Author Topic: Abstinence message - teachers wrong, student right  (Read 641 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Abstinence message - teachers wrong, student right
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1029184

A middle-school student in Minnesota has regained his right to wear at school a T-shirt bearing an abstinence message.

Virginity Rocks t-shirtOfficials at Hastings Middle School had initially prohibited seventh-grader Johnathon Kinney from wearing the T-shirt with the message "Virginity Rocks!" On April 26, two school teachers confronted Kinney about the shirt, informing him that it was offensive and should be covered up. School officials also warned Kinney against wearing the shirt again.

After contacting the principal about the incident -- and finding he supported the teachers' decision -- Kinney's parents contacted The Rutherford Institute. John Whitehead, president of the Institute, explains the sequence of events that followed.

"We sent a very strong legal letter saying we're going to sue the school district because this is a First Amendment right of school students," says the attorney.

John Whitehead"In order to prohibit students from doing anything at schools, you have to show that somehow it's going to cause disruption or reasonably forecast it's going to cause disruption," he explains. "They couldn't show that here -- so once the lawyer for the school board looked at the issue, they knew that school officials were wrong."

Whitehead tells OneNewsNow that wearing the T-shirt is one way for students who agree with Johnathon Kinney to express their free-speech rights.

"On the front it says 'Virginity Rocks!' -- and on the back it says 'I'm loving my wife and I haven't met her yet,'" he shares. "It's a pretty radical message in a school system where there are virtually no morals."

Whitehead says he is pleased that school officials have recognized their error and have agreed to respect the student's First Amendment rights by allowing him to wear his T-shirt to school.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Abstinence message - teachers wrong, student right
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »
They've been promoting immorality for so long that it's normal to them. Moral messages are immoral to these animals.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »
I agree with the school.  Any t-shirt referencing sex in anyway and his t-shirt did, should be banned.  Anyone reading that Tshirt is confronted with the idea of sex and that is inappropriate in school,

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »
I agree with the school.  Any t-shirt referencing sex in anyway and his t-shirt did, should be banned.  Anyone reading that Tshirt is confronted with the idea of sex and that is inappropriate in school,

But what if that same school is giving out birth-control devices? I think that schools are promoting promiscuity at the expense of teaching abstinence... I think that is the real message...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »
I think that's different because it is done privately in a nurses office.  If a student wore a t-shirt that said say.... i dont know say "think twice, wear a rubber, "  I would say the same thing.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 10:24:44 PM »
I don't think they need shirts talking about sex at all either. When I was in public school in Jr. High kids used to wear shirts with sexual messages on it and it made me feel grossed out. The parents are acting like liberals threatening to sue the school.