Author Topic: Mass Murderer Kills Entire Family at Thanksgiving Dinner; Appear To Be An Arab  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Six Shot, Four Dead at Palm Beach County Thanksgiving Gathering

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-jupiter-fatal-shootings-112709-20091127,0,7076341.story

This primitive Arabian creature (Paul Merhige) killed four of his own family members at a Thanksgiving dinner owing to a "long-standing resentment". Killed were a six-year-old girl as she slept and the turd world Mudslamic wonder's own twin sisters and aunt. The husband of one of his sisters was also gravely injured and may not survive.

Let me guess--the "resentment" he had against his family (which is typical politically-correct doublespeak) came from Paul's sisters not wearing the burqa and the little girl's ankles showing as she slept.

Just disgusted beyond words. How many people will die before people wake up?

Dr. Brennan Fan

Quote from: Orlando Sentinel
Six shot, four dead at Palm Beach County Thanksgiving gathering
By Eliot Kleinberg and Bill DiPaolo, The Palm Beach Post
1:42 p.m. EST, November 27, 2009

JUPITER - Federal marshals and law enforcement officers from Jupiter to southern Miami-Dade County are searching today for Michael Merhige, a 35-year-old Miami-area man who police say shattered a family Thanksgiving dinner in Jupiter.

Merhige fatally shot his twin sisters and his 76-year-old aunt, injured two other relatives and killed his 6-year-old niece as she slept in her bed.

"G-d packed a lot of sweetness into that little body," Jim Sitton, shaken and ashen, told reporters this morning.

The photographer for WPTV-Ch. 5 found himself on the other side of the camera in the worst way. Merhige was his brother-in-law. The shootout occurred in his home. Lisa Knight — who was pregnant — and Carla Merhige, both 33, were his sisters, according to the station's web site.

And Makayla was his only child.

Merhige, who as a Miami-area teen had been a top scholar and athlete at the prestigious Gulliver Preparatory School, is believed armed and dangerous, Jupiter police said.

Seventeen invited friends and relatives, including Merhige, were packed into the home at 104 Via Veracruz, near Military Trail and Indiantown Road.

"It was discovered the suspect did in fact have ongoing resentment toward several family members within the residence," police said in a release. "At some point, the suspect exited the residence and returned a short time later. As he stood inside the residence, he began shooting the victims without warning."

Police said Merhige killed the child and the sisters and aunt Raymonde Joseph, and injured Lisa Merhige's husband, Patrick Knight, 37, and a cousin, Clifford Gebara, 52.

There's no immediate word on the condition of the two injured men, who both are at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach.

A man who looked like Merhige drove toward the Sitton home about 5:30 p.m. Thursday, said Carole Turano, a neighbor who was walking her dog.

"He looked confused. We saw him drive up to the house. I recognized the photo when I saw him on television," Turano said.

Merhige, who lives in the Kendall area southwest of Miami, fled in a blue 4-door Toyota with Florida tag W42 7JT, police said.

State records show he had only one arrest, for misdemeanor disorderly conduct in Miami-Dade County in 1998, and underwent pretrial diversion.

Police have not determined how many shots were fired Thursday night.

"We have determined it was a handgun by the shell casings," Jupiter Police Spokesman Scott Pascarella said.

"I heard three quick shots. Shortly after, I heard the police cars and the helicopters," said Vera Armstrong, who was house-sitting for her daughter about three houses away from the salmon-colored, barrel-tiled Sitton home. "I called my daughter and she said, 'Oh no, don't tell me it was Makayla.'"

This morning, authorities began to gather evidence inside the home after waiting most the night for a search warrant.

Jupiter police had raced to the home just after 10 p.m. after getting numerous 911 calls, Pascarella said.

The first call to 911 came from neighbors who heard gunfire, the second from within the home.

JUPITER - "Then we heard all the helicopters," said neighbor Fran Labossiere, referring to the Trauma Hawk aircraft that delivered the victims to St. Mary's. "And all the police cars. It was scary."

The Red Cross' disaster team will provide lodging for the family through the weekend. The organization got the call at 2 a.m. and representatives were on site until 8 a.m.

"The family was tired and cold and couldn't go back home," said Anne Kazel-Wilcox, of the Red Cross. "Everyone was shaken up."

Sitton and his wife Muriel, 48, were not shot.

He is a winner of several Emmy awards, including one collected with Muriel, then a Channel 5 producer, in 1995. The two married in 2000 at The Breakers in Palm Beach. Wednesday was their ninth wedding anniversary.

"All of us here at WPTV are stunned and saddened," WPTV vice president and general manager Steve Wasserman said in a statement posted on the station's website. "Jim Sitton is a much beloved member of our news team."

Neighbors recalled a wide-eyed, polite young girl who loved dogs. Her parents recently bought her a King Charles Spaniel named Abby. Makayla was set to perform today in The Nutcracker at the Eissey Campus Theater at Palm Beach Community College's Palm Beach Gardens campus.

"She loved ballet. She was so thrilled because this was the first time she was able to participate in The Nutcracker," said Colleen Smith, artistic director of the Classical Ballet Theater.

"She was a delightful little girl. She was luminous," Smith said. "She never complained and always said, 'Thank you.' Makalya was always smiling and tried to make the other children feel better. She was such a dear child."

Jackie Feldman, who lives in the neighborhood of new, well-trimmed homes near Jupiter High School, said, "I just talked to her two days ago. When we moved here two years ago, Makayla and her parents came right over to welcome us. What a wonderful family."

Feldman said the little girl was home-schooled. She said the families often talked, particularly about their daughters who were close in age and their dogs, who shared a given name: Abby.

"I don't understand how a person could shoot a little girl while she was lying in her bed," Feldman asked this morning. "What could possibly be so wrong in your life that you would do that?"

Palm Beach Post staff writers Sonja Isger, Kevin D. Thompson and John Lantigua, and staff researcher Niels Heimeriks, contributed to this story.

And already, the sheik-owned media is already advance the argument that this creature was "mentally ill". Gee, I wonder why they would do that. My guess is that the police have already found every one of the Hadith books in his apartment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-jupiter-shooting-suspect-profile-20091127,0,7731947.story

Quote from: Orlando Sentinel
Handyman: Paul Merhige a 'conflictive person'
By John Lantigua, The Palm Beach Post
2:16 p.m. EST, November 27, 2009

MIAMI - Paul Michael Merhige, the man police think killed four and wounded two at a family Thanksgiving dinner in Jupiter, has a history of mental problems and suicide attempts, according to a handyman who worked for his family.

Luis Sanchez, 56, who works for many families in the neighborhood, said he had worked for the Merhiges for at least six years and knew them very well.

"In fact, I was going to call them yesterday to wish them 'Happy Thanksgiving,' but I didn't do it," he said.

Sanchez said only Mehrige's parents, Michael and Carole, lived in the house, and the three children, Lisa Knight, Carla Merhige and Paul Merhige, often visited.

"A friend of mine called this morning to tell me about this and I said that can't be true," said Sanchez, who is originally from Peru. "But he said it was. I began to cry and then I began to pray. In don't understand what happened.

"They are wonderful people," he said of the parents. "The fact is with this they have lost all three of their children all at the same time and I can't imagine how painful that must be for them. The fact that the twin sisters came into life together and then died on the same day too; my G-d!"

Merhige was an honors student at the University of Miami in the early 1990s, joining the school's Alpha Lambda Delta honor society, according to Miami Herald archives.

At the Gulliver Preparatory Academy, he was a top scholar on the national Advanced Placement test and graduated with a 5.16 grade point average. He also earned scholarships while on the football team, kicking a winning 45-yard field goal in September 1991 to beat rival Westminister Christian, and played on Gulliver's baseball team as well.

In 1986, the Miami Herald reported, Merhige, then an 11-year-old catcher, was one of 16 players from three South Florida Khoury Leagues to play a series of games in Japan.

Today, Sanchez called Paul Merhige "a conflictive person."

He said he had done work for Paul at his apartment in nearby Coral Gables.

Merhige's sister, Lisa Knight, joined Coldwell Banker Real Estate as a Realtor-Associate in August 2007, according to her page on the Linkedin business social network. She previously worked for Miami-Dade County courts before obtaining her MBA from from the University of Miami.

"Lisa is truly a gifted person with the talent to make anyone around her smile," Jackye Clayton, who had worked with Lisa Knight, said on a Linkedin recommendation. "She is smart, honest and loyal. I have never met someone so brave with such poise and grace."

Sanchez said Merhige's other sister, Carla Merhige, worked for the county, possibly in foster care.

He said he last saw Paul about five days ago at the parents' house but sensed no problems between them.

Sanchez said he was told by his clients in the neighborhood that police started knocking on doors on the street at about 5:30 a.m. Friday.

"I guess they were looking for Paul."

No Florida public records indicate Merhige has been involuntarily committed.

Under Florida law, anyone with a history of being involuntarily committed to a mental institution, or judged incompetent or mentally defective, is barred from obtaining a firearm permit.

But the law is silent about people voluntarily treated for mental illness.

Staff writers Eliot Kleinberg and Stacey Singer, staff researcher Niels Heimeriks, and staff database editor Christine Stapleton contributed to this story.

Paul Michael Merhige, yimach schmo vezichro

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
where does it say he's an arab?

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Well it's no surprise. This is what you get when you bring Muslims and Arabs into your country. It happened in Europe and it's happening in America. 
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Bones appears to be correct this link isn't to suspect but to another person with the same name who is Lebanese 

http://www.goldishack.net/livefrombeirut/press.html 

BALTIMORE -- The first 150 American evacuees from war-torn Lebanon arrived in their home country this morning at BWI Airport, telling stories of frantic attempts to get out, of anger and of fear and guilt over those they had left behind.

"We lived through four nights of bombing, intense bombing. We lived through horror ... Just get out alive -- that was it," said Tom Charara, 50, an aerospace engineer from Long Beach, Calif., who was in southern Beirut with his wife, Rola, and their two children to visit his wife's parents.

"My dad is very sick. I think it was my last chance to say goodbye to him," said Mrs. Charara, 38, choking back tears. "I didn't see him before I left. I didn't even get a chance to give him a hug."

David Merhige, a musician from New York City who was visiting relatives for a wedding in Beirut, was one of the first evacuees off the first plane arriving at Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International at 6:30 a.m. Most of the evacuees had not showered in days.

A few minutes after 7 a.m., Mr. Merhige walked toward a large gaggle of reporters. He held a copy of the Daily Star, a Lebanese English-language newspaper, above his head.

The headline said, "The Ruin of a Nation" above a picture of bombed-out ruins in Lebanon.

Holding up the paper, Mr. Merhige, 39, said Lebanon "was incredible, before it looked like this." He called the Israeli bombings "crimes" and said he felt "horrible" about leaving behind relatives.

About 800 American evacuees are expected to arrive through Saturday on up to eight flights. The second flight is expected to land around midnight tonight.

Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. yesterday opened BWI as a repatriation center for Americans fleeing Lebanon, in response to a request from the federal government.

The flights are part of a mass U.S. evacuation from Lebanon, where Israel is attacking the terrorist organization Hezbollah. About 8,000 of the 25,000 Americans in Lebanon are seeking to evacuate.

Evacuees were guided through U.S. Customs to a help center, where state officials had computers and phones available for them to communicate with family or friends. After an hour, most of the 150 evacuees were headed for connecting flights or had left with family or friends.

The Chararas were in Beirut for 11 days before they found a way out, on a Norwegian cargo ship packed with 1,110 other passengers, mostly Dutch. Mrs. Charara, born and raised in Lebanon, spoke to her father as they rushed to leave.

"I told him, 'I'm leaving.' He said, 'That's a good choice.' And then I got disconnected," said Mrs. Charara, with a blue blanket draped over her shoulders and sipping coffee. "I felt guilty ... Because I have an American passport, I have the right to live?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:15:55 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
like it isn't obvious

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
like it isn't obvious

its not obvious at all.  Merhige doesn't look like an arabic name.  The guy doesn't look like an arab.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
like it isn't obvious

its not obvious at all.  Merhige doesn't look like an arabic name.  The guy doesn't look like an arab.

Looks can be deceving. Arabs can look like Europeans.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
like it isn't obvious

Arabs can also look like Israelis.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
like it isn't obvious

That too.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
like it isn't obvious

That too.
There's a really funny family guy clip about that but couldnt find it.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Sickening.  By the way... there are many Lebanese in America who are Christian..... but in this case... I doubt it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
There are also many Lebanese and other Arab so-called "Christians" who behave like and fully support the Muslims.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Perhaps once the Lebanese so-called Christians migrate to west, they start getting the grand muslamic ideas. 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
this guy looks and also has a cuban last name...and look it happened in miami florida...home of cubans....who by the way are by and large good people but also have their share of drek

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
Cubans are good people? Hmmmmm
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
this guy looks and also has a cuban last name...and look it happened in miami florida...home of cubans....who by the way are by and large good people but also have their share of drek
The Cubans that came here during the 50's and 60's were  far different from the ones that Castro let leave in the 80's. Castro screwed America royally by clearing out his prisons and mental hospitals and sending the people here.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Bones appears to be correct this link isn't to suspect but to another person with the same name who is Lebanese 

http://www.goldishack.net/livefrombeirut/press.html 

BALTIMORE -- The first 150 American evacuees from war-torn Lebanon arrived in their home country this morning at BWI Airport, telling stories of frantic attempts to get out, of anger and of fear and guilt over those they had left behind.

"We lived through four nights of bombing, intense bombing. We lived through horror ... Just get out alive -- that was it," said Tom Charara, 50, an aerospace engineer from Long Beach, Calif., who was in southern Beirut with his wife, Rola, and their two children to visit his wife's parents.

"My dad is very sick. I think it was my last chance to say goodbye to him," said Mrs. Charara, 38, choking back tears. "I didn't see him before I left. I didn't even get a chance to give him a hug."

David Merhige, a musician from New York City who was visiting relatives for a wedding in Beirut, was one of the first evacuees off the first plane arriving at Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International at 6:30 a.m. Most of the evacuees had not showered in days.

A few minutes after 7 a.m., Mr. Merhige walked toward a large gaggle of reporters. He held a copy of the Daily Star, a Lebanese English-language newspaper, above his head.

The headline said, "The Ruin of a Nation" above a picture of bombed-out ruins in Lebanon.

Holding up the paper, Mr. Merhige, 39, said Lebanon "was incredible, before it looked like this." He called the Israeli bombings "crimes" and said he felt "horrible" about leaving behind relatives.

About 800 American evacuees are expected to arrive through Saturday on up to eight flights. The second flight is expected to land around midnight tonight.

Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. yesterday opened BWI as a repatriation center for Americans fleeing Lebanon, in response to a request from the federal government.

The flights are part of a mass U.S. evacuation from Lebanon, where Israel is attacking the terrorist organization Hezbollah. About 8,000 of the 25,000 Americans in Lebanon are seeking to evacuate.

Evacuees were guided through U.S. Customs to a help center, where state officials had computers and phones available for them to communicate with family or friends. After an hour, most of the 150 evacuees were headed for connecting flights or had left with family or friends.

The Chararas were in Beirut for 11 days before they found a way out, on a Norwegian cargo ship packed with 1,110 other passengers, mostly Dutch. Mrs. Charara, born and raised in Lebanon, spoke to her father as they rushed to leave.

"I told him, 'I'm leaving.' He said, 'That's a good choice.' And then I got disconnected," said Mrs. Charara, with a blue blanket draped over her shoulders and sipping coffee. "I felt guilty ... Because I have an American passport, I have the right to live?
The last name is Arabic case closed

this is not the same guy but you can see it's an Arabic name

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
Perhaps once the Lebanese so-called Christians migrate to west, they start getting the grand muslamic ideas. 

Most Lebanese-Americans are Christians. But if he behaved like this, he's not a real Christian. He's a Muslim.