Author Topic: What do you think of pokemon does go aganist Jewish teachings?  (Read 3102 times)

Offline BabylonianJew

• Senior JTFer
  • Berber/Shepardic Jew
I big fan of pokeman and especially the videogame. I have heard Christians and Muslims say that Pokemon is satanic, because it has similar nature to magic and witchcraft they claim. Their also some occultic and pagan themes in the pokemon storyline. so who is it from a jewish prespective?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What do you think of pokemon does go aganist Jewish teachings?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:56:21 PM »
My younger brother has phases of obsession with the pointless game. I would consider it satanic on the terms that once addicted and an avid player, it wastes your time. As for its theme, i don't like involving games into theories, if its considered a video game then so let its innocent label prevail.

ftf

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »
Sarah, anything can be labelled a video game, I don't think there's really anything hidden in Pokemon, but it is possible to hide things in video games, just like it's possible to hide things in television. Iranian cartoons for instance feature suicide bombers killing Americans and Israelis as the heroes.

Offline BabylonianJew

• Senior JTFer
  • Berber/Shepardic Jew
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 04:13:27 PM »
Sarah, anything can be labelled a video game, I don't think there's really anything hidden in Pokemon, but it is possible to hide things in video games, just like it's possible to hide things in television. Iranian cartoons for instance feature suicide bombers killing Americans and Israelis as the heroes.

i agree with you, but many of themes of pokemon a paganistic this why iam asking.

ftf

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 04:20:55 PM »
I am an ex-pokemon fan, ex as in I stopped liking it quite a few (more than 4) years ago now, thinking back, I can't think of anything paganistic in it really.

Offline BabylonianJew

• Senior JTFer
  • Berber/Shepardic Jew
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:25 PM »
I am an ex-pokemon fan, ex as in I stopped liking it quite a few (more than 4) years ago now, thinking back, I can't think of anything paganistic in it really.

well they belive that the legenday pokemon Arcesus is God who has created Palkia the deity of dimensions, and Dailaga the deity of time. Then the God arecesus created the spritis of emotion, well being, and intellgence each one is also symbolized by other pokemon. The use of mysticism and the stones is anceint pagan practice.

ftf

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 04:33:40 PM »
I haven't been a Pokemon for a very time, I have no idea who Arcesus, Palkia or Dailaga are, so I can't help you here. Many fantasy stories contain deities I generally am of the oppinion that it is alright to read such as long as you know that it is fantasy, and don't start worshiping any such deities.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 12:45:12 PM »

well they belive that the legenday pokemon Arcesus is G-d who has created Palkia the deity of dimensions, and Dailaga the deity of time. Then the G-d arecesus created the spritis of emotion, well being, and intellgence each one is also symbolized by other pokemon. The use of mysticism and the stones is anceint pagan practice.

What kid is going to understand that? :D