Author Topic: Important Passover Thoughts : On Jewish Unity  (Read 1746 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Important Passover Thoughts : On Jewish Unity
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:33:01 PM »
Listen my brothers and sisters and I will try to bring us together.

It is the season of redemption, the month of Nissan, the first month of the year, and the month we were redeemed from the exile in Mitzrayim. I have heard it said that the month of Nissan, although the month names are taken from the Babylonian month names, contains the Hebrew word Neis, which means Miracle... It is the month of the miracles, the signs and the wonders, the strong arm and the outstretched hand which Hashem revealed at the end of the slavery.

Remember the days when we all sat at the base of the mountain? When we heard the light and saw the sounds of Hashem, with lightning and thunder, and our souls left us we became a nation of priests, tasked with a mission to rectify the problems which humanity has created. At least twice our Torah explains that man committed almost unpardonable sin. The sin of the Eitz HaDat, the tree of Knowledge which Hashem told Adam not to partake of, and Chava was duped by the yetzer hara snake. Humanity was doomed to death, something which Hashem didn't intend for humanity.

The Jewish people after the revelation at Sinai were absolved of the sin of the Eitz HaDat. But it was within 40 days that the people were once again duped by the yetzer hara to believe that Moshe was not coming back. Some of those who left Egypt were not Jews but they figured that they would join the Jewish people because they too witnessed the miracles... But their faith was weak and they quickly fell back to wanting to worship a physical representation of HaKadosh BaruchHu. This was, despite all the explanations, a form of Avodah Zara and thus it was a sin worthy of death.

The Jewish people could have been wiped out right there, right away, when Hashem told Moses that his anger would flare and he would make a nation out of Moses and his offspring. But Moses was truly a tzadik and he davened for the welfare of the Jewish people, he davened that the people would not be wiped out and the Egyptians would not claim that our G-d hated us and destroyed us in the desert.

It is Pesach and we will be eating matzah shortly. I enjoy having Passover with a large crowd at Chabad because this way I can look around the room and see all the wonderful Jews who are partaking in the seder meal. It is wonderful to have faith that the Jewish people will unite and we will all merit the coming of Moshiach. We know that the season of Nissan is ripe for the coming of the final redemption.

It is good to try to strengthen another Jews emmunah or faith in Hashem. I suggest that we all ask those around us to take a real look at the situation of the Jewish people today. I will try not to be too political but I do believe that all true Jews have the desire to create peace in the world. The problem is that many of them do not have the proper understanding of the Jewish beliefs, and the reasons we believe what we do. I believe that Judaism is a way of life which will lead humanity toward a new evolution in the messianic era. Once we come to absolute faith in Hashem and leave behind the crutch of materialism and ego there will be no war, no hunger, and no competition.

Hashem has all the answers. Hashem is perfect, he is complete, he is infinite and he is beyond time. All the words which man has created cannot begin to describe what Hashem is. He has communicated with the Jewish people throughout the ages, through the miracle of time and space. The Jewish people will survive despite the terrible problems which we face. Because I have worked on a high level of faith I believe that everything which exists, time and space, and events and ideas all happen because of Hashems will. I take the good and the bad and try to see it all as good in the end.

I think that if we talk honestly with some Jews who are on the fence {I mean not politically activist on the left} that many of them can see that we, the Orthodox and the Kahanist Jews, want to fufill the word of Hashem as promised to the prophets. I would hope that humanity can get past the egos and the desires and begin to work toward the Messianic vision.

May it be Hashems will that we have a joyous, peaceful, and moving Passover season.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:19:15 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14