Author Topic: I went on the hebrew forum....  (Read 2976 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
I went on the hebrew forum....
« on: May 08, 2007, 01:11:31 AM »
Hey guys. I just signed up for the hebrew forum. I went on there and posted in english. Everyone was super friendly and I made some comments against Roni. I also told everyone that if it ever bothers them that I write in english that I would immediately stop. They were real nice and asked me where in Israel I wanted to live. They also seemed happy that I posted there. I was wondering what everyone here thinks about this and if they believe it is bad that a person writes english on the hebrew forum.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: I went on the hebrew forum....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 01:13:23 AM »
I'm also on the Hebrew forum but I try to write hebrew.  Those guys are very friendly and correct my (bad) Hebrew for me.  They are really cool guys and they like new company.  Many also speak english a little and they don't mind if you write english. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:18:46 AM »
Well Roni has something stuck up his tuchis so I don't even recognize him as a human being. I was just a little concerned about me writing things on there in english as I can't write one word in conversational hebrew. Again I told them if it bothered them then I would immediately stop. I figured that if someone wrote hebrew on here, a few people would be upset as they don't understand.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 01:21:02 AM »
I absolutely can read the aleph bais. I can read a yiddish newspaper fluently. My hebrew reading skills are probably equal to an Israeli if it's just the alphabet we are talking about. It's the actual meaning of the words where I have absolutely no knowledge. I need to learn to speak hebrew and then I will be in business.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »
I barely know 5 words in modern hebrew.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:24:20 AM »
Do you know of any site where I can write in english and it automatically converts it to hebrew?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:30:27 AM »
Do you know of any site where I can write in english and it automatically converts it to hebrew?
Yes, download the demo of babylon 6.  It is the best one, but you need to check it since many times it makes mistakes like when you write "but" it puts the  rear end instead of the word "but".
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 01:33:02 AM »
I am installing babylon now I will tell you how it is.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 01:36:37 AM »
It is only giving me definitions of english words into english. I see nothing about hebrew in the program. Is this because I am only using the trial version and have not bought it?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 01:38:41 AM »
No, it works.  Figure it out.  You can select like 10 languages.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:41:07 AM by jdl4ever »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 02:13:27 AM »
JDL4EVER, the babylon is hot stuff. It is pretty inaccurate but it's better than nothing. I took whole paragraphs and it translated the hebrew into english. Way cool

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 02:50:38 AM »
JDL4EVER, the babylon is hot stuff. It is pretty inaccurate but it's better than nothing. I took whole paragraphs and it translated the hebrew into english. Way cool

Yeah, but you'll be sad when the demo runs out in like 2 wks.  I can't use this cool program anymore because the demo ran out and they want like $70 for the full version.   >:(