Author Topic: to make better videos  (Read 1638 times)

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
to make better videos
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:59:27 PM »
I have seen some of the videos we have made and I just want to make a few suggestions to improve the quality of our videos.

In no particlular order

1. Minimize the use of text, people dont like to read excessively when they are watching TV.

2. Keep text on the screen long enough to be read two and a half times, if it is on too short people miss the message, too long and people get bored.

3. Do not use bright colors, especially for text. It is okay to use just about any color just make sure it is not a bright shade.

4. Do not use pictures you downloaded from the web the quality will almost always be horrible, only use web pictures if they are over 750x750 in size, and the bigger the better. Even then if it can be avioded do it

5. Do not use the "fancy" transitions, like star wipes or heart wipes, they look ridicilous, use cuts, fades, and dissolves, long dissolves and fades should really only be used after something very important has been conveyed.

6. music with words should only be used when no one on screen is speaking, otherwise it justs confuses the audience.

7. Always, always, put any text you will use on screen in a writing program with a spell checker.

8. Use a large font for text.

9. Use a sans-serif font for web videos, verdana is pretty good.

10. Before you start putting together your video write a script you can follow.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Re: to make better videos
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »
Just wanted to comment of the video issue before I'm off to bed. In my opinion, keep it simple.  Explore what your target audience wants too see and hear. It depends on what kind of vid you are making. If you are going to be on camera and speaking, in my opinion that is alot more difficult to make than the vids I make and on that note, if you are going to show your face on the net, you had better be willing to take the consequences for it. People have been murdered for making  films that dare not show Islam in a peaceful light. This is NOT to be taken lightly. When I first signed on to YT, I made this one , I just came home from work and put it together, usually takes me about 4 hours to sync the audio and video together. For me it's a passion. My suggestion would be , PRACTICE ! You will have to crawl, before you learn how to walk and run :) And from what I have seen on this forum, there are people that are willing too help you out. Also, don't be afraid of failure, if you are not making mistakes, you aren't doing anything !  Now get busy ! :) Best of wishes to all on the JTF forum always.

Jeff
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: to make better videos
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 02:43:15 PM »
Please everyone, if you use pics from the internet, first convert them to tiff's and please stop using pics that were originally small the quality is awful, and please choose one or at most two colors for text, and dont switch fonts.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban