or IMovie for Mac, and get yourself a Firewire connection, hook it up to the computer and the VCR, Camera, or whatever, then Windows Movie Maker/IMovie for Mac can capture  the video directly to your hard drive. You dont need an external capture device.

As for editing software, my favorite is Final Cut Pro, its only for Mac but its pretty easy to use(for professional level software) and its very powerful.

Or if you have Windows and want professional level editing get Avid, though it would be extremely difficult for anyone to teach themselves Avid.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban