Author Topic: The Next "We Told You So" (Egypt preparing for war)  (Read 3499 times)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
The Next "We Told You So" (Egypt preparing for war)
« on: September 15, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »
http://israelnn.com/article.php3?id=6538

The Next "We Told You So"
by Moshe Feiglin
Sep 12, '06 / 19 Elul 5766

Translated from the Hebrew-language original that appeared in the Yisraeli daily newspaper.

If you are from the Orange Camp, if you have a kippah (skullcap) on your head, a beard or sidelocks - Heaven forbid - then your warnings are meaningless. It makes no difference that you saw what was in store and you warned of the imminent danger. If you are Orange, then nobody listened to you before, and even now, after it has become clear that you were right, nobody will listen anyway.

Nevertheless, I am writing the next, "We told you so." When it happens - and it's going to happen - there is going to be a much worse catastrophe here than in the previous round. In the upcoming catastrophe, we will be facing a regular army that is well equipped and well trained, complete with an efficient air force, anti-aircraft capabilities and a full armor and engineering corps. Who knows, maybe then people will start to pay attention to those who "told them so"?

The greatest danger to Israel at this point is Egypt. When Iran will go nuclear, that will change. But right now, the greatest military threat hanging over Israel's head is the Egyptian threat. There is not, and there never was, peace with Egypt.

"All that poor Menachem got was a piece of paper," said Anwar Sadat, "and I got the entire Sinai peninsula, the oil - everything."

True, since the signing of the Camp David Accords there has not been a war with Egypt. But there has also not been a war with Syria. The only difference between Egypt and Syria is that Egypt - under the cover of the peace treaty - has upgraded its primitive army and transformed it into a modern, Western army, large and well equipped. The Syrian army is still muddling with outdated Soviet weapons from over thirty years ago, T62 tanks and MIG airplanes. The Egyptian army, on the other hand, has Abrams tanks, American F16s and AIWACs.

The Egyptian army has no enemy other than Israel. Sudan and Libya are absolutely no threat to its security, yet Egypt spends the same percentage of its GNP on building its military might that Britain spent during World War II. It is a country that is preparing its army to destroy Israel - and they even admit it. The anti-Semitic propaganda in Egypt's government newspapers is even more venomous than the Nazi Der Sturmer. They are preparing themselves militarily and consciously for a war, while we continue to glorify the peace garments of the emperor with no clothes.

True, Syria is transferring huge amounts of weapons to Hizbullah. But who exactly is transferring all the weapons into Gaza? (Besides the weapons shipments that Ehud Olmert himself sent to Gaza.) Where did the Karine A, loaded with Katyushas and anti-aircraft missiles, come from? From Alexandria. How many other weapons ships did we miss? Nobody asks that question; it may spoil the "peace" with Egypt. And since the destruction of Gush Katif and the abandonment of the Philadelphi Route, they don't even have to use ships anymore.

So, don't say that we didn't warn you. And please, don't explain to the grieving families that you just had to give peace a chance. We don't have any more children to donate for your experiments.

http://israelnn.com/article.php3?id=6538
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:48:06 AM by davkakach »
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Rhuan

Re: The Next "We Told You So" (Egypt preparing for war)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 04:40:27 PM »
We didn't need anyone to spell it out, egypt is a muslim country, this is to be expected.

yephora

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:28:50 PM »
Feiglin's a good man.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:33:03 PM »
The scary thing for me is that I NEVER think about Egypt and their threats.  I know of all the events of the past when it comes to Egypt versus Israel, but in recent times it is more about Iran, Iraq, Lesbo' Allah and so on. 
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »
The poisonous deal brokered by the imbecile Jimmy Carter is finally  comming home to roost.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 10:05:01 PM »
Jimmy carter helps to mess everything up.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!