Author Topic: Interesting Gematria of my Birthday  (Read 2354 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Interesting Gematria of my Birthday
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:35:57 PM »
Call me overly mystical or maybe Im too much a Chassid but I have a fascination with the gematria concerning my name and my birthday.

My Birthday is January 26th in the secular calendar, and I realize that there is no real Jewish meaning to secular dates, but there still is something fascinating about this insight.

January is the 1st month in the secular calendar.... The # 1 has the mystical significance as Hashem, who is the best known 'number one' we have. Remember the Passover song, "Who knows One?" and the answer is Hashem.... Also in Shema we proclaim each day that "Hashem Echad" or Hashem is one. Alef, the #1 letter of the Alef-Beit is also representative of Hashem. I remember this wisdom I heard from the Rabbi I learned from when I 1st made Teshuva {6 years ago} who taught that the Hebrew word "Emet" {אמת} has two parts, the aleph and the mem-taf... Alef stands for Hashem, and Mem-Taf in hebrew means 'Death'.... This teaches that Truth without Hashem means death...

And the # 26 is a very special gematria... The gematria of the Ineffable name of Hashem Yud-Kay-Vav-Kay is 26... The numerical value of the name is 26...

So both the Month and the day on the secular calendar both remind me of Hashem...

There are many other interesting gematrias concerning my Hebrew name also...

http://www.modia.org/modia-english/bamidbar/pinehas.htm
The word emet (truth) must be understood through the richness of each of its letters, on which there are many detailed commentaries.
Without going into the intricacies of Kabbala, we can begin the Maharal of Praque in chapter Netivot Haemet of his book Netivot Olam, in which he demonstrates the all-encompassing, temporal, meaning of the word emet which integrates the beginning (with the first letter of the alphabet: aleph), the middle (the middle letter of the alphabet: mem) and the end (the last letter of the alphabe: tav).

If we synthesize this with the Shla's concept, the word emet can be read in acrostic form:
alef representing the first letter of or, light (first phase of creation),
mem representing the first letter of mavet, death (second phase),
tav representing the first letter of tehiya, resurrection or tikun, restoration-reparation (third phase).

http://koltorah.org/VOLUME12/27 Kedoshim.htm
“Veahavta Lerayacha Kamocha, Ani Hashem,” “You shall love your fellow as yourself, I am Hashem” (Vayikra 19:18).
It seems strange that at the end of the verse Hashem states, “I am Hashem.”  What is the reason for it?  Rebbe Mendel of Kosov, in his Sefer Ahavat Shalom, explains that it can be understood as follows.  A person is supposed to love his fellow friend exactly as he likes himself, and the same goes with the other person as well.  The word “Ahava,” “love” demonstrates this as the Gematria of “Ahava” (13) is the same Gematria of “Echad,” “one” meaning one.  This is a Remez (hint) to the fact that each person should treat their fellow as if they are really one person.  If they do this then they have made the complete name of Hashem because two times “Ahava” (13) is 26, the same value of Hashem’s name. 
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Interesting Gematria of my Birthday
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »
My birthday is a sad day:
November 9. Night of broken glass.
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Also- the night I was born, there was a MASSIVE black out in NYC.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates