Author Topic: The Reason Why The Holocaust Happened  (Read 6444 times)

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
The Reason Why The Holocaust Happened
« on: November 17, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »
I think its disgraceful that Israel did’nt atom bomb europe back in 1948. It should be eye for eye tooth for tooth genocide for genocide!!!

But we must understand why the Holocaust happened in the first place because that question has made a lot of Jews atheists and atheist Jews going against the Torah were actually the whole reason why the Holocaust happened in the first place.

Bear in mind the Jews in europe were the most assimilated and intermarried Jews in the world. Nowadays Jews in America living the hellenistic/hedonistic lifestyle need to remember that and become baalei teshuva ASAP!!! Especially now there is a muslim (of all people!!!) in the white house.

Read Wayiqra Pereq Kaf Waw (Leviticus ch.26). You can read it with Rashi’s commentary on this excellent website –

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/9927/showrashi/true

Therein are the details of what Hashem said He will do to the Jews if they forsake His laws.

I highly recommend that every atheist Jew check out the lectures of Rabbi Amnon Yitzchak Shlita (he is an extremely charismatic speaker and he is actually a baal teshuva himself) –

Also check these videos out (BringersOfTruth is an extremely intelligent gentleman. I recommend everyone watch all of his videos!!!) –

Those 3 videos explain why the Holocaust happened.

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

http://www.youtube.com/user/SefardicPanther

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Reason Why The Holocaust Happened
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »
Yasher Koach!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
SP,

The important thing to learn from Vayikra is the following statements:

41. Then I too, will treat them as happenstance and bring them [back while] in the land of their enemies. If then, their clogged heart becomes humbled, then, [their sufferings] will gain appeasement for their iniquity,
42. and I will remember My covenant [with] Jacob, and also My covenant [with] Isaac, and also My covenant [with] Abraham I will remember. And I will remember the Land,
43. [For] the Land will be bereft of them, appeasing its sabbaticals when it had been desolate of them, and they will gain appeasement for their iniquity. This was all in retribution for their having despised My ordinances and in retribution for their having rejected My statutes.
44. But despite all this, while they are in the land of their enemies, I will not despise them nor will I reject them to annihilate them, thereby breaking My covenant that is with them, for I am the Lord their G-d.
45. I will remember for them the covenant [made with] the ancestors, whom I took out from the land of Egypt before the eyes of the nations, to be a G-d to them. I am the Lord.

It is these Pasuks which prove that Hashem will never turn away from the Jewish people, he will wait like a father for the remnants of the Children of Israel to return to him so that he will fulfill the promise he made to our patriarch Abraham.

The Tochacha is repeated twice in the Torah.... It is true that these curses have afflicted us because of the Jewish peoples turning away from Hashsem...

http://www.torah.org/learning/ravfrand/5756/kisavo.html
A Tale of Two Tochachas

Chaza"l in many places contrast the Tochacha of Parashat Ki Savo with that of Parashat Bechukosai [end of Leviticus, as above]. There is a significant difference between the two. At the end of the Tochacha of Parashat Bechukosai, the Torah ends the Curse with words of consolation: "And I will remember for them my covenant with Yacov, and even my covenant with Yitzchak, and even my covenant with Avraham I will remember, and I will remember the Land" [Vayikra 26:42].

The Tochacha in this week's Parashat Ki Savo, however, ends off on a terrible note. "The L-rd will return you to Egypt in boats along the path that I said to you 'You will no longer see it'; and you will be offered for sale to your enemies for slaves and handmaidens and no one will even want to buy you(v'ein koneh)." [Devorim 28:68]. That is how the Tochacha ends.

This is strange. At least the Tochacha in Bechukosai ends on a positive note. G-d promises us that He'll remember us. The Tochacha in Ki Savo ends with the ominous promise "You'll be sold and people won't even want to buy you".

The Zohar HaKodosh writes: "This question was asked in the study hall - how come the Tochacha in this week's Parasha has no consolation at the end and the Tochacha in the book of Vayikra has a consolation at the end?"

Rav Shimeon Bar Yochai provides an answer. The Tochacha in Sefer Vayikra needs a consolation, but the Tochacha of this week's Sedra needs no consolation, because included in the words of this week's Tochacha we already have the biggest comfort.

What is this big comfort? The Zohar HaKodosh explains that the Tochacha in Parashat Bechukosai contains the terrible words "And if you will walk with me out of happenstance (keri) so too I will walk with you in a wrath of happenstance (keri)" [Vayikra 26: 27-28]. My relationship to you, G-d tells the Jewish people, will be reciprocal. If you show no concern for My 'needs', I will show no concern for your needs. This week's portion, however, has the comforting expression "The L-rd will smite you..." [Devorim 28:27] - G-d Himself will smite you. This is this biggest consolation.

What is the Zohar HaKodosh saying? Rav Meir Bergman says that the worst thing that can happen to the Jewish people is that they can be left on their own. If Klal Yisroel, the Nation of Israel, acts as if the Ribono shel Olam [Master of the World] is not an integral part of their life, then the Ribono shel Olam's response will be "I'm going to step back and I'm going to let Teva (nature, statistics) take its course. Teva will take care of you." This is terrible. When that happens, the bond between G-d and Klal Yisroel is broken. There is no longer that closeness.

However, when the Ribono shel Olam 'smites,' even though it is a 'klap,' a smack - that in itself is a consolation, because at least we know that there is that relationship. Albeit it is a relationship of punishment, but it nevertheless is a relationship. Who feels more alone? The child who gets spanked when he misbehaves, or the child who has no father, Heaven forbid, to spank him?

The Tochacha in Bechukosai is the story of a people without a father, Heaven protect us; a father who stands in the background and lets whatever that happens, happen. The Tochacha of Ki Savo, however, is "The L-rd will Smite you" - I'll 'klap' you, but at least you will know that there is someone concerned and taking care of you. Hitting you, but taking care of you, nevertheless.

The Talmud says in Brachos [7b]. "A Psalm of David (Mizmor l'Dovid) when he was fleeing before Avsholom, his son". [Tehillim 3:1] The Gemara asks, should we call this a Mizmor (Psalm of praise) of Dovid? It should be called a Dirge of David (Kinah L'Dovid)! The Gemara answers that when G-d had prophesized to Dovid, "Behold I will raise up evil against you from the midst of your house" [Shmuel 2 12:11], Dovid feared that it would be a slave or a mamzer, but when he saw it was his own son, Avshalom, he was greatly relieved and said a Psalm to G-d.

Rabbi Yonason Eibshitz explains in his Yearos Dvash that for a slave or a Mamzer to rebel, that is Teva -- that's natural. The last thing Dovid HaMelech [The King] wanted was that his relationship with G-d would be a Teva relationship, subjecting him to the whims and statistics of nature. However, if his own son rebels, it is apparent that the punishment came from the 'Hand of G-d'. The fact that G-d Himself is doing the punishing, Himself, is the biggest consolation and source of comfort.

That is why Chaza"l tell us that the Tochacha of Parashat Ki Savo needed no consolation. Since it was clear that G-d, Himself, was administering the punishment, we need no consolation. The Tochacha of Vayikra, however, where G-d 'steps aside' and lets nature take its course, needs consolation.

The Kotzker Rebbe, zt"l, once said that the month in which the most tragedies befell the Jewish people is called, of all things, the month of "Av" (father). The Kotzker explained that from a smack, one can recognize a father. From our extraordinary national tragedies we have built-in consolation -- we know we still have a Father in Heaven who is concerned with our behavior.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 05:50:11 PM »
http://www.shemayisrael.com/rabbiforsythe/holocaust.htm

We are told, for instance, that if we abandon G-d and His Torah, He will abandon us. We will not have rain or crops. We will lack food to such a serious extent that mothers will have to eat their babies. The sky above us and the earth under us will be as metal. We will be so sick and terrified that when it is day we will wish it to be night and when it will be night we will wish it to be day. Others will take and dwell in our homes. Enemies will sweep down on us like an eagle (a symbol of the Nazis was the eagle) and conquer and kill and brutalize us. Those who survive will be faint and pine away from what they experience. The sound of a shaken leaf will terrorize us. We will have no power, no where to go and no one to turn to or save us. G-d will hide Himself from us and destroy our cities. We will farm, bake, raise animals and do work, and others, and not us, will reap the benefits. Life will be in doubt and our hearts will tremble. We will marry women but others will lie with them. Few of our enemies will chase thousands of us. Hashem will cut us down and cast about our carcasses on the idolatry which they left Hashem for. Animals and birds will eat the carcasses and no one will chase them away. Hashem will make our sanctuaries and land desolate. We will be stricken with serious disease, injury, confusion, failure and insanity. If we have crops or materialism, it will be cursed. Our coming and going will be cursed. Whatever we do will be destroyed. We will be killed by our enemies, we will flee in many directions from them and be a horror to the nations of the world. Many of us will be destroyed and few in number will remain. These Torah statements describe the Holocaust.

In the Aseress HaDibros ("Ten Commandments"), G-d tells us that He will wait for up to four generations for those who leave Torah, and for their descendants who continue abandonment of it. A Biblical generation is forty years, so four generations is 160 years. The reform movement started IN GERMANY 160 years before the beginning of World War Two. Jews left Torah in droves so that there were only a small minority who remained frum in Germany by the onset of the war. The Reform Jews abandoned and ridiculed Yiddishkeit. A favored expression was, "Be a Jew in the home and a man on the street."

The Meshech Chochma (a commentary on the Torah written about 1870) wrote on the tochacha in Leviticus that German unreligious Jewry was making Germany and its culture their idolatry, and it was making Berlin for them what Jerusalem is to Torah Jewry, and that the punishments written in the Torah will come against them from Berlin for their defection from Torah and its commandments. The unreligious German Jew stood by his belief in the culture, civilization and alleged progress of Germans. Hashem cut them down and cast their carcasses on the idolatry which they left Hashem for!

The midrash says that during the ninth plague in Egypt (thick darkness), 80 percent of the Jewish people died. This was because they were satisfied with the culture, convenience and civilization of Egypt. They had no wish to be the people of the Torah. G-d, therefore, had no wish to have anything to do with them. They died in Egypt during the days of darkness. By the onset of World War Two, 80% of European Jewry was no longer religious. This matches the midrash. Eighty percent seems to be a "breaking point" in population, while 160 years is a "breaking point" in time. Those who converted, intermarried or denied Yiddishkeit were fooled. Hitler declared death for anyone who was one-eighth Jewish (one great-grandparent). This is especially chilling because this means a person of the FOURTH generation would be killed for his and his ancestors' attempt to flee G-d and Torah!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »
It's best not to wonder "Why Hashem does things." We'll never fully understand.

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »
We must explain why the Holocaust happened. I felt obligated to make this post after reading the posts of an atheist Jew on this forum who said that reading about the Holocaust distanced him from Judaism. I want people like him to understand that such an attitude will only make things worse for themselves.

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
We must explain why the Holocaust happened. I felt obligated to make this post after reading the posts of an atheist Jew on this forum who said that reading about the Holocaust distanced him from Judaism. I want people like him to understand that such an attitude will only make things worse for themselves.

I understand the reasons, but as a side note, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to truly comprehend anything Hashem does.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 12:27:32 AM »

I understand the reasons, but as a side note, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to truly comprehend anything Hashem does.

But the Torah allows us to understand what he is saying to us... I dont think there is any argument about the Tochacha, that it implies that when the Jewish people turn away from Hashem, he will recipricly turn away from the Jewish people, and he will bring us lower and lower , generation after generation until we are nearly destroyed. There is no argument about it.... We recite this in the Shema 3 times a day....

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 10:52:36 AM »

But the Torah allows us to understand what he is saying to us... I dont think there is any argument about the Tochacha, that it implies that when the Jewish people turn away from Hashem, he will recipricly turn away from the Jewish people, and he will bring us lower and lower , generation after generation until we are nearly destroyed. There is no argument about it.... We recite this in the Shema 3 times a day....

The Holocaust may not have been a punishment for that or for anything. Could have been anything.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 01:11:12 PM »

The Holocaust may not have been a punishment for that or for anything. Could have been anything.

I agree.  At the same time, it is good to take a positive lesson from something even if it wasn't the real "reason" or "explanation" of the thing.  At the end of the day, that's all we can do with anything that happens in our lives.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

I agree.  At the same time, it is good to take a positive lesson from something even if it wasn't the real "reason" or "explanation" of the thing.  At the end of the day, that's all we can do with anything that happens in our lives.
Yes.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
Using Leviticus as an explanation for the Holocaust causes some strange feelings inside me. Knowing that there were so many believing and religious Jews who died principally in Poland makes me think if this is really the explanation. Maybe it is also because quranimals love to use Leviticus as an excuse to their wish to wipe out Judaism. As they say "G-d commanded already in the OT, that Muslims must wipe the Jews out of Eretz-Yisrael and punish them for being the way they are.
Also I cannot imagine that in those days Jews made Berlin their new Jerusalem. It is true that Berlin had on of the busiest and bustling Jewish communities in the world. But wasn't it due to the huge number of Jews living there?
I cannot accept someone saying that HaShem sent all this evil to punish Jewry in Europe. BUT: On the other hand I always wonder why the Holocaust could be POSSIBLE - and it is also hard to believe that a simple bad dictator and his adherents had so much "success" in their goal to almost wipe Judaism in Europe.
"
I think its disgraceful that Israel did’nt atom bomb europe back in 1948. It should be eye for eye tooth for tooth genocide for genocide!!!
"

This is a stupid comment. If HaShem had wanted Israel to do it, it would have happened. If you  thought a bit more about your comments, then you would know the anwers on your own:

-Israel was busy defending itself from Muslims.
-Israel by that time had no nukes.
-Israel was not in a position to do so (neither is it today).
-Israel needed Europe in order to survive as a nation, if it had bombed Europe, they would have surely lost the war and then the Israel dream had been over.
-If you really believe that HaShem sent down the holocaust to punish the decadent Euro-Jewry, so why should he want the Jews to act "an eye for an eye"? Would they have punished HaShem for this "punishment" received?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 01:10:24 AM »
The holocaust was a pre-punishment for our generation. Look at Israel now. How much of the population is actually religious? It's sick. Of all places you'd expect ISRAEL to follow Torah.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 01:47:48 AM »
It is important to try to understand the concept "Why the righteous suffer and the wicked prosper?". I have listened to this topic many times and study it when I can. We don't really understand the big picture of world events. The Jewish people, and all of humanity, can only comprehend a little slice of the big picture. We cannot understand why certain events happen. I cope with this concept every day because when I think of my brother, and I realize that he was taken at such a young age, by such evil people. But there is a reason for it although I am unable to really comprehend it. We learn that at the end of days, in the post-messianic times, we will all understand why each catastrophe had to happen. This understanding of why the holocaust happened will seem clear as day.

I believe it when I say the Shema, which I will quote the second pasuk here:

13 And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto My commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your G-d, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul,  14 that I will give the rain of your land in its season, the former rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.  15 And I will give grass in thy fields for thy cattle, and thou shalt eat and be satisfied.  16 Take heed to yourselves, lest your heart be deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;  17 and the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and He shut up the heaven, so that there shall be no rain, and the ground shall not yield her fruit; and ye perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD giveth you.  18 Therefore shall ye lay up these My words in your heart and in your soul; and ye shall bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.  19 And ye shall teach them your children, talking of them, when thou sittest in thy house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.  20 And thou shalt write them upon the door-posts of thy house, and upon thy gates;  21 that your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, upon the land which the LORD swore unto your fathers to give them, as the days of the heavens above the earth.

http://www.learnhebrewprayers.com/special/shema.html

This doesn't mean that we are cursed or destined to be slaughtered. We Jews must look at our situation and what Torah says we should be striving to be. We need to make the rectification of our own lives to be more aware of Hashem in our lives. If we can do these things I believe that all Jews, even some who are far from us now, will come back and embrace the Jewish heritage. But I think we are in critical times. We just may loose a considerable portion of the Jewish people to the ravages of the Exile.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 01:56:01 AM by muman613 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:23:34 AM »
The holocaust was a pre-punishment for our generation. Look at Israel now. How much of the population is actually religious? It's sick. Of all places you'd expect ISRAEL to follow Torah.

A "pre-punishment" ?  That makes no sense.

We believe that we have free will.   So how can there be a punishment for transgression not yet committed.  This violates the foundations of Jewish belief.   Please consult the Rambam.

I don't know what they are feeding you in your yeshiva, but please do not get carried away.   It sounds like their hashkafot are all twisted if this is what you're learning there.    Despite what they might be telling you there, chilonim eating shwarma in Israel are not the root of all the world's problems.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 10:30:25 AM »

We believe that we have free will.   So how can there be a punishment for transgression not yet committed.  This violates the foundations of Jewish belief.   Please consult the Rambam.

I don't know what they are feeding you in your yeshiva, but please do not get carried away.   It sounds like their hashkafot are all twisted if this is what you're learning there.    Despite what they might be telling you there, chilonim eating shwarma in Israel are not the root of all the world's problems.
Not in Yeshiva now and I never learned anything like that. I wasn't stating a fact, I was just making a point at how stupid Israel is today. But you're wrong. Jews not following Torah ARE the root of all the world's problems. Whenever Jews sin, the world suffers.

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »

Need I remind you it was Jewish brain power that invented the Atom bomb. I’m sure there were some good scientists in Israel that could have managed it if they put their minds to it. Anyway they should have leveled europe when they finally did invent Jericho missles. 

-Israel needed Europe in order to survive as a nation

BS!!! Israel is G-d’s country and needs no one!!!

-If you really believe that HaShem sent down the holocaust to punish the decadent Euro-Jewry, so why should he want the Jews to act "an eye for an eye"? Would they have punished HaShem for this "punishment" received?

If someone murders a bunch of people in cold blood should they get capital punishment or since everything is G-d’s will should they be pardoned? If we think like that no justice would ever be done. If anyone starts a war with us we must kill them or be killed. My point is why did europe rise up aginst us in the first place?

We have to understand the reason for this!! Why worship a god who turns the whole world against us and genocides us for absolutely no reason!? Bear in mind the Jews in russia and the Jews in the muslim countries were extremely loyal to the Torah. They never had a so called “reform” movment and they did’nt intermarry and assimilate in huge numbers and the Holocaust never affected them. Please watch the 3 videos I linked in my initial post above. They explain the whole thing a lot better than I can.

Also read this article –

http://www.puretorah.com/resources/G-d%20and%20the%20Holocaust%20(Rabbi%20B.%20Shafier).pdf

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »
I have never heard any idea about 'pre-punishment' and KWRBT is correct that there is a principle that we can only be punished for what we do personally, or we can be punished collectively as the Jewish people.... An example of this is the fact that Ishmael was saved in the desert when he was near death by a miracle. The angels were shocked because they knew that Ishmaels descendants would be evil arabs and yet he was not punished for what his descendants would become... This is the basis for the principle that we cannot be punished now for what will happen in the future.

But there is the concept of a curse lasting for three or four generations... I am not sure if that is what mo is referring to.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 11:06:17 AM »
SP,

I love Rabbi Bentzion Shaffier.... I got an automated call last Monday from him to tell me about his new book. I also listen to his Schmuzim each week... He also now has a show on A7...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »
Remember from the 13 attribute the following:

Hashem, Hashem, Omnipotent, Merciful and Kind, Slow to Anger, with tremendous [abundance of] kindness and truth. He remembers deeds of love for thousands [of generations], forgiving mistakes, rebellion, and error. He does not clear [the unrepentant], but keeps in mind the mistakes of the fathers to their children and grandchildren, to the third and fourth generation. (Shemos 34:6-8)

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »

Need I remind you it was Jewish brain power that invented the Atom bomb. I’m sure there were some good scientists in Israel that could have managed it if they put their minds to it. Anyway they should have leveled europe when they finally did invent Jericho missles. 

-Israel needed Europe in order to survive as a nation

BS!!! Israel is G-d’s country and needs no one!!!

If someone murders a bunch of people in cold blood should they get capital punishment or since everything is G-d’s will should they be pardoned? If we think like that no justice would ever be done. If anyone starts a war with us we must kill them or be killed. My point is why did europe rise up aginst us in the first place?

We have to understand the reason for this!! Why worship a G-d who turns the whole world against us and genocides us for absolutely no reason!? Bear in mind the Jews in russia and the Jews in the muslim countries were extremely loyal to the Torah. They never had a so called “reform” movment and they did’nt intermarry and assimilate in huge numbers and the Holocaust never affected them. Please watch the 3 videos I linked in my initial post above. They explain the whole thing a lot better than I can.

Also read this article –

http://www.puretorah.com/resources/G-d%20and%20the%20Holocaust%20(Rabbi%20B.%20Shafier).pdf

Don't you think Europe punished and is still punishing itself enough? It is full of self-hating people bowing down before an ever growing mob of muslim and African immigrants, being treated like scum in their own countries and being shut up in order to not provoke any terror being carried out in their countries. The same goes for the USA and Canada.
There is no nukes needed for such things. Leave it all to G-d, since I think he has his own ways to pay everything back. He is patient. And I think the punishment is still to come.
    I only fear that another punishment is approaching Israel as well. Why does Israel host gay parades, offers space for pagan cult and obviously leaves land to people who do oppose Judaism in every single point? Such things can be tolerated in many places of the World but not and no way in Israel?! How can the most important and essential rules and commandments of Judaism be broken in such an aggressive way? I think Jews who want to live a "modern" life in sin should look for other places to do so in order to keep Israel clean. Israel is a state for Jews but no Jewish State! It is completely secular (which itself is not the root of all evil) and just promotes a decadent Roman way of life and even DISCRIMINATES orthodoxy and conservative Judaism! Do you think Israel can be save forever in such a state?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »

Not in Yeshiva now and I never learned anything like that. I wasn't stating a fact, I was just making a point at how stupid Israel is today. But you're wrong. Jews not following Torah ARE the root of all the world's problems. Whenever Jews sin, the world suffers.

But history has already happened.  So a Jew sinning today cannot be the cause of suffering that happened 200 years ago.  We get reward and punishment based on what we do.   

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
No, I just posted something out of anger with no source. Although we hear about rewards people get in the present when their ancestors will do good in the future.