Author Topic: Zahal phasing out flechettes  (Read 3981 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Zahal phasing out flechettes
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:45:03 PM »
Israeli uberdumpfs, instead of wanting to maximise the numbers of dead of their foes, want to minimize them!
http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1156318.html

This is the result of the twisted ultra-secular "Zahal Code of Ethics", which doesn't mention Zionism, G-d, Judaism or Torah!

The flechette round is a wonderful weapon developed after the Yom Kippur War as a way of taking out the Sagger teams that destroyed hundreds of Israeli tanks.

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
Re: Zahal phasing out flechettes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »
The flechette round is a wonderful weapon developed after the Yom Kippur War as a way of taking out the Sagger teams that destroyed hundreds of Israeli tanks.
It was developed long before the Yom Kippur in 1966. Good riddance. Fleschette is only good against Chinese human waves. Its absolutely ineffective against buildings, fortifications, infantry in trenches, light armored vehicles... You need to set manualy distance before firing it. During the second Lebanon war fleshettes showed little effectiveness.

APAM can do all that job in best way. Plus it has dispersion mode, when 6 submunitions are exploding one after another and they cover large enough territory. Distance an be set either automaticaly in 120-mm version or semi-automaticaly in 105-mm version.
99% of Muslims give the rest a bad name.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »
It was developed long before the Yom Kippur in 1966. Good riddance. Fleschette is only good against Chinese human waves. Its absolutely ineffective against buildings, fortifications, infantry in trenches, light armored vehicles... You need to set manualy distance before firing it. During the second Lebanon war fleshettes showed little effectiveness.

APAM can do all that job in best way. Plus it has dispersion mode, when 6 submunitions are exploding one after another and they cover large enough territory. Distance an be set either automaticaly in 120-mm version or semi-automaticaly in 105-mm version.

Yes of cause Apam is more advanced. But it would be a shame to dispose the Flechette shells instead of using them. I.e. Israel could move a few older tanks near to the border of Gaza and everytime a missle is fired i.e. into Sederot a Flechette shell answers towards Gaza City.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
It was developed long before the Yom Kippur in 1966. Good riddance. Fleschette is only good against Chinese human waves.

You're right. It was first used in Vietnam, known as the "Beehive Round". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beehive_(ammunition)

Flechettes are truly admirable weapons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flechette and production should be doubled and redoubled rather than being phased out!

How else is Israel going to stop the invading Gogite hordes, short of using atom bombs?!

"I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.  I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you....." (Yechezkel 38)

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »
Yes of cause Apam is more advanced. But it would be a shame to dispose the Flechette shells instead of using them. I.e. Israel could move a few older tanks near to the border of Gaza and everytime a missle is fired i.e. into Sederot a Flechette shell answers towards Gaza City.
Range is not enough to reach Gaza city. 155-mm can do the job.

Flechettes are truly admirable weapons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flechette and production should be doubled and redoubled rather than being phased out!
As I said flechettes have lots of limitations. APAM can do flechettes job when its switched to dispersion mode. And in addition APAM can do other things which flechette cant do: taking out bunkers, buildings, infantry in treches, light vehicles.

Besides no one will destroy fleshette rounds, they will remain in yamams (emergency stores).

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »
Amit, what is the range of the Flechette "ordnance"?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:30 PM »
Would you believe that the range of a 120mm tank cannon when firing APFSDS ammunition (which is like a giant flechette) if elevated to 55 degrees is.....135 kilometres!

ie Merkava tanks parked in Haifa could comfortably bombard Damascus all day with depleted uranium bolts! Of course accuracy would be next to zero and the damage minimal, as the round is not explosive.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 10:15:13 PM »
It was developed long before the Yom Kippur in 1966. Good riddance. Fleschette is only good against Chinese human waves.

You're right. It was first used in Vietnam, known as the "Beehive Round". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beehive_(ammunition)

How else is Israel going to stop the invading Gogite hordes, short of using atom bombs?!

"I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.  I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you....." (Yechezkel 38)

by using high explosive fragmentation shells

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 03:43:19 AM »
Amit, what is the range of the Flechette "ordnance"?
Minimum range - 200 m, maximum - 4400 m.