Author Topic: Author: Attack by 'minions' proves 'Obama Nation'  (Read 723 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Author: Attack by 'minions' proves 'Obama Nation'
« on: October 21, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »
Even some of the mildest of criticisms is racist.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113494

Best-selling author and WND senior staff writer Jerome Corsi says the recent attacks by White House and media "minions" on Fox News and others, including some harsh descriptions of The Obama Nation author himself, simply prove a central contention of his book.

"Let's face it: the Obama White House is proving itself to be ideologically driven by the political far left, validating a central thesis of 'The Obama Nation,'" Corsi writes in a WND commentary today.

His assessment came after a series of writings attacked him personally for his work. Corsi suggests that it's part of a campaign by the White House and its "minion" media to attack those who challenge Obama.

(Story continues below)

Several White House officials in recent days have attacked Fox News, contending that it's not a news service but an arm of the Republican Party. Communications director Anita Dunn said, "Let's not pretend they're a news organization like CNN is."

As part of that, New York Times editorialist Eric Etheridge recently quoted a Newsweek column in which Jacob Weisberg wrote, "For literary coverage, it (Fox News) features the bigot Jerome Corsi's rants about Obama and John Kerry."

The writing followed that of the NewsHounds.us site, which mentioned Corsi's new book, "America for Sale," and then said: "What about the promotion of Jerome Corsi's book on Hannity recently? Was it just coincidence that Corsi gave an 'exclusive' interview to Hannity at the same time that Fox News flogged Corsi's new book? Isn't it just as propagandistic to promote a book as part of what's presented as a news interview as it is to talk about service in the plot of a television show?"

"This appears to be a coordinated effort by the White House and its surrogates in the mainstream media and on the Internet to strike back at me for writing 'The Obama Nation: Far Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality,' my No. 1 New York Times best-seller that I published during the 2008 presidential campaign," Corsi said.

"Even more disturbing, the attack seems to be an effort to scare Fox News from allowing me future appearances, not only on Sean Hannity's evening show, but also on Fox and Friends and the many other Fox News shows on which I have appeared over the past 5 years," he continued. "What ever happened to the First Amendment under the Obama administration?"

He said the use of the word "bigot" is an attempt to paint those who question Obama and his programs and policies as racists.

"Is it equally racist to applaud President Obama because he is the first U.S. president to be of African descent?" he wondered.

"By attacking Fox News for providing me air time to feature 'America For Sale,' the White House and its surrogates are proving once again that the Obama administration definition of journalistic 'truth' is perhaps best represented by 'Pravda,' the Soviet Russian ideological rag that ironically proclaimed 'Truth' as its name and banner," he wrote.

WND reported just a day earlier that WND also may be getting the president's cold shoulder. Once again, WND correspondent Les Kinsolving was denied an opportunity to ask any questions at the daily White House news briefing.

Kinsolving, the third-most senior White House beat reporter, working with press secretaries since Nixon had Ron Ziegler on that duty, says he's never been denied access as much as he has been in the past few months.

At yesterday's briefing, NBC was allowed six questions, ABC five and CBS, CNN, Bloomberg and CBS radio three each.

Like Fox News, which repeatedly has confronted the White House, WND has addressed unresolved issues, including twice at White House briefings when Kinsolving asked about the dispute over Obama's eligibility to hold office.

WND also reported just last weekend on a series of protests around the nation that targeted such media members.

"The press needs to be unbiased," Joe Sekola, an organizer of a group called the North Pinellas 9.12 Project, said. "You guys are the watchdogs."

Other "Can You Hear Us Now?" protests were reported in Phoenix, Portland, and dozens of other cities.

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt