Author Topic: Chaim got to Bnai Elim. They now bash Irv Rubin on the BE main page  (Read 5621 times)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
http://bnaielimny.org/ 

Message from the international BE Chairman:

"As a response to many emails I have received this past year, I feel it is important to give you some information about the JDL.  When Rabbi Kahane made aliyah, The Jewish Defense League was a healthy viable organization with thousands of brave members willing to put themselves in harms way to protect Jews all over the world. Within months of Irv Rubin assuming chairmanship of the JDL, the organization fell into disarray with membership plummeting from thousands to about ten or twenty hardcore supporters.  Irv was a brave man, a well intentioned Jewish fighter but he was no Rabbi Kahane. The Rabbi often said “A Jewish fist must come with a Jewish mind”, Irv obviously did not have the Jewish mind or the organizational skills that the Rabbi Kahane possessed. "

Then he goes on to imply that the JDL is a fraud since they cash membership checks from people without any contact and that they have nothing to do with them. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:44:52 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
But he belittles the role of Chaim in JDL. They act like Chaim was never a leader. Rubin was one of many leaders after The Rav made aliyah. Rubin took over more than a decade after The Rav made aliyah.

Yacov, you are not making any sense.  You can't expect everyone to put Chaim in every brief discussion they have of the JDL.  This guy was talking specifically about Irv, not Chaim so it is absurd to complain that the guy purposely didn't go out of his way to mention Chaim when he wasn't talking about him to begin with!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:45:37 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Bnai Elim can'nt be all bad in photos  they have Rabbi Mordechai Friedman

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Israel

BTW, the message is also on the International BE site.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Rabbi Mordechai Friedman told me in person that Bnai Elim contacted him when they first formed and wanted to make him the head of the New York branch of Bnai Elim.  He told me he turned it down because he needed to make a living and they wanted him to run it for free. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
You watchhim on cable? he was once on law and order
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
You watchhim on cable? he was once on law and order
I don't have cable but I know that he is on cable.  Also he told me a few years back to watch him on Law and Order and I saw that episode. 

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
First of all Bnai Elim are lying. The people they picture on their homepage have nothing to do with Bnai Elim. I saw a picture of Rabbi Herbert Bomzer a true kahanist Rabbi on their homepage. He is a Professor in Yeshiva University and I took his classes while I was there. He had Rabbi Kahanes NY funeral in his Ocean Parkway shul. He is a real right wing rabbi and I have a lot of respect for him. He never said anything I didn't agree with and you all know that I am as right wing as you can get. He even made fun of shvartzas openly in his class and this was in left wing YU. He used the word cookaracha in front of me and he never went a day without talking about the self hating dictators of Israel. He is a regular right wing man but he has no connection with Bnai Elim.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:39:06 AM by DownwithIslam »
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
First of all Bnai Elim are lying. The people they picture on their homepage have nothing to do with Bnai Elim. I saw a picture of Rabbi Herbert Bomzer a true kahanist Rabbi on their homepage. He is a Professor in Yeshiva University and I took his classes while I was there. He had Rabbi Kahanes NY funeral in his Ocean Parkway shul. He is a real right wing rabbi and I have a lot of respect for him. I never said anything I didn't agree with and you all know that I am as right wing as you can get. He even made fun of shvartzas openly in his class and this was in left wing YU. He used the word cookaracha in front of me and he never went a day without talking about the self hating dictators of Israel. He is a regular right wing man but he has no connection with Bnai Elim.
What does he teach?

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
I know he teaches Talmud in IBC. I think he teaches a lot more than that also, it's just I don't know which ones exactly. Do you go to YU?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: Chaim got to Bnai Elim. They now bash Irv Rubin on the BE main page
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:58:32 AM »
Rabbi Bomzer spoke at the 2006 Memorial for Rabbi Kahane zt'l organized by Bnai Elim. His picture was taken at that event
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 03:14:07 AM »
I know he teaches Talmud in IBC. I think he teaches a lot more than that also, it's just I don't know which ones exactly. Do you go to YU?
NO but I might be planning on going to YU.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 07:35:01 PM »
YU is deff a great school but it is absolutely harder to get an A in a class there vs Queens College. Plus you can save the 35,000 and do something else with it.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 07:35:50 PM »
Kahaneloyalist, where was this 2006 memorial for Rabbi Kahane held?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 07:49:57 PM »
It was the Ocean Ave Jewish Center headed by Rabbi Burg, I can send you a copy of the memorial if you want, Rabbi Bomzer is the second speaker
Ramban

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »
Many good Kahanists are confused and don't realize what Bnai Elim and Revava are. Rabbi Bomzer is a good Kahanist and he thought he was supporting kahanism working with Bnai Elim.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 08:30:45 PM »
Rabbi Bomzer is a good guy,when i was young i stayed near him in upstate N.Y my parents stayed in a bungalow colony near where his bungalow was

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 09:58:46 PM »
Look, whatever Chaim's differences with Bnai Elim, the Jews in running the New York chapter are good people. It is because of Kahanenet and Bnai Elim New York that DVDs of Rabbi Kahane are now available, and that video of the Rav is online.

I am sorry that they interrupted his speech it was stupid and wrong, but the leadership since that time has been replaced and they are trying to spread the Rav's message in the US.
Ramban