Author Topic: Get ready for the most controversial Ask JTF that we ever did!  (Read 2569 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Get ready for the most controversial Ask JTF that we ever did!
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »
בס''ד

On this program, I plan to BLUNTLY address the differences between Christians and Jews without "political correctness".

I plan to speak BLUNTLY about the things that many Christians believe in that are offensive to Jews, and about the things that many Jews believe in that are offensive to Christians.

We have swept this under the rug for too long. The time has come to honestly acknowledge our many differences.

Offline Trace

• Full JTFer
Re: Get ready for the most controversial Ask JTF that we ever did!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »
It sounds fascinating. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 08:09:51 PM »
I'm sure it will be really good.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:41:17 PM by Dr. Brennan Fan »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »
Can you please provide a link to download the show? 

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
Just when I was about to sit down and study! Can you at least tell me where it begins and ends so I don't have listen to the whole show right now, yet return to it after I study?

Offline GWallenberg

• Junior JTFer
    • Jewish World Review
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
Good on you, Chaim. I think it's an excellent idea. I also appreciate that you're going to be non-partisan and will speak on both sides.

I think I speak for the majority of Jews here in that we love you Gentiles, but there are stark differences that are not often discussed, and it's in the best interest of both that these things be known.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »
In truth, it'll be impossible for Chaim to be totally unbiased given that he is not only an Orthodox Jew, but the head of a Kahanist movement. No matter what he might say, no Christian is going to bite/give in/ or believe anything contrary to what he/she was raised believing. Granted I don't know what Chaim will say exactly, but it can't be controversial because no matter he says, nothing will change what people believe. He will only be able to educate those who don't know. But come on, we all know Christians believe in Jeus etc. Jews believe in Hashem etc. The only thing that isn't clear is according to Judaism, can religious Christians be eligible for the world to come and if so, why is worshiping Jesus not considered avoda zara and not considered being oyver on one of the sheva.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 08:28:33 PM »
Looking forward to it
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline GWallenberg

• Junior JTFer
    • Jewish World Review
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
Yes, "non-partisan" wasn't the best way to put it. Regardless, this will be very, very interesting.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »
I don't think there should be a problem with having differences.
Problems come when people don't know how to avoid unwillingness to accept someone elses believes/perceptions on things, which will cause them to take things personally and attack personally, instead of acknowledging the fact that there is no solution and therefore not to bother about it.

As long as someone values personal annoyances over the enemy that is islam, I don't think he/she is fit for anything.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »
I just hope I don't get a speeding ticket tomorrow driving home to listen.
Tomorrow?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »
I just hope I don't get a speeding ticket tomorrow driving home to listen.
Tomorrow?

Yeah, I will be asleep if it comes out tonight.
gotcha. If you get a ticket you can always sue JTF  :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D  or put it on the corporate tab.....

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 01:47:35 AM »
It is certainly going to be intelligent, informative, rational, unbiased and much more and shall be increasing the mutual understanding in a positive way....
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 05:50:49 AM »
Sounds interesting. I hope people have thick enough skin to handle it. I've talked to a lot of people on Pal Talk before with strong viewpoints, so I am fairly familiar with some of the different points and I think it will be interesting to hear your take on them too.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »
In truth, it'll be impossible for Chaim to be totally unbiased given that he is not only an Orthodox Jew, but the head of a Kahanist movement. No matter what he might say, no Christian is going to bite/give in/ or believe anything contrary to what he/she was raised believing. Granted I don't know what Chaim will say exactly, but it can't be controversial because no matter he says, nothing will change what people believe. He will only be able to educate those who don't know. But come on, we all know Christians believe in Jeus etc. Jews believe in Hashem etc. The only thing that isn't clear is according to Judaism, can religious Christians be eligible for the world to come and if so, why is worshiping Jesus not considered avoda zara and not considered being oyver on one of the sheva.

With all sincerity, I think Chaim should have a Jesus believing Christian on this program with him for it to be unbiased.
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »

With all sincerity, I think Chaim should have a Jesus believing Christian on this program with him for it to be unbiased.

It sounded really fair and unbiased to me. I don't think it would be a good idea for someone to do a show with him right now anyway unless you want them to get the flu.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 10:03:43 AM »
it's done, where's the link for it?
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 10:18:49 AM »
it disappeared...

Chaim, I was not offended by anything that you said...It was a good show, thanks for sharing your views, now I understand you and JTF a bit better.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
There wasn't anything controversial.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »
I don't think this Ask JTF was controversial at all. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 11:38:30 AM »
Not controversial..just siting the differences between Christians and Jews theologically.

To me, controversial would have been downright criticizing Christian theology...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
I have to agree with Lisa and Rubystars, there was nothing controversial about it. He could have been way more provocative but wasn't.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »

There was no link above so I thought "the program" didn't take place yet, that's why I wrote that.
 Now that I listened to it, I agree, I like Chaim and I learned more about JTF Jews. :dance: 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 01:54:36 PM by Rubystars »
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »
I would like to hear this too.  I want to be of support to Israel and the Jewish people.  Let us know the differences Chaim. We are open minded, and sometimes the truth needs to come out to bridge the gap.  We need to know how you feel.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 04:54:31 PM »
May I also say people can care about and support each other without having the same philosophies.