Author Topic: I answered other students' survey questions.  (Read 3523 times)

admin

I answered other students' survey questions.
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:46:55 PM »
Two girls at my university were asking people what is the biggest problem Americans have been facing in the last 40 years. So I put JTF positions into whatever their research project was. Yes Fruit, they were white. ;D Perhaps it was political science. I said illegal immigration and immigration from The Third World in general and Islam because if someone doesn't believe in killing all the infidels, they're not real Muslims. I should have mentioned dependency on Arab oil too which is related but that is part of the Islam problem.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: I answered other students' survey questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 06:45:11 AM »
Better watch out or the thought police at the university will make you receive counseling for your right-wing views.

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:53:27 AM »
Two girls at my university were asking people what is the biggest problem Americans have been facing in the last 40 years. So I put JTF positions into whatever their research project was. Yes Fruit, they were white. ;D Perhaps it was political science. I said illegal immigration and immigration from The Third World in general and Islam because if someone doesn't believe in killing all the infidels, they're not real Muslims. I should have mentioned dependency on Arab oil too which is related but that is part of the Islam problem.

;)  I met only one right-wing white girl at university.  She wore a different set of (expensive and ostentatious) clothes every day to campus.  She was blonde and gorgeous but as mad as a hatter.  Christian girls are all the same.  ANy white woman who is right-wing and gentile is probably mad as a box of frogs.  But Yacov Menashe you were heroic in putting down those JTF issues as the USA's top concerns.  MOst students will probably put fair trade and global warming down, and other ridiculous things of that sort.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »

;)  I met only one right-wing white girl at university.  She wore a different set of (expensive and ostentatious) clothes every day to campus.  She was blonde and gorgeous but as mad as a hatter.  Christian girls are all the same.  ANy white woman who is right-wing and gentile is probably mad as a box of frogs.  But Yacov Menashe you were heroic in putting down those JTF issues as the USA's top concerns.  MOst students will probably put fair trade and global warming down, and other ridiculous things of that sort.

When Chaim was growing up, his teachers told him another ice age was coming.

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
When Chaim was growing up, his teachers told him another ice age was coming.

Sounds like very wishful thinking.  Some educators are among the most discontented and unhappy people on the planet.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

ftf

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 12:23:08 PM »
It is potentially possible for another ice age to happen some time soon, I've seen the scientific proof behind it, and believe it or not a few more degrees rise in temperture could cause it, I know it sounds bizarre but it does actually make sense when looked at in detail.

Frut, my sister is a couple of years  older than me, has blonde hair, similar political views o me and a white boy friend, I also would not class her as mad, stop making such sweeping incorrect statements.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »
It's my understanding that we don't have to worry about global warming or cooling.

When the amount of CO2 in the atmposphere rises, it does get hotter. But the CO2 causes more plants to grow, especially algae in the ocean. This algae takes the CO2 from the atmosphere making it into oxygen and balances things out and makes it cooler again.

It's a beautiful cycle that G-d set up and we couldn't destroy it if we tried.  :)

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 03:16:47 PM »
It's my understanding that we don't have to worry about global warming or cooling.

When the amount of CO2 in the atmposphere rises, it does get hotter. But the CO2 causes more plants to grow, especially algae in the ocean. This algae takes the CO2 from the atmosphere making it into oxygen and balances things out and makes it cooler again.

It's a beautiful cycle that G-d set up and we couldn't destroy it if we tried.  :)

People recommend the planting of trees in Israel.  Why is this supposed to be good?  Does Tu BeShvat say to do this? 

Does CO2 create a lot of pollution? 

ftf

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
CO2 is bad for two reasons, it prevents heat from leaving the earth's atmosphere, and there is only a finite quantity of oxygen n he world, whatever quantity of it has been turned into CO2 is no longer around to be breathed, plants on the other hand live off of CO2 and turn it back to oxygen, one solution to global warming would therefore be to plant more plants and trees, though the quantity (of plants and trees) in question would be utterly huge.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »
CO2 is bad for two reasons, it prevents heat from leaving the earth's atmosphere, and there is only a finite quantity of oxygen n he world, whatever quantity of it has been turned into CO2 is no longer around to be breathed, plants on the other hand live off of CO2 and turn it back to oxygen, one solution to global warming would therefore be to plant more plants and trees, though the quantity (of plants and trees) in question would be utterly huge.

But WE don't need to do it. The algae in the ocean does it AUTOMATICALLY when there is extra CO2 in the atmosphere.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

ftf

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »
As far as I know, current records suggest that there is not currently enough algae for it to sort out the problem, maybe it is multiplying, but the question is, will it be fast enough to prevent something catastrophic from occurring?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 09:40:26 PM »
Of course it will. When there is more CO2 the algae will multiply in due course, just as much as is needed to maintain the balance. This is what has been going on since the beginning of creation. The more CO2 we humans pump in the more the algae grow and vice versa.  This is the way the ecosystem works. 

Here's a paper about it: http://macehead.nuigalway.ie/publications/pdf/EU_Final_Press_Release_Combined.pdf

Also see: http://www.irishscientist.ie/2002/contents.asp?contentxml=02p156.xml&contentxsl=is02pages.xsl

Only these sources don't emphasize how vast and rapid the natural growth of algae in the ocean is in the presence of  a lot of CO2, without us doing ANYTHING.

Nature (G-d's creation) has built in survival mechanisms much wiser than you or I could ever come up with. It's somewhat of an ego trip to think that we can mess up or fix such a huge and perfect system as nature has which is ultimately controlled by forces COMPLETELY out of our control. But that's really a sham.

However, since it's not a real problem politicians can use it to their advantage any which way they want to.

So why are you worrying about this when there are so many real and more immediate real threats to America's survival? Do you know how many things could take us down in a matter of months and even seconds?

Worry about doing good and not evil (not speaking to you directly). This is something that actually is in our control and does affect the entire world.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:24:08 PM by lubab »