General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask Lisa

<< < (45/69) > >>

GoIsraelGo!:
Hi Lisa...hey, you and I have something in common.
My Mother has been here in the US for over 50 years, she and her siblings came from Morocco...so while I read your story of how your Father got his family out of Iran, it reminded me of my Father and how he got my Mother and her siblings out of Morocco.

Lisa... our family's history is interesting       :)

Shalom - Dox 

Lisa:
Muman, many Iranian women are very beautiful.  I know one woman who's in her mid forties and who is a grandmother.  (She married and had children very young.)  Of course, she looks amazing. 

If you were to go into an Iranian Synagogue, you would see quite a fashion show. 

As for Anita's father, the Ayatollah went after everyone who was connected to the Shah.  So it was good that they got out of there.  I know a Jewish family whose father had some very important position under the Shah.  He found out by accident that he was on Khomeini's hit list.  He got his family out of Iran right away. 

Republican Dox, very interesting family history.  I think New Yorker is also of Moroccan ancestry. 

GoIsraelGo!:
Lisa, my Niece is married to an Iranian Jew and I hear you about a Fashion show, the ladies in his family dress like Models who just stepped out of a magazine. Everything is perfect when they throw parties, the food, their dress, everything is perfect!

Lisa:

--- Quote from: Edward on February 16, 2010, 11:16:10 PM ---Lisa, I've read here that you're of Iranian origin.
Were you born in Iran?
How many Jews are there in Iran?
And, do you speak Farsi?

--- End quote ---

Hi Edward, I was not born in Iran, although I did visit there as a child.  I speak Farsi, but don't read and write the language. 

I think there are currently about 25,000 Jews still in Iran. 

TruthSpreader:
Dear Lisa.

Can you tell me the current situation is like for Jews living in Iran right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version