Author Topic: Pot legalization gains momentum in California  (Read 10715 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Pot legalization gains momentum in California
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 03:10:23 PM »
Every drug prescription or not have side effects so why not ban them too then since they might lead to hard drug use
Because with pot being made legal like cigarettes you won't need a prescription and have as much as you like.

You don't need a prescription for cigarettes or alcohol which are both many times more dangerous than pot... Even the potent pot...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 03:11:50 PM »
I like how here in NorCal there is medical marijuana stores. There are many very potent strains but I think this is a good thing. Also it is relatively easy to grow the stuff {I did this for myself about 10 years ago}...

Most of the people who go to the medical marijuana stores do not need it for medical reasons.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »
I like how here in NorCal there is medical marijuana stores. There are many very potent strains but I think this is a good thing. Also it is relatively easy to grow the stuff {I did this for myself about 10 years ago}...

Most of the people who go to the medical marijuana stores do not need it for medical reasons.

Do you live in America?

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »
Every drug prescription or not have side effects so why not ban them too then since they might lead to hard drug use
Because with pot being made legal like cigarettes you won't need a prescription and have as much as you like.

You don't need a prescription for cigarettes or alcohol which are both many times more dangerous than pot... Even the potent pot...

Yes that's true but they don't lead to other hard things like oh lets say (CRACK & SMACK).
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »

Do you live in America?
No, but as any logical person would assume that in most cases America or not, those stores aren't for the majority of people with a medical illness that they need pot. They are mainly junkies.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »

Do you live in America?
No, but as any logical person would assume that in most cases America or not, those stores aren't for the majority of people with a medical illness that they need pot. They are mainly junkies.

Those places you need a prescription and or a card that they can check to see if you are allowed to get the pot.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »

Do you live in America?

Those places you need a prescription and or a card that they can check to see if you are allowed to get the pot.
Ok I misinterpreted your last post sorry.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »

I'm all for it, take it further, legalize all drugs, let cocaine and heroin cost a nickel a hit, then the drek of society can quickly poison themselves to death and the rest of us won't have to deal with that scum.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »

I'm all for it, take it further, legalize all drugs, let cocaine and heroin cost a nickel a hit, then the drek of society can quickly poison themselves to death and the rest of us won't have to deal with that scum.

That is not the way of Torah. We must be socially responsible. But the negative impact of marijuana is negligable. At this time the laws regarding pot are being used for racist reasons. I know that I have been stopped with pot on me and I was let free because I am a white jew, while a black with a similar amount of weed on him has been taken in and locked up... I don't think this should be used for that purpose. I think that pot is not a dangerous drug like cocaine or heroine, and as a result the law should allow for it. But I don't think letting everyone do anything, even dangerous drugs, is a socially responsible idea.

The fact is pot is also not exactly kosher... Either is cigarettes or alcohol because they all have negative impact on the human body. Torah is for life and living and doing substances doesn't increase life, it often has negative impact.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »

Problem is that this drug-addled slime will wreak tons of crime and savagery on the rest of society before they die.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »
Look I was in high school and had 5 friends that we always hung out together. 2 used pot. They were more likely to vandalise, rob cars, pick fights etc. Anyone around my old estate that smokes pot turn out to be aggressive and/or drug dealers. Your saying that's ok?

The only reason they smoked pot was because they were troublemakers and pot was illegal. I know a friend who smokes pot, has a 97% average in high school, and is a really smart guy. He has a job, he's a junior in high school, he's even working out now and he still smokes pot. He doesn't agree that marijuana is a gateway drug because he personally believes that crack should be illegal and everybody who uses hard drugs should be put in jail. But he sees weed as a plant just like cigarettes.

Now let's get this over with and legalize it already. It's gonna happen when the younger generation takes over.

Let's legalize and tax the hell out of weed but throw any drug dealers in jail (increase sentences for marijuana dealers who are dealing without a license).

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
Look I was in high school and had 5 friends that we always hung out together. 2 used pot. They were more likely to vandalise, rob cars, pick fights etc. Anyone around my old estate that smokes pot turn out to be aggressive and/or drug dealers. Your saying that's ok?

The only reason they smoked pot was because they were troublemakers and pot was illegal. I know a friend who smokes pot, has a 97% average in high school, and is a really smart guy. He has a job, he's a junior in high school, he's even working out now and he still smokes pot. He doesn't agree that marijuana is a gateway drug because he personally believes that crack should be illegal and everybody who uses hard drugs should be put in jail. But he sees weed as a plant just like cigarettes.

Now let's get this over with and legalize it already. It's gonna happen when the younger generation takes over.

Let's legalize and tax the hell out of weed but throw any drug dealers in jail (increase sentences for marijuana dealers who are dealing without a license).
They weren't trouble makers before they used pot.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »
But the point is, did they use pot because they loved the feeling, or because it was illegal and they felt like they were making a statement against society.

But pot doesn't make you agressive. It makes you mellow and hungry. Millions of people in the world are smoking it as we speak and how many of those are stealing or fighting?

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
Wish I could be outraged by this, but I'm not. Hard to get incensed by a little Mary (no pun intended) when Bolshevik CA authorities are routinely letting murderous, raping schvartzes and other scum walk out of jail after a couple years or not charging them at all.

Shalom Bonesfan.....You bring up an excellent point. I am in full agreement with you.

There are far worse things like muslims taking over, criminals being let loose to commit more crimes, welfare to the lazy and illegals out of control, illegals not being sent back, and the list of horrors is endless.
Our State is ruined.

Shalom & G-d Bless you.....

Dox

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »
But you have the Terminator for governor! What can possibly go wrong when you hire a Hollywood actor who used steroids in bodybuilding competitions to run your whole state... :laugh:

Wait wut? :::D

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »
But the point is, did they use pot because they loved the feeling, or because it was illegal and they felt like they were making a statement against society.

But pot doesn't make you agressive. It makes you mellow and hungry. Millions of people in the world are smoking it as we speak and how many of those are stealing or fighting?
Because they loved the feeling, that's all they used to talk about how high it made them feel, eg. "I was smoke a spliff while joyriding. It feels better to do that high because it takes all the fear away of being caught".
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 05:11:16 PM »
This is a really bad idea and would cause even more decay. Whats the point of making it legal?

They could tax the hell out of it
So they don't care what could happen to society as long as they tax it?

A lot of people smoke pot because they think they are going against the law.
If they tax it the people might see it as cigarettes
But pot is much more dangerous than cigarettes as it makes you more aggressive and you are more likely to use heaver drugs. Sources: Life experience. Both my ex-friends and my cousin are now smack heads. They started using pot, then E, then crack and so on. You don't see most cigarette users going on hard drugs.

This is total BS... Pot is not a 'gateway drug' and I have known many who used it while attending university. It also doesn't make you aggressive, it makes you more mellow and less likely to be violent. I used it for almost 20 years and never had I become violent because of pot...

PS: Many more cigarette smokers are more violent than pot smokers..

Yes, Pot makes you melow and lazy.  which is why I cant touch it, since I'm already having issues with fatigue. 

HOWEVER, nearly every study ive seen shows that Pot does MUCH more severe damage to your brain, so you will probably live longer (Or as long) as a regular smoker, but at a major cost to your brain.

Nearly everyone I know who regularly smoked it for a long period of time has problems completing sentences.  Michael Medved decided one day to ONLY take callers who were regular potsmokers to promote marijuana legalization, and EVERY ONE OF THEM either mumbled or spoke really slowly and sounded confused.  This cant be a coincidence, and it went right along with what every other study shows.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »
This is a really bad idea and would cause even more decay. Whats the point of making it legal?

They could tax the hell out of it
So they don't care what could happen to society as long as they tax it?

A lot of people smoke pot because they think they are going against the law.
If they tax it the people might see it as cigarettes
But pot is much more dangerous than cigarettes as it makes you more aggressive and you are more likely to use heaver drugs. Sources: Life experience. Both my ex-friends and my cousin are now smack heads. They started using pot, then E, then crack and so on. You don't see most cigarette users going on hard drugs.

Irish, crack heads, meth addicts, and herion addicts steal jewelry, money, anything of value and whenever they can, some even rob banks or try to sell their babies on the net.

potheads buy twinkies and potato chips and junk food, then they sit on the couch to veg out and binge on their m&m's. I do not know of one person who smokes pot who has ever stolen anything and they are not crack heads, to the contrary they are golfers, real estate agents, engineers, office managers, etc. Some people that I know personally who smoke, live in homes, pays their bills and live normal lives and they do not allow the pot to bring them down, I think they use it to relax instead of drinking booze.

I do not advocate pot smoking for the record...I am only stating the facts. Now it is true that some people who smoked pot went on to heavier drug use, but their addictions came from using the heavier drugs. Here is one example....meth addicts become hooked on the second try of meth, and their chances of recovery are very slim. Same with herione and crack cocaine...they use it once or twice and become hooked. Pot addicts fall into 2 different categories, one is the stay at home and do nothing type, and the other is the working professional. Neither type of pot smokers are criminals.

I draw the line in saying that anyone who smokes pot should never be allowed to get behind the wheel of a car, driving under the influence of pot can be as deadly as drinking and driving due to the fact pot is a depressant and can affect one's ability to pay attention and react on time.

Shalom - Dox

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 05:13:23 PM »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:23:36 PM by Americanhero »

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »
On a somewhat related note, I know many people who take drugs to mellow themselves out... some take pot, some even take Xanex, and I have seen frigh tening changes in their cognitive abillity, especially people in their 40's and 50's.  Its a very sad story.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »
As I said before, drug effects are subjective... I also know people who are still working professionally and occasionally smoke... Just like everything else in life, moderation is important.

I don't think legalization will cause many problems.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 05:45:19 PM »

:::D

" wow man .... what's happening to me ? "

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2009, 06:06:44 PM »
בס''ד

1. Legalizing drugs does lead to increased drug use. Every European country that has legalized drugs now has a severe drug addiction problem which is much worse than it was when the drug was illegal. Legalization is like giving a stamp of approval to drug use and that greatly increases drug use among young people who have to decide whether to try it or not.

2. Marijuana is definitely a gateway drug for many people. Most heroin, cocaine, crack and meth addicts started with marijuana. The vast majority of recovering addicts will tell you that marijuana started them down the road to self-destruction. I personally met many hardcore junkies who started out smoking joints.

3. Even many people who do not take other drugs but only stay with marijuana become potheads. Potheads are marijuana addicts - yes, marijuana can be addictive. Again, I know quite a few people who ruined their lives with marijuana. They smoke several times a day and feel that they cannot function without it. They are constantly seeking more potent weed to get them high.

4. The fact that cigarettes and booze are also destructive does not justify increasing the destructive effects of marijuana. Because people are addicted to cigarettes and to alcohol, we should make marijuana an even bigger problem?

5. When Rudy Giuliani ordered the New York police to crack down even on the sale of small amounts of marijuana and to crack down on marijuana use, it was one of the factors that led to a dramatic drop in the city's crime rate.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2009, 06:14:48 PM »
Is there any study which shows this? I have seen the opposite of what you say. Not that I want to disagree with you but my first-hand observations are completely contrary to what you say.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
I think it depends on the person. Chances are that those addicted to crack/cocaine and other hard drugs likely had their start with marijuana. However, there are also a lot of people who are "potheads" or "extreme potheads" who are addicted to marijuana and cannot live a day without smoking but they will not try any other types of drugs.

In High School, I had a very good friend who was incredibly intelligent. He was the best math student perhaps in the entire school. He was also a very good athlete. However, he was very depressed and even suicidal at times because he was without his father. Eventually he tried marijuana and eventually became a pothead. He would skip class in order to go smoke marijuana. He would smoke it 4-5 times a day and never get tired of it. He became completely hooked. I tried everything I could to convince him to stop but he would not listen. In the end, his marks dropped and he barely graduated HS. Since then I've lost complete contact with him. He became very isolated, anti-social and paranoid. I'm pretty sure he tried cocaine, ecstacy and some of the other hard drugs but he was only interested in weed. It was good enough to destroy his life though because it helped him escape his depression.

I don't think marijuana is a gateway drug per se as in it makes you want to try other drugs but different people have different reactions. Someone who has smoked weed for a very long time or since they were young has probably tried a hard drug at least once in their lifetime.