Author Topic: Serbian Patriarch Pavle dies  (Read 3186 times)

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
Serbian Patriarch Pavle dies
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:52:34 AM »
BELGRADE --  The head of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC), His Holiness Patriarch Pavle, has died in Belgrade, it has been announced.
The patriarch passed away at 10:45 CET on Sunday, at Belgrade's military clinic VMA, where he had been treated since November 2007.

The bells of the Cathedral Church of St. Michael the Archangel are tolling today 15 minutes before each full hour to mark the passing.

The patriarch's body is expected to be moved to the Patriarchy in Belgrade during the day.

The Holy Synod is expected to meet on Monday morning.

Metropolitan Amfilohije confirmed the news, and said that the patriarch received his communion this morning, after which "his holy, Christ-loving heart stopped beating".

The spiritual leader of the Serbian Orthodox Christians was born in 1914 in what is today Slavonia, Croatia.

He became a monastic in 1948.

Nine years later, the Holy Assembly of Bishops elected Archimandrite Pavle as Bishop of Raška-Prizren.

In December 1990, Pavle was chosen as the 44th patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC), replacing the ailing Patriarch German.

The details of the patriarch's funeral ceremony are yet to be disclosed.

I'm afraid who the next Patriarch is going to be. He'll probably be Pope's pet.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: Serbian Patriarch Pavle dies
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:04:39 AM »

I hope nobody will succeed to enforce alien religion/ideology views on Serbian people. Even Turks failed to do it during their 500-year rule.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:30:57 AM »
BELGRADE --  The head of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC), His Holiness Patriarch Pavle, has died in Belgrade, it has been announced.
The patriarch passed away at 10:45 CET on Sunday, at Belgrade's military clinic VMA, where he had been treated since November 2007.

The bells of the Cathedral Church of St. Michael the Archangel are tolling today 15 minutes before each full hour to mark the passing.

The patriarch's body is expected to be moved to the Patriarchy in Belgrade during the day.

The Holy Synod is expected to meet on Monday morning.

Metropolitan Amfilohije confirmed the news, and said that the patriarch received his communion this morning, after which "his holy, Christ-loving heart stopped beating".

The spiritual leader of the Serbian Orthodox Christians was born in 1914 in what is today Slavonia, Croatia.

He became a monastic in 1948.

Nine years later, the Holy Assembly of Bishops elected Archimandrite Pavle as Bishop of Ra�ka-Prizren.

In December 1990, Pavle was chosen as the 44th patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC), replacing the ailing Patriarch German.

The details of the patriarch's funeral ceremony are yet to be disclosed.

Your guess is good and accurate.
Pavle died when Serbian President went to Vatican to bow down.He called the pope to visit Serbia even he knows that Orthodox Serbs won't eccept it.

Now,they have a clear path to install ecumenical,pro-EU,democratic "Patriarch",just like they did it in Russia when they brought the biggest supporter of ecumenism to be Russian Patriarch.My opinion is that new "Serbian Patriarch" is going to be Grigorije.He is one of the most loyal man to Vatican in our Church.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »

I hope nobody will succeed to enforce alien religion/ideology views on Serbian people. Even Turks failed to do it during their 500-year rule.
Turks were partially successful.They just did it and now we have 3 millions islamised Serbs in Bosnia as our enemies.

It is very possible that if the situation stays like this and Vatican continue to spread its occupying ideas in our Church,Serbian Orthodox Church might split up in the near future.

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 03:59:39 PM »
He was known among us Serbs as a "holy man who is walkin on this Earth". My heart is really sad for loosing such a great man and a christian. To me, it seems almost impossible to ever replace him with someone who was so devoted to God and to Serbs.
Vjecnaja Pamjat! (memory eternal)

Offline Jakov

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:15:44 AM »
Nek' mu je vecna slava.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
There were over 500.000 people who watched his funeral on the streets of Belgrade today. R.I.P.  :'(

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »
I just read about it...I am so very sad....
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 08:12:14 AM »
I didn't know who he was but I agree that this is very sad. I hope that a real right-winger who speaks the truth about Islam succeeds him.

Offline Srb

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 06:51:01 AM »
our greatest man, a man above all others, a man we will remember always, he will be always in our heart!