Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh hospitalized with chest pains  (Read 2826 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rush Limbaugh hospitalized with chest pains
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 06:34:32 PM »
"Sounds like Rush is gonna be rushed to the Cath Lab, which is where almost all US males get to visit sooner or later!"

Not me! I live on nothing but fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, and very lean meat, and that's it, and I am very disciplined about it, I don't cheat. No dairy, no fatty meat, no sugar, no starchy carbs. Plus I do not smoke, I take my vitamins and drink in moderation. I plan on keeping this body working at 100%, you know, unless I get hit by a bus.   ;D

Read the book The Paleo Diet, that's what I am following.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »
Real ancient people didn't eat lean meat often. They left that for the scavengers. Fatty meat was what they wanted to carry home to the family group or tribe. Look up rabbit starvation.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 11:44:19 PM »
Real ancient people didn't eat lean meat often. They left that for the scavengers. Fatty meat was what they wanted to carry home to the family group or tribe. Look up rabbit starvation.

Ancient people hunted all day for food.  They got tons of exercise so that fatty meat would not have been a large risk factor for cardio vascular problems.  Not to mention that they did not live long lives.  If your lifespan is only 30 or 40 years then your risk of heart disease is much less.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 03:47:35 AM »
Sounds like Rush is gonna be rushed to the Cath Lab, which is where almost all US males get to visit sooner or later!

I predict Rush'll need 4 coronary artery stents.
4 stents  :o There go the cigars! :doctor:
Even though they didn't find any obstructive disease.  The cigars should probably go.  :nono:
Why spoil a good thing  :::D The after dinner cigars and fine adult beverages that Rush always speaks of seem to be keeping his system in good working order  :laugh:
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 04:01:53 AM »

Ancient people hunted all day for food.  They got tons of exercise so that fatty meat would not have been a large risk factor for cardio vascular problems.  Not to mention that they did not live long lives.  If your lifespan is only 30 or 40 years then your risk of heart disease is much less.

You make valid points especially about the shorter lifespan. However the paleo diet isn't really paleo.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 04:27:30 AM »

You make valid points especially about the shorter lifespan. However the paleo diet isn't really paleo.
I think diet is only part of the picture... Genetics is a larger part of the picture. I have seen people that eat anything and everything and never had a problem. Then other folks who are very careful have systems like a ticking time bomb. I think people with susceptible systems will sooner or later end up on that table despite all caution.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 05:12:51 AM »

I think diet is only part of the picture... Genetics is a larger part of the picture. I have seen people that eat anything and everything and never had a problem. Then other folks who are very careful have systems like a ticking time bomb. I think people with susceptible systems will sooner or later end up on that table despite all caution.
That is very true.  I hope and pray I make my predestined visit to the cath lab later on in life.  8;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 05:15:16 AM »
Sounds like Rush is gonna be rushed to the Cath Lab, which is where almost all US males get to visit sooner or later!

I predict Rush'll need 4 coronary artery stents.
4 stents  :o There go the cigars! :doctor:
Even though they didn't find any obstructive disease.  The cigars should probably go.  :nono:
Why spoil a good thing  :::D The after dinner cigars and fine adult beverages that Rush always speaks of seem to be keeping his system in good working order  :laugh:
I knew you would say that.  Everything in moderation. 
Stents and smoking are a definite  :nono:
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.