General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Conservatarian any investment or personal finance question

(1/3) > >>

Conservatarian:
But please, please, please don't ask me to predict the future. 
I haven't gotten my official 'Oracle' certification yet, but I'm working on it.

I can help with your 401k investments, stocks, bonds, CDs, small business retirement accounts,
whatever can be answered on this forum.  I can also discuss anything
related to stock market, risks, coin tossing, making decisions under uncertainty,
investor psychology, real estate investments, rent vs. buy, and anything else I haven't thought of.

For more detailed/private questions feel free to PM me. 

muman613:
Hi,

What brings you to JTF? Do you share our opinions on word events?

Conservatarian:
I share too many opinions.  I may chime in on certain topics such as self-defense and firearms, but
right now I believe I can offer some investment/financial advice on this forum for people some of whom may
be struggling financially on how to weather this (possibly long) recession.

There are many lessons in the Torah which teach us about prudent money management.
Until recently I've only been interested in the money part, but I've since found how modern math can actually furnish proof for some events described in Torah.

The first is the flood.  Noah did his homework.  He could have said, I've never seen
a flood that big, so I won't bother doing anything.  This right there is the first lesson.
The second example is Joseph and the Pharaoh.  Modern math actually tells us
that the water level of the Nile exhibits the kind of behavior described in the Torah,
that is, a long period of plenty can be followed by a long drought (this is actually
part of a well-known principle of scaling).  This has been proven
mathematically.  Joseph seemed to have known that, and even though this may not have happened in
his lifetime, his prudent management of resources was the reason Egypt prospered during
a long drought.  So whether its a big and sudden change, or a slow and long one,
these two lessons are very important in understanding how markets work.
This is my primary interest, and this is what I'd like to share with anybody who's interested.

Moshe92:
Are you a conservative and a libertarian? Is that what your username means?

Conservatarian:
I am a conservative in many ways. But in many ways I'm also a libertarian. Strong defense, weak government.
Strong morals but stay out of people's lives. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version