Author Topic: Avatar Movie Review by HowTheWorldWorks  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
Re: Avatar Movie Review by HowTheWorldWorks
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »
   In a nutshell, this movie tries to make people think that the Europeans were stupid and evil and the voodoo and tribal practices savages are superior and better for the environment. Given that the movie wasn't going to show the aliens are the savages that they are, this movie should have at least done a better job at showing both sides of the conflict. It should have also showed how non evil cultures benefited from European progress.
   Now I need to watch a movie like Shaka Zulu. I remember a long time ago watching a movie where British were protecting a fort against wave after wave of savage attacks in Africa. I wish I knew the name of that movie so I could watch it again.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058777/
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
Thank G-d you named it I would have been up all night trying to remember the title. I must have seen it a number of times but I thought it was called something else. I even called my pop up just now and he said it was the English against the Zulus but did not remember the title either. I always thought they were fighting the Tutsi's in the movie. I guess I am to use to calling them that and they all do all look alike anyway  :::D  That really is a great movie.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
   Now I need to watch a movie like Shaka Zulu. I remember a long time ago watching a movie where British were protecting a fort against wave after wave of savage attacks in Africa. I wish I knew the name of that movie so I could watch it again.

Zulu starring a young Michael Caine. It's one of the best war films ever made.
Cædmon's Hymn:

Now we must honour the Guardian of Heaven,
the might of the Architect, and His purpose,
the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty
afterwards appointed the middle earth, the lands, for men.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 06:59:29 AM »
   Looks like we have so many zulu mozies posted on youtube. Now I'm going to have a difficult time finding the one I had on mind. Nonetheless, the older the movie is, the more it betrays the savages as the monsters that they are. In some of the newer ones, the savages have enough intelligence to pick up and use the guns that the British drop. Those single fire muskets were not that simple to use back then.

I would love to see a movie from a slightly later time when they clear out savages with machine guns.

The African savages were not like the Japanese natives that actually did have a culture and were able to adapt to the technology that was brought to them. The movies about Samari sticking to their culture and only using their swords for the most part are mostly untrue.

To commemorate black history month I'm going to try to watch at least one of these zulu movies.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
The Japanese were one of the world's most advanced countries even prior to adopting western technology and methods.
Cædmon's Hymn:

the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »
I saw this movie in 2D - it is visually breathtaking, emotionally non-involving , intellectually idiotic. A typical Hollywood leftist "art". Still I'd recommend to see it, for a pure visual appreciation.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »
The Japanese were one of the world's most advanced countries even prior to adopting western technology and methods.

Exactly. Especially today, they contribute to a significant amount of technological advances.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »

Exactly. Especially today, they contribute to a significant amount of technological advances.

They contribute to technology and science immensely, but the moral fabric of Japanese society is in as sorry a state as that of the rest of the first world.
Cædmon's Hymn: