Author Topic: Shalom from Los Angeles  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Shalom from Los Angeles
« on: December 25, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »
I have been listening to some JTF shows on youtube w/ Chaim ben Pesach, enjoying them, and so I am here now on this forum.

I do not know an enormous amount about Rabbi Kahane, but I have been enjoying youtube videos of him as very much as well for awhile, as well as reading some of his article.

A vast and complex guy, I will keep it brief for now.  31, I am living in Los Angeles, I am Conservative, I am a Religious Zionist, Torah scholar, lover of G-d, Judaism and all Jews [and and all righteous Gentiles]...  I have many other interests, but they are not so much relevant to the focus of this board.

Thank you for having me.

Shalom,

-Ariel Shayn ben Odeliah

"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Shalom from Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »
Shalom and Welcome to the JTF  :dance:

Moshe92

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Offline hyperion

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 11:51:56 AM »
Shalom!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 11:56:37 AM »
Welcome Aboard!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »
Welcome
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
Welcome to JTF!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 02:09:51 PM »
Welcome to JTF!

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
Welcome to JTF!!!!  I bet it must be a pain living in L.A if you don't have a lot of money.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 01:01:21 AM »
Hey, thanks for the big welcome! :dance:

@CK: Yeah, L.A. is kind of a drag for that reason.  Not as expensive for rent as when I lived in Manhattan, but everyday things like groceries are about the same price [expensive!].  Winter is NOT as cold.

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 01:08:34 AM »
Welcome  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 07:06:19 AM »
                                                               בס"ד

Wussup brother Ariel how you doing? are you plannin to make Aliyah soon?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »
                                                               בס"ד

Wussup brother Ariel how you doing? are you plannin to make Aliyah soon?

I am well!  ;D

I hope you are the same!

My goal is to be living in Israel before I am 35, which would be about 3.5 years time to accomplish my goal.  To me the idea of Aliyah is not a visit, but a permanent relocation.  I have never been to Israel, but I have moved many times to places I had never seen before; it is always exciting.  Kinda wondering if I could still serve in the IDF if I apply at 35 years old, maybe it's just non-Israeli Jews but they seem to want people younger than I.  I am certain I will still be fit enough at 35+ to serve.  If not IDF perhaps a para-medic; something where I serve my fellow citizen.  Maybe I'll be a crazy settler, I want to take up space in a way that serves our cause [a key reason I want to be there besides G-d/Torah/Religious Jew reasons and personal satisfaction/the environment].

I'm in the process of figuring it all out.  I think my Mom and I will visit once before an actual move, to secure a place to live and learn more info.  I don't want to get off the plane only to sleep in the streets!