Author Topic: Avatar Movie Review by HowTheWorldWorks  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Avatar Movie Review by HowTheWorldWorks
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
This is Lee Dorens take on Avatar.

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Avatar Movie Review by HowTheWorldWorks
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
I saw it in 3d, the story was a little cheesy and had some left wing stuff stuck in there but that's to be expected these days. It was definitely the most pretty movie I've ever seen.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »
I have seen it and I turned it off after 45 minutes.

The white man is evil and greedy and the noble savages are the poor victims of capitalism.  :::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 11:24:31 PM »

The white man is evil and greedy and the noble savages are the poor victims of capitalism.  :::D

That was a great analysis of its political message. Sad that most movies seem to push that kind of brainwashing these days.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 11:43:15 PM »

Those are the same exact reasons why there is so much antisemitism in the world. 

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 11:57:15 PM »
never saw it that way. Infact we judged it as "the white man 'James Cameroon' can make such great movies with use of technology for special effects, gosh when would Indians be able to match that kind of cinematics?" this is what many indians said here after watching the movie.. never thought that the movie was left-wing... Anyways maybe it has got something to do with us being Indians.. we always see things with competitive perspective and less political overtones (which many times works against us).

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 12:12:44 AM »
HZ white kids in America and probably Europe too have been taught how evil our ancestors were and how vicious and cruel they all were while other groups of people were peaceful nature lovers and we violently murdered them.

Of course this is a very distorted thing but that's what white kids are taught. So this movie sort of mirrors that brainwashing.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 12:47:20 AM »
never saw it that way. Infact we judged it as "the white man 'James Cameroon' can make such great movies with use of technology for special effects, gosh when would Indians be able to match that kind of cinematics?" this is what many indians said here after watching the movie.. never thought that the movie was left-wing... Anyways maybe it has got something to do with us being Indians.. we always see things with competitive perspective and less political overtones (which many times works against us).

Interesting.  Im personally very impressed with Bollywood Cinematics.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 01:43:17 AM »
HZ white kids in America and probably Europe too have been taught how evil our ancestors were and how vicious and cruel they all were while other groups of people were peaceful nature lovers and we violently murdered them.

Of course this is a very distorted thing but that's what white kids are taught. So this movie sort of mirrors that brainwashing.

Native Americans were actually murdering each other before the white man came along.  Though your often taught in school that they lived in 100% peace and harmony until every white person killed them off.  Take it from a guy that's part Cherokee like myself.   

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 01:56:05 AM »
Do you know what?

I think I will accept this Leftist/Muslim/Black view on us.  :::D

I.e. if I watch movies my heroes are Gordon Gekko, Joseph Süß Oppenheim, Shylock etc.

All people are shocked about it, but I simply don't care. If I would be in Pandora, I would cut down this great tree and make planks from it. Then I would hunt their birds and horses and sell them as Pandorian turkey and horsesteaks to Walmart and finally I would pay the pandorians some (not too much) money to dig the ore for me. After all is finished I would develop a Pandorian Disneyland on the ruins of their so called civilization and make some extra money with it. What do you think about me?

:P
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 02:43:51 AM »
Just as a side-note.  James Cameron is NOT really a lefty. 

His movies are not typically leftists, in fact... he did the only action movie Ive ever seen that showed Muslims as terrorists (True Lies).  CAIR and other Muslims groups always point to True Lies as a 'typical' depiction of Muslims from hollywood, when it in reality, 99% of the time, Hollywood makes terrorists white Christians.

If anything, his movies are sorta populist.  People versus evil machines or People versus evil Aliens, etc.

However, Avatar is certainly his most left-leaning movie.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 08:15:38 AM »

Interesting.  Im personally very impressed with Bollywood Cinematics.
kidding?  :::D
Just as a side-note.  James Cameron is NOT really a lefty. 

His movies are not typically leftists, in fact... he did the only action movie Ive ever seen that showed Muslims as terrorists (True Lies).  CAIR and other Muslims groups always point to True Lies as a 'typical' depiction of Muslims from hollywood, when it in reality, 99% of the time, Hollywood makes terrorists white Christians.

hmm, i noticed that they show mexicans and puerto ricans as criminals or terrorists most of the times.

about Avatar, some religious Hindu leaders were not happy about the choice of name for the movie, as "Avatar" a Sanskrit termilogy is central concept in Hinduism, and there was a fear that it will change the perception of the audience towards the concepts of avatar among Hindus. Glad, there were no protests or demostrations, something that only Muslims do.
http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/hindus-ask-for-a-disclaimer-with-camerons-avatar_100270441.html

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 09:02:13 AM »
Do you know what?

I.e. if I watch movies my heroes are Gordon Gekko, Joseph Süß Oppenheim, Shylock etc.

All people are shocked about it, but I simply don't care. If I would be in Pandora, I would cut down this great tree and make planks from it. Then I would hunt their birds and horses and sell them as Pandorian turkey and horsesteaks to Walmart and finally I would pay the pandorians some (not too much) money to dig the ore for me. After all is finished I would develop a Pandorian Disneyland on the ruins of their so called civilization and make some extra money with it. What do you think about me?

I don't like it.

From what I understand the humans in this movie are indeed doing evil things to native population, and the truth is that this sort of doings are true reflections of major events in human history.

I haven't watched the movie yet so please guys, NO SPOILERS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 10:16:39 AM »

Native Americans were actually murdering each other before the white man came along.  Though your often taught in school that they lived in 100% peace and harmony until every white person killed them off.  Take it from a guy that's part Cherokee like myself.   

Yeah it's really dumb how they idealize nonwhites while demonizing white people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »
Do you know what?

hahaha!  ;D

about Avatar, some religious Hindu leaders were not happy about the choice of name for the movie, as "Avatar" a Sanskrit termilogy is central concept in Hinduism, and there was a fear that it will change the perception of the audience towards the concepts of avatar among Hindus. Glad, there were no protests or demostrations, something that only Muslims do.
http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/hindus-ask-for-a-disclaimer-with-camerons-avatar_100270441.html

I think they did that on purpose. They even made them blue, like images of Hindu deities are often painted in blue.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »
At first glance they seem to undermine the Hindu feelings. However Hindu do not seem to bother about it and they need not to.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »
Do you know what?

I don't like it.

From what I understand the humans in this movie are indeed doing evil things to native population, and the truth is that this sort of doings are true reflections of major events in human history.

I wouldn't do this actually.  8;)

But I have simply enough of beeing labeled as somebody who only lives for things like I wrote abouve. Only about one group are more lies spread and this is your group.

It seems, that we are responsible for everything bad in the world. But this is not true. Without us this world would be a far worse place.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »
I saw this movie last week too. It's a nice movie but as you said a bit left.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »
Do you know what?

I don't like it.

I wouldn't do this actually.  8;)

But I have simply enough of beeing labeled as somebody who only lives for things like I wrote abouve. Only about one group are more lies spread and this is your group.

It seems, that we are responsible for everything bad in the world. But this is not true. Without us this world would be a far worse place.
Its OK to identify with the bad guys in movies I like Gordon Gecko too :).

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »
i enjoyed it...i dont think it was anti white as a white guy was the goody, and they were at least black people in the "evil army"...

films with will smith and denzel washington are the anti white ones...

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »
The movie looked good, which is about the best thing that I can say about it. I went to see it with my brother on Christmas, and he cheered when the human gunships blew the hell out of the natives and their sacred tree. I enjoyed that part too, seeing the idolatrous tree-hugging aliens haul ass as human missiles blew them to pieces. I was reminded of the part from Apocalypse Now where the gunships attack the Vietnamese village to "Ride of the Valkyries."  :laugh:

I spent some time trying to figure out how the main character, the crippled guy, could so totally "go native" in such as wishy-washy fashion (the part where the crippled guy-turned-alien warlord prays to the sacred tree was pretty much something that I had a hard time believing). That and the evil followers of the capital military-industrial complex despoiling the world for profit- but why did Cameron make the movie if not to make a profit?

Basically seeing Avatar confirmed in my mind the superiority of technological civilization over that if stone age collectivism.
Cædmon's Hymn:

Now we must honour the Guardian of Heaven,
the might of the Architect, and His purpose,
the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty
afterwards appointed the middle earth, the lands, for men.

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
"Avatar" is the perfect example of the Hollywood mindset.

"Let's spend all our time, money, and energy on special effects and none on the actual story."
 ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 02:15:17 PM »
Quantity over quality.
Cædmon's Hymn:

Now we must honour the Guardian of Heaven,
the might of the Architect, and His purpose,
the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty
afterwards appointed the middle earth, the lands, for men.

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 06:12:31 PM »
   In a nutshell, this movie tries to make people think that the Europeans were stupid and evil and the voodoo and tribal practices savages are superior and better for the environment. Given that the movie wasn't going to show the aliens are the savages that they are, this movie should have at least done a better job at showing both sides of the conflict. It should have also showed how non evil cultures benefited from European progress.
   Now I need to watch a movie like Shaka Zulu. I remember a long time ago watching a movie where British were protecting a fort against wave after wave of savage attacks in Africa. I wish I knew the name of that movie so I could watch it again.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?