Author Topic: White House Keeping Close Eyes On NJ Gov. Race  (Read 689 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
White House Keeping Close Eyes On NJ Gov. Race
« on: November 03, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »
A Corzine Loss Could Be Detrimental To President Obama, Who Has Stumped For The Incumbent Several Times

High taxes, high unemployment, and high stakes this Election Day. Voters are forced to make tough choices, with the most contentious race occurring in New Jersey in what's expected to be a tight race for the governor's chair.

The nation is watching the race where Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine is being challenged by Republican Chris Christie, a former U.S. Attorney, and independent Chris Daggett. The White House is paying close attention too. President Obama has come to New Jersey several times to stump for Corzine, knowing the outcome could indicate what voters think of his administration.

The incumbent has been criss-crossing the state with last-minute campaigning.

"I feel like we've got a lot of momentum to come from behind and I think we're still moving positively," he said.

Polls show the governor is in a tight race with Christie in a state that tends to vote for Democrats. Some say Daggett could spoil the face for Christie.

"I think now the voting is in the hands of the independents frankly," Daggett said.

Christie's been reaching out to disgruntled property owners across the state.

"We feel really good about the message we've given to the people of New Jersey. Today is the day for change. I think the public is ready for that," he said.

Many New Jerseyans are eager for change in a state where property taxes are causing so much unrest.

"I'm struggling to pay my rent. I couldn't stay in my house, I couldn't afford it, not with the taxes the way they were," said "Jeanie," a Paramus resident who withheld her last name.

Ken Torsland, a Vietnam vet, told CBS 2 he's voting Republican across the board, save for a Democrat who is a friend. It's a referendum, he says, on President Obama's administration.

"I think Democrats are showing a total disregard to what I hear from friends, family, and people who surround me," he said.

Other say they want to keep the status quo during tough economic times.

"I think Mr. Corzine is more equipped to handle it," one voter said.

The race for governor of New Jersey is one of three bitter battles the White House is monitoring. The other two are the race for governor of Virginia, and a duel for Congress in upstate New York.
http://wcbstv.com/local/corzine.christie.dagget.2.1289772.html

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: White House Keeping Close Eyes On NJ Gov. Race
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:35:50 PM »
The White House should be keeping an eye on the NJ Gov. Race since it is a very good indication of the shift in attitude towards Obama, his popularity, the Democratic Party, and the present failing Government.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 10:56:51 PM »
The White House should be keeping an eye on the NJ Gov. Race since it is a very good indication of the shift in attitude towards Obama, his popularity, the Democratic Party, and the present failing Government.

It looks like the Dems lost.  Im not 100% excited about the GOP winning, its just nice to see a crack in the Obama regime.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:58:59 PM »
A state that obama won in a landslide is going to the GOP. Just goes to show what a joke obam is
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 08:25:51 AM »

Looks like Sultan Obama had no  effect on NJ.
Goes to show that even some of the retarded Obama voters went the other way even though NJ is a lemming state
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 08:36:10 AM »

Looks like Sultan Obama had no  effect on NJ.
Goes to show that even some of the retarded Obama voters went the other way even though NJ is a lemming state
obama sultan of swing
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 07:04:54 AM »
This was an interesting outcome, because there were several respected political commentators who firmly believed that there was no way that Acorn, et al, would allow Obama to be embarrassed like that.  After all, would there be an easier place to steal an election than New Jersey?

This may be a good omen for the 2010 midterms, but I stand by my comment from months ago that the combined efforts of the news media, the maniacal left, and the brown horde will not permit Obama to be unseated in 2012.