Author Topic: Italians and Jews  (Read 10221 times)

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
Italians and Jews
« on: June 06, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
In my life I've noticed that most Italians, alone amongst the peoples of Europe, seem to have very little hatred of Jews. This applies even more to Italian-Americans, and we have a bunch of Italian JTF supporters here, too.

My own family is half-Jewish and half-Italian, in fact. Then, I found this article, which, although its not about Jews and Italians primarily, does have a very interesting quote in it:

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-jewish-genome-20100604,0,7364243.story

"That explains why so many European and Syrian Jews have blue eyes and blond hair," Ostrer says. It also explains another of the team's findings — that the population most closely related genetically to European Jews are Italians.

Who knew?  ;D
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Italians and Jews
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Interesting. I always knew the Italians supported the Jews.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »
OMG! Many many Italians have an outright HATRED towards Jews. Many are still today taught at Catholic schools that Jews were the murderers of Jesus. And "Jew" is used by many Italians to describe a greedy person or a swindler. BTW: This is the same as in Turkey. "yahudi" also means swindler and greedy person in Turkey, while "yahudilik" (Jewishness) means fraudulent behaviour or lack of loyalty... Once again, Italy and Turkey have something in common.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »
Italian Catholicism is very much anti-Jew... I dont think that every Italian is a Catholic though...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »
Italian Catholicism is very much anti-Jew... I dont think that every Italian is a Catholic though...

I am one and have yet to see any that are Anti Jewish.  I for one am an American with Italian roots ( I hate calling myself an Italian American ) and a Catholic and was taught from a very young age to love the Jews as you would love your own.  The ones that are anti semites aren't really Catholic and are a disgrace to anything period.  I am sure there are a handful like any other group but there is a majority who do love.  Not long ago in Rome which is the epic center of Catholics there was a big pro Israel/Jewish demonstration made of all Italians. They held both the Israeli and Italian flags together. All the monks and people around. Of course this wouldn't get media attention cause something like this they hide.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 06:13:28 PM »

I am one and have yet to see any that are Anti Jewish.  I for one am an American with Italian roots ( I hate calling myself an Italian American ) and a Catholic and was taught from a very young age to love the Jews as you would love your own.  The ones that are anti semites aren't really Catholic and are a disgrace to anything period.  I am sure there are a handful like any other group but there is a majority who do love.  Not long ago in Rome which is the epic center of Catholics there was a big pro Israel/Jewish demonstration made of all Italians. They held both the Israeli and Italian flags together. All the monks and people around. Of course this wouldn't get media attention cause something like this they hide.

What is wrong with that Pope then?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »
Chaim has mentioned many times that the Italian and Irish families he grew up with in NYC  (  I believe in the Borough of Brooklyn )  were great neighbors.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »

Survey says:  He grew up in Germany as a Nazi?

I was at the Israeli Consulate this past Friday, I spent time next to a "Baptist" who conversed with me a bit about his beliefs, during the course of the conversation he explained to me about "supersessionism" or "replacementists" and how the Catholic Church was based upon these beliefs and why relationships with Jews were difficult with this Catholic Church.  He explained how Catholics think that somehow the Eternal Covenant with the Jewish people was abrogated by Jesus coming.  I guess I knew something about this already but he explained it from me in person vs. what I have read.  I also got an invite to his church and was offered a pamphlet about his church both English and Hebrew, which I thought was kinda strange [I politely declined].
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »
I have a soft spot in my heart for Italians.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »
Well, if the Italians are on the Israeli side, that will make it 2 for 2... 2 I's for the bad, and 2 I's for the good...

Ireland & Iran

Italy & Israel

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 08:40:06 PM »

He is not Italian

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 08:43:10 PM »
I would consider myself an expert on this topic ;)
I believe that the reason that many Italians and many Jews are genetically similar is that both groups are made up of a mixture of  middleastern/Mediterranean   and  northern European  DNA.  Many if not most of the Jews of Europe descended from the middle eastern peoples (ancient Israelites) and got mixed with German and or European blood.
     Now many Italians have the same type of background. Remember, for example that the Etruscans and the Phoenicians (middle eastern peoples)  both colonized Italy and got mixed with the people of the Italian Peninsula who were already there (Sabin es, Brut ti,) and later Germanic and other northern Europeans invaded Italy and they were mixed in.

So to conclude, both Italians and Jews are a mixture of middle eastern elements and northern European elements  (for the most part or a large part).

Now as for the catholic bashing. I have my reservations about this pope, however the catholic religion that I grew up with, had nothing but respect for Jews. We even visited a synagogue when I was in catholic school and we were taught to respect the roots of our religion...the Jewish faith,

It all comes down to this...I DEFY ANYONE TO RECITE a quote from Jesus where he said to harm or be disrespectful to Jews.  A true catholic follows Jesus not the pope when he's obviously wrong or goes against Jesus' teachings.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 09:09:26 PM »
Italian Zionist makes really great points, I was thinking about the genteic end of it also.   In my family, I have cousins with dirty blond hair and blue eyes, and other cousins with dark hair,  dark eyes, and tan skin.  But I'm the best looking of all of them.  :)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 11:31:30 PM »
I posted from the Wiki page the history of the Jews in Italy...

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,46680.new.html#new

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »
Let's not forget the RCC and the Pope's crimes against the the Jews during, before and way before the Holocaust. Let's not forget Fascist Italy too.

Offline NRAJ

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 03:06:52 AM »
I,myself,are half Jewish half Italian.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 03:11:42 AM »
It's historical fact that American Italians and Jews living side by side in Queens and NYC were good neighbors to each other, living in harmony.   

Many Jewish businesses were protected from violent black criminals and thugs by the Italian mafia as well.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 04:34:20 AM »
It's historical fact that American Italians and Jews living side by side in Queens and NYC were good neighbors to each other, living in harmony.   

Many Jewish businesses were protected from violent black criminals and thugs by the Italian mafia as well.
I grew up in one of those neighborhoods.  I learned that I have more in common with my Jewish friends, then not. 

I am both Italian and Catholic.  I have never, in my life, been taught to hate the Jewish people by either my parents or my church.

Thank You Kahane-Was-Right BT for making your post.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:08 AM »
At least Italian media is not as leftist Israel-bashing as most European media. Italian TV shows the atrocities of Hamas and Hizbullah, Germany in a very censored version, France, Spain and others do completely ignore them! They are surely afraid of the reactions by the native people and their attitudes towards Muslims when they see the whole truth.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 04:55:15 AM »
Let's not forget the RCC and the Pope's crimes against the the Jews during, before and way before the Holocaust. Let's not forget Fascist Italy too.
[/quuote] The Italian Fascists were hardly anti semitic some of the most prominent Fascists in the beggining of the Fascist movement in Italy were Jewish.Hitler told Mussolini to be anti semitic.Even with all Hitlers prompting wherever the Italian Army were they saved Jews in Croatia for example they raided the Croatians to save Jews google it if you don't believe me.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 04:58:44 AM »
[/quuote] The Italian Fascists were hardly anti semitic some of the most prominent Fascists in the beggining of the Fascist movement in Italy were Jewish.Hitler told Mussolini to be anti semitic.Even with all Hitlers prompting wherever the Italian Army were they saved Jews in Croatia for example they raided the Croatians to save Jews google it if you don't believe me.

The Italians worshipped Mussolini who was Hitler's best friend, sent Jews to Auschwitz and even led the concentration camps in Croatia where Jews from Italy, Northern Africa and Hungary were murdered. Italy had its own Nurenberg laws and the fact that they were Jews in the Fascist movement means nothing because they were WAY MORE Jews in the Communist party as well. The Italians glorified the Roman Nazi Empire and if Jews took part in it it just shows how self-hating they are.

Stop looking for the love of the Gentile.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 05:01:50 AM »

The Italians worshipped Mussolini who was Hitler's best friend, sent Jews to Auschwitz and even led the concentration camps in Croatia where Jews from Italy, Northern Africa and Hungary were murdered. Italy had its own Nurenberg laws and the fact that they were Jews in the Fascist movement means nothing because they were WAY MORE Jews in the Communist party as well. The Italians glorified the Roman Nazi Empire and if Jews took part in it it just shows how self-hating they are.

You sure you want to stand by that statement?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 05:03:19 AM »

Yup

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 05:05:40 AM »

Yup
alright then 

http://www1.yadvashem.org.il/odot_pdf/Microsoft%20Word%20-%204803.pdf

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 05:07:05 AM »

Yup
alright then 

http://www1.yadvashem.org.il/odot_pdf/Microsoft%20Word%20-%204803.pdf

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/viewarticle.cfm/the-holocaust-14968?page=all

Shot at 2010-01-03