Author Topic: JTF HEBREW LESSONS  (Read 4508 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
JTF HEBREW LESSONS
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:12:14 PM »
I was wondering if enough people on here were interested, if we could all try to get a hebrew class going. I was thinking it would be sort of like drivers ed in high school where if you got enough kids together you could get a class going. If we get enough people on here in the nyc area intersted in conversational hebrew, I am sure we could get something going.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Re: JTF HEBREW LESSONS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 01:37:40 PM »
Well heck!

I am in the South West!

I am interested in conversational Hebrew!

Can we do some of the lessons online?
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline dorgreen

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »
u guyd can make a room in skype and learn hebrew:)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 02:45:37 PM »
Well heck!

I am in the South West!

I am interested in conversational Hebrew!

Can we do some of the lessons online?
Online lessons sound good.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »
Interesting...
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »
I was wondering if enough people on here were interested, if we could all try to get a hebrew class going. I was thinking it would be sort of like drivers ed in high school where if you got enough kids together you could get a class going. If we get enough people on here in the nyc area intersted in conversational hebrew, I am sure we could get something going.
Sounds interesting how would we go about it?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
Oh, I meant group lessons in the NYC area. I don't know how to go about doing it to be honest but if enough people express interest I am sure we could find out.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:31:17 PM »
I want to be able to go on the hebrew forum so badly. I need to learn hebrew fast.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 10:43:20 PM »
I just posted in the Hebrew forum in the english language. I posted some kind words and hope they aren't mad.

Offline Gam Bashan veGam Gilad

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
  • Avi Farhan – One Day, Brothers, We Shall Be Back!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
I just posted in the Hebrew forum in the english language. I posted some kind words and hope they aren't mad.

Mad??!! :D

LOL ..

Are you CRAZYYY??!!

We were happy and pleased more than you know! We welcome and encourage as many English speaking members as possible to come and integrate with our forum as well. Most of us speak English, so if you guys have anything to say to us and you don't know Hebrew at all, don't be afraid to write it in English on the Hebrew forum (as jdl4ever and DownwithIslam did). It's absolutely okay, and you'd probably get some English replies too. ;) Believe me, Israelis would just LOVE to chat with you in English.. :)

Of course, it would be much more interesting for you if you understood Hebrew. DownwithIslam, I think it's a brilliant, wonderful idea, if it's doable. In fact, I just asked Chaim about the interaction between both forums on the last Ask JTF in English, about a week ago (if you recall), and he mainly said he liked the idea but sadly pointed out the fact that some of you wouldn't handle the Hebrew..

I believe learning Hebrew together as a "major task" would be an excellent idea and a blessed initiative for this forum, and I am quite sure Chaim would be thrilled if it eventually turns into actions.

Then, you would be able to take part in the discussions AND exercise your conversational Hebrew. The Hebrew forum would serve two purposes at one and the same time. We would love to help you with any matter regarding the language (you may use us as Heb. teachers if you like 8)).

And in the meantime, like I said, you are more than welcome to post in English on the Hebrew forum. It would only make us happy.

So once again -
consider yourselves invited.

!לְהִתְרָאוֹת ("Lehitra'ot!", which means "See ya'!") ;)

Your loving brothers beyond the sea... :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:04:21 PM by Gam Bashan veGam Gilad »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
Gam Bashan veGam Gilad,

Thank you for such a warm greeting! I think I might just go take a visit to the Hebrew forum.  :)

-jeffguy
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 04:01:56 PM »
My pleasure, Jeffguy..

Have fun! :)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 12:30:21 AM »
Gam besham vegam gilad, thanks so much for your kind words. I just was concerned that the hebrew I write would be an eyesore to some of you as it is so poor. Anyways I am making a huge effort to learn hebrew now so hopefully I soon will be more proficient. Also how do you speak english so well? Where in Israel are you from? Thanks again

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 01:18:39 AM »
DownwithIslam, :)

First of all, thank you for the generous compliment but my English is really far from good. I hardly know some basic words.. My vocabulary is just embarrassing... :embarassed:
There are such good and talented English speakers on this forum that I cannot even bear the thought that I'm actually posting on the same forum they do..

And I'm not talking about guys who write in their mother tongue. Take Davka_Kach for example (who is one of our main Administrators on the Hebrew forum) and a few other Israelis I know. They REALLY have an outstanding, impressive, high-quality, rich and delicate English writing..! :o

Me?!! - Hehe..! I had to sneak to my English-Hebrew dictionary at least 3 times per sentence on reading FoTL's posts... LOL !! :D

Well okay, FoTL is a poet.. ::)
Or was.. whatever..

Anyways, the vast majority of Israelis do speak fair English due to the fact that English language is defined "a required / obligated lesson" by the Education System in Israel. Every young student gets English lessons at school starting from the age of eight.

But moreover than that - (which leads me to another subject but what the hell..): We also know your English "Slang" and English "low"-language!  Sadly so, we're totally and entirely infected by American culture: :P We watch American movies and American TV Shows, we're influenced by American life style, we adore "Hollywood" and all these idiotic "Idols" - entertainment, stars, celebrities and so on. Politically speaking, America represents the ultimate ideal of the "enlightened western society" which we so eagerly aim to resemble. Ironically as it is, we look up to America and perceive it like a role model country from which WE have to learn and to conclude what is right and what is wrong, what is just, what is forbidden, what is moral, what is immoral and so on and so forth. We are always concerned about "what America would say about this and about that", we've become dependent upon America's "Foreign Aid" and other financial support of organizations around America.

We simply blindly worship and admire every piece of nonsense that's coming out of America, what can we do? You guys have it all over us! Cau' wee infected, yao' maaaan! Ummmmmmmm...-Hmm! ;D

;)

And it's sad. :-\ It really is sad.  Generations upon generations have fought and dreamt just to touch the sand of the Land of Israel, they have sacrificed their lives for saving the Jewish people; and now there are people who live in Israel, who wouldn't be more thrilled to throw all that away and import the so-called "American dream" instead! Clearly, some of them would prefer to go for the "original thing" and will leave Israel one day or the other (if they haven't already) to America or even to Europe, G-d forbid (Chaim makes many Hebrew shows about this issue..).

Normally those are the same sick people who would also give up and surrender the Land of Israel to the Arabs. They are ashamed of their religion, ashamed of their past, denying their roots.. All they ever "wish" for is to be "accepted by all nations" (sounds familiar? 8)), and they are literally willing to give anything and everything for this purpose. They are really a disgrace for the Jewish people.

Chaim uses to call them "Erev Rav" or "kikes" (pardon me). In Israel, the Bolshevik media has found a more efficient way to describe them, by a term that would make them in fact "legitimate", "modern", "advanced"...:

- "Post-Zionists".

The media, as a part of the entire Israeli Bolshevik establishment, is controlled by a number of wicked rich families, whose only interest is their own ego and wealthiness. They couldn't care less if they bring upon the destruction of Israel in the process. They are well-arranged in life. Their children already aren't living in Israel anymore and they maintain huge bank accounts waiting for them in foreign countries.

This is the same story as the U.S. ruled by some mean people who don't care less about America and would be happy to preserve America's addiction to Arab oil. Only in our case it is a lot worse, because we are a small country with countless Nazzi Muslim enemies surrounding us.

BUT THEY WILL LOSE IN THE END, G-d willing. Question is- how many people will suffer until then.

Now you also asked where I am from in Israel. I am from the "Shfela" region, which is an area located at around Mid-Central Israel, somewhere between Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv.

And again, I call on everybody to register and post on the Hebrew forum as well. English posts are more than highly welcome (to say the least), as articulated above. ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:20:11 PM by Gam Bashan veGam Gilad »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 01:46:10 AM »
Hey thanks for replying Gam Besham Vegam Gilad. Trust me, your English is great. I deff hear what you are talking about in regard to Israelis worshiping American culture. On Israeli music stations, they hardly play any Israeli music anymore because they are just playing american crap. Also which city are you from exactly? I am always interested to know this type of stuff.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 01:47:08 AM »
Ok, I went and made an account and posted a message in English. :)

jtf.org/f is the link to the Hebrew forum
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 01:48:49 AM by jeffguy »

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 01:54:45 AM »
Yeah I would defintitely do some sort of online Hebrew class.  I'd need to get a webcam and a mic first but that would be too hard...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Baker

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 07:16:08 AM »

Offline Baker

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 07:17:39 AM »
English-Hebrew  מילון

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »
Also which city are you from exactly?

You have a personal message... ;)