Author Topic: Swedish authorities frown on home schooling  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Swedish authorities frown on home schooling
« on: December 31, 2009, 07:35:42 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=832168

A Swedish family is faced with the prospect of losing their children simply because they home school.

The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) is reporting that Swedish authorities in June boarded a plane scheduled to depart for India and removed Christer and Annie Johansson's seven-year-old son Dominic from the custody of the Christian couple. HSLDA attorney Mike Donnelly says Swedish officials did not have a warrant and were acting in accordance to the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Donnelly notes that the Swedish government does not believe that home schooling is a proper way to educate a child.

Michael Donnelly"This is one of the most disgraceful abuses of power we have ever witnessed," says the attorney. "The Swedish government is exercising its authority under the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child to unnecessarily break up this family."

It is a "very dark time" in Sweden, says Donnelly.

"The Swedish Parliament is reviewing an essential ban on home schooling," he explains. "We have heard that other home-schooling families in Sweden are having more difficulty with local officials. We fear that all home-schooling families in Sweden are at risk in what could be the beginning of a widespread persecution."

Earlier this month, a Swedish court sided with the officials. HSLDA, along with attorneys from the Alliance Defense Fund, will be defending the family.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Gamaliel1990

• New JTFer
Re: Swedish authorities frown on home schooling
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
Sadly not something new nor isolated in Europe.
Rules are more and more strict everywhere now, more controls, fines if controls are failed and so on.
They do everything to break families and to brainwash the minds of young children.
Homeschooling preventing this process, it has to go. They'll not ban it, but years after years, conditions will be more and more drastic.
A few years back confessional school were an escape way but it's deteriorating quickly and now what's the point to go to a catholic school where half of the student are muslims, and i'll not even talk about Jewish schools.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:43:33 AM »
Rules are more and more strict everywhere now, more controls, fines if controls are failed and so on.
They do everything to break families and to brainwash the minds of young children.
Homeschooling preventing this process, it has to go. They'll not ban it, but years after years, conditions will be more and more drastic.
A few years back confessional school were an escape way but it's deteriorating quickly and now what's the point to go to a catholic school where half of the student are muslims, and i'll not even talk about Jewish schools.

Right. I hate this collectivist attitude in Europe.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

Right. I hate this collectivist attitude in Europe.

Are you thinking about someday moving out of Europe? 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt