Author Topic: Ask JTF for February 21, 2010  (Read 9034 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Ask JTF for February 21, 2010
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 08:22:41 AM »
   Maybe you can shed some light onto my misunderstanding of this logic. Barack Hussein Obama YS"Z addressed the American people with a statement that the stimulus plan is working. He stated that although unemployment is at an all time high, the rate of which people are losing jobs has slowed down and that unemployment would be higher if the stimulus plan was not in effect. It is an unknown what the unemployment rate would if there was no stimulus plan, but how can Obama claim a success when there has been a net job loss and unemployment is at an all time high? To me it would make sense that the rate has slowed down because there are now less jobs to lose.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Gimatria

• Full JTFer
Re: Ask JTF for February 21, 2010
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »
Dear Chaim,
what a wonderful feeling when spring is in the air - Aviv, my favorite season. Purim - my favorite holiday - is almost here. What a wonderful story we read from the Megilat Esther - if only American Jewish children appreciated this story more, perhaps they would be less inclined to commit a serious avera by dressing up on Halloween (the latter which I consider to be no less than avodah zara).

Now my question:
What do you think of music from Renaissance Europe? There is something truly elegant about the music written by the great contrapuntal masters, including Josquin des Prez, Heinrich Isaac, William Byrd and others. However, much of this music is considered "sacred", i.e., it was written for the church. Is it a sin to listen? Also, have you heard the music of Shlomo Rossi? He was an Italian Jew who composed music for the Mantuan court in the 1600's!

Finally, a hearty "Yemach Shemam" to Hugh Hamilton and Juan Gonzalez of WBAI. No form of torture would be good enough for these vicious Jew haters.

HaShem bless you, Chaim.
Gimatria