Author Topic: Good or Bad News? Israel may strike Iran without US consent : WSJ article  (Read 1101 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I ask is it good news or bad news? Why do I ask? Because I think it is bad news that this story is running in the pubic where the enemy can read and judge the action of Israel. I just wish they would do it and get this over with...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/20/israeli-officials-weigh-option-attacking-iran-consent/?test=latestnews
Israeli Officials Weigh Option of Attacking Iran Without U.S. Consent

The Israeli security establishment is divided over whether it needs Washington's blessing if Israel decides to attack Iran

The Israeli security establishment is divided over whether it needs Washington's blessing if Israel decides to attack Iran, Israeli officials say, as the U.S. campaign for sanctions drags on and Tehran steadily develops greater nuclear capability.

Some senior Israeli officials say in interviews with the Wall Street Journal that they see signs Washington may be willing to live with a nuclear-armed Iran, an eventuality that Israel says it won't accept.

Israel says it supports the U.S.-led push for new economic sanctions against Iran. But Israeli officials have increasingly voiced frustration over the slow pace of diplomatic efforts to get sanctions in place.

Former senior members of Israel's defense establishment have weighed in recently on both sides of the debate.

"We don't have permission, and we don't need permission from the U.S.," says Ephraim Sneh, who served as deputy minister of defense under former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. But Maj. Gen. Giora Eiland, a former national security adviser, says Israel wouldn't jeopardize its relationship with the U.S. by launching a military strike against Iran without an American nod.

Late last month, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak seemed to acknowledge publicly the opposing viewpoints inside the administration.

"Only we have the exclusive responsibility when it comes to the fate and security of Israel, and only we can determine the matters pertaining to the fate of Israel and the Jewish people," Barak said. "But we must never lose sight of how important these relations are, or the ability to act in harmony and unity with the United States."

Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, reiterated Sunday the U.S. position that a military strike against Iran is a "last option."

A senior U.S. official said the U.S. has stated to Israel its opposition to unilateral Israeli action, but that there were still fears within the administration that Israel could strike Iran despite Washington's objections.

Israel's track record of coordinating such strikes with the U.S. is mixed. The country caught the U.S. by surprise with its attack on Iraq's Osirak reactor in 1981. When Israel attacked a suspected Syrian nuclear facility in 2007, Washington was given advanced warning, according to U.S. officials at the time.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Any thought, plan, news or action of strike on Iran has to be a good news. It is immaterial whether the strike is solo or combined but it should be successful. Any news or story that runs in the pubic in advance has to be a mere conjecture spread from any side and the reality will be known only after the mission is accomplished. Let us concentrate on the plan, action and success, whatever they are and whatever it means. 
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Unless its a ploy to give the impression of the lack preparedness, this knd of talk by Israeli officials show that they no strategy against Iran.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
If the current leadership of Israel is waiting for approval from this White House for an attack on Iran, then Israel is inherently accepting a nuclear Iran.

That's a generally levelheaded statement.  Now I'll offer a comment that some would consider controversial:  If the current leadership of Israel were to give this American administration a heads-up about Israeli plans to attack Iran, then not only can they not expect support from the United States, but there would be a genuine risk of those plans being leaked to the Iranians.  Maybe not from top of the organization, but there's a LOT of Arab-o-philes in the State Department.

Obama's incessant public daydreaming about eliminating nuclear weapons applies only to first-world and/or Western nations.  It's clear that Obama has accepted a nuclear Iran as a reality.  In fact, given Obama's inherently anti-Western mindset, I'm inclined to believe that Obama considers a nuclear Muslim state in the middle-east to be an appropriate counterweight to Israel.  I genuinely believe that.

May we live in interesting times.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
The bad news is not whether US approves the attack or not, or whether Israel talks about it. The bad news is that Israeli Govt. seems to care very little about Jerusalem and Har Habayt. Israel can only succeed with Hashe-m's help. And it's not good that they care so little about the Holy Site.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
My 2 cents:

1.  It is plain as the nose on my face that Obama won't do anything to stop the Iranian madman from getting nuclear bombs.

2.  Obama talks about "sanctions" and we all know that that will do nothing.  It will be as effective as trying to put out a forest fire by blowing on it.

3.  The Israeli's have waited too long (perhaps) to strike the sites.  Unless, of course, they know exactly what they're doing.  And that's what I'm hoping.  The Israeli's may have their Iranian contacts highly and strategically placed.  I'm hoping that that is the case.  Otherwise, I see a Holocaust2 coming for the Israelis.  History has shown how power can affect a madman.

May G-d bless Israel and protect Jews everywhere.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
I can not say whether these opinions are from the friends or the enemies:

http://www.iloubnan.info/politics/actualite/id/44547/lebanon/Could-Israel-bomb-Iran

But it is sure that due to the presence of such friends only, I always preferred the Tungushkas.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ahmadinezad under the spell of doom:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,877.165.html

Quote from: Rajesh on April 20, 2010, 01:57:03 pm
Quote from: Misty Allen on April 19, 2010, 01:09:24 pm

I think they are all linked, too, too bad we don't have a reliable predictor as to when and where the next one is going to strike!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, even the most advanced super computers can not predict it. So it is impossible to predict and bring it.

Only a guesswork can be done. Say for the following example:

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/asia/7-Killed-in-Afghanistan-Earthquake-91461209.html

QUOTE>>
At Least 7 Killed in Afghanistan Earthquake
VOA News 19 April 2010

A moderate earthquake of 5.3 magnitude shook central and northern Afghanistan early Monday, killing at least seven people and injuring 30. <<UNQUOTE

Now based upon this it can be guessed that within coming days a 7.9 Richter can hit Northern Iran that may shake Tehran.

But again it is a simple guesswork only without any scientific basis.   

With Regards...   
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmmm... Ahmadinezad too is perhaps reading this topic and has come to know about the destiny of Tehran:  

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=/data/middleeast/2010/April/middleeast_April317.xml&section=middleeast

QUOTE>> Ahmadinejad plans exodus to avert quake disaster (Reuters)

22 April 2010 TEHRAN - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned Iranians of a possible nuclear strike by the United States, but it is an even more deadly threat that has prompted him to ask 5 million of them to evacuate the capital.

Like the people of San Francisco, Tehranis know their sprawling metropolis is due for a massive earthquake. In Iran, where building standards have not advanced as quickly as the population, some estimate millions could be killed or maimed.

In an Islamic society where disasters are often seen as acts of God, Ahmadinejad told housing officials they could no longer rely on the power of prayer to save Tehran from annihilation.

“Tehran has 13 million inhabitants. If an incident happens, how can we manage it? Therefore, Tehran should be evacuated,” said Ahmadinejad, a former mayor of the city, announcing financial aid for people who move to towns with a population of less than 25,000.

“At least 5 million people should leave Tehran,” he said.

When the last major earthquake hit, in 1831, Tehran was tiny compared to the metropolis where today the work-day population can reach 15 million.

As a huge quake is reckoned to hit the area around every 150 years, seismologists say one is now well overdue.

“If such a thing does happen in Tehran it will be the biggest disaster in humanity,” said Farid Mehdian, who headed a seismic study 10 years ago which gave a conservative estimate that half a million people would die in the next ‘big one’.

By comparison, the 2003 earthquake that devastated the small city of Bam in southeast Iran, and renewed talk of moving the capital, killed some 30,000 people. The human and economic impact of a big quake in Tehran would be incalculably greater. <<UNQUOTE

With Regards...   ;D

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
QUOTE>> Now based upon this it can be guessed that within coming days a 7.9 Richter can hit Northern Iran that may shake Tehran.<<UNQUOTE

Taiwan Earthquake 6.9 Taipei Shaking

http://www.providingnews.com/taiwan-earthquake.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63P0AD20100426

Oh No! On 04/26/2010 the things are only phonetically similar. Taiwan in place of Tehran/Iran and Taipei in place of Tehran and 6.9 in place of 7.9.

Either the guess launch has been failed miserably due to the wrong listening of the address (because I am an erstwhile stammerer)

OR

The first smaller warning shot on phonetically similar pseudo target has been already launched.

Can not say what is that, because no one can know the exact ways of G_d.

Request and pray >> the target remains frozen and unchanged in-spite of the acceptance of the probability by Ahmadinejad.

With Regards...  ;D

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
In my honest oppinion, Israel is in God's hands! We are in prophetic times, and God is controlling the situation.  The world is in birth pains and there is no stopping the sequence of events that are taking place.   Israel will do what is necessary to stop a Nuclear Iran.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
G_d bless Israel and iran may get combusted.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
Why waiting for American approval? Is Israel a sovereign independant state or an Amrican province!?  >:(

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010vpcf.php

QUOTE>>
Magnitude 4.9 - SOUTHERN IRAN
2010 April 27 22:57:59 UTC

Earthquake Details

Magnitude 4.9
Date-Time Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 22:57:59 UTC
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 02:27:59 AM at epicenter

Location 27.162°N, 54.939°E
Depth 5.1 km (3.2 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region SOUTHERN IRAN
Distances
65 km (40 miles) N of Bandar-e Lengeh, Iran
80 km (50 miles) SE of Lar, Iran
135 km (80 miles) W of Bandar `Abbas, Iran
1005 km (620 miles) SSE of TEHRAN, Iran
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 11.4 km (7.1 miles); depth +/- 38.8 km (24.1 miles)
Parameters
NST= 53, Nph= 55, Dmin=>999 km, Rmss=0.66 sec, Gp= 97°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=6
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID us2010vpcf
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
<<UNQUOTE

Hmmm... trial demonstration module successful in targeting the nation correctly... as a measure of further correction please add 3 more on Richter scale and kindly move 1005 km NNW to TEHRAN, Iran.
:clap: ;)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
"May" strike. Not very promising.
But I think Israel does not need King Obama's approval.
His highness only cares for his muslim brothers, not the Jewish enemies.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774