Author Topic: Great Schvartzas in our Military and police forces.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Great Schvartzas in our Military and police forces.
« on: June 07, 2010, 06:00:01 AM »
   An off duty Marine who has a wife and children goes to a nightclub to advance on another woman. A police officer that is with the woman pulls out his gun and fatally shoots the marine. Looks like we have fine Schvartzas protecting our country.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/23810790/detail.html?hpt=T2
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Great Schvartzas in our Military and police forces.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »
Re:  "Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the officer, identified as 36-year-old Gahji Tshamba, shot Brown after Brown made advances toward a woman who was with the officer.  - [source:  wbaltv.com News]

I'm confused.

According to this report, somebody shot lots of schwartzes?
(it says "...shot Brown after Brown..."

or...maybe he shot a lot of people whose names were Brown?

How do you "advance towards a woman"?

Was Ghaji's Shamba hit by the bullets?

Or was he wounded in his fracas?

:o

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 06:37:43 AM »
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/06/how_is_this_police_officer_sti.html
How is this police officer still on the force?

So now we know that Baltimore Police Officer Gahiji A. Tshamba, back in 2005, was intoxicated when he shot a man in the foot during a confrontation.

What we don't yet know -- and hopefully answers will come today -- is how Tshamba managed to retain his badge after the incident?

Tshamba, as we all know by now, is the off-duty officer who shot ex-Marine Tyrone Brown (left) six times in Mount Vernon early Saturday after Brown patted the officer's female companion on the buttocks. Brown was joking, his relatives say. Police say an argument grew into a physical altercation that led to the shooting. The victim's sister says there was no fight and that Brown apologized but was taunted by the officer.

Either way, police have been unusually blunt in calling this a troubling shooting and saying they are trying to determine whether Tshamba was intoxicated when he shot 13 tiimes. The officer has refused to make a statement and declined to submit to breath test. He has been put on administrative duties. A police spokesman said detectives have not found any reason to believe the officer's life was in danger.

So that brings us back to September 2005. Details remain sketchy but it appears that Tshamba had been confronted by a group of men who yelled racial slurs. Police said one threw a bottle at him, and another struck his car and then advanced toward him. Tshamba shot one of them in the foot.

Police and prosecutors ruled the shooting justified but disciplined him for being intoxicated on the job. I suppose you can be imparied by alcohol and still be justified in using your weapon -- escaping criminal liability -- but it's hard to imagine keeping a guy on the force under such circumstances.

I'm interested to see what new details surface once police can review his entire file later today.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 06:39:49 AM »
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-tshamba-shooting-prior-20100606,0,6262554.story

City officer had earlier alcohol-related shooting
Fifteen-year veteran accused in nightclub death was cited in 2005 for shooting a man while intoxicated
by Robert Little, Baltimore Sun

The Baltimore police officer suspected of killing a man behind a Mount Vernon club early Saturday after a night of revelry was disciplined by the city Police Department five years ago for shooting a man while intoxicated.

Gahiji A. Tshamba, a 15-year veteran of the police force, shot a man in the foot after an off-duty confrontation outside a bar or restaurant in September 2005, a police spokesman said. Investigators and prosecutors determined that the shooting was justified, but Tshamba was disciplined internally because he was under the influence of alcohol at the time.

Police detectives are trying to determine whether Tshamba, 36, was under the influence early Saturday morning when he fired his department-issued weapon 13 times at an unarmed man. Tyrone Brown, a 32-year-old former Marine from East Baltimore, was hit six times in the chest and groin and died less than an hour later.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said detectives from the homicide division were interviewing employees of the Club Hippo, Eden's Lounge and other Mount Vernon clubs in an effort to learn more about Tshamba's activities in the hours before the shooting, which happened at 1:30 a.m. outside the Hippo's rear door. Tshamba declined to take a breath test to determine whether he had been drinking.

Detectives also are exploring a confrontation between Brown and Tshamba that preceded the killing. Witnesses say Brown touched a woman who was accompanying Tshamba, setting off the violent final minutes in an alley off East Eager Street that led to Brown's death. Attempts to reach Tshamba or an attorney representing him Sunday were unsuccessful.

"We need to give homicide a chance to do what they do before we can tell you more," Guglielmi said. "They're exploring all of these things."

No charges have been filed against Tshamba, who was placed on paid administrative duty while Saturday's shooting is investigated.

Guglielmi said the 2005 incident occurred at night as Tshamba was leaving a Baltimore bar or restaurant. He did not know the precise location. A group of white men confronted the off-duty officer, who is black, and began shouting racial slurs. At least one man threw a bottle at Tshamba's car, Guglielmi said.

At some point, the men struck Tshamba's car with their car and began advancing toward the officer. Guglielmi said Tshamba then identified himself as a police officer and drew his weapon; when the men continued to advance, he shot one of them in the foot. The injury was not life-threatening, and Guglielmi said he was not certain whether more than one shot was fired.

Prosecutors and investigators determined that the shooting was justified because Tshamba was being threatened, and no criminal charges were filed, Guglielmi said. However, an internal sanction was entered against Tshamba in his personnel file because he had been drinking. Guglielmi was not sure what type of disciplinary action was taken, only that a misconduct charge was sustained against Tshamba "for having a gun while intoxicated."

City police officers are generally required to carry their service weapons when they are off duty inside the city limits, but it is against department regulations to be intoxicated while armed.

The shooting five years ago was not Tshamba's first. In July 1998 he shot an armed-robbery suspect after a foot chase.

In the initial account from police, an off-duty officer chasing another suspect in the incident fired his weapon and missed, leading Tshamba to believe the suspect he was chasing had opened fire. Tshamba then shot the suspect in the back.

But the off-duty officer, Dino Gregory, a 19-year veteran of the force, called a Baltimore Sun reporter Sunday and described a different scenario, saying Tshamba "saved my life" by shooting the suspect.

In Gregory's account, he was driving through East Baltimore while off duty when he spotted Tshamba, who was on patrol, and stopped to chat. A man then ran up to Tshamba's cruiser and said two armed men were holding up a victim a block away.

Both officers drove to the scene, and Tshamba chased one of the gunmen while the second snuck around Gregory's car and pointed a gun at him, Gregory recounted. He said Tshamba saw what happened, retreated and shot the man once in the back.

"The man fell to the pavement still clutching his silver-colored gun," Gregory said. "Officer Tshamba had to pry the gun out of the wounded man's hands. I remember it like it was yesterday. He saved my life."

In March 1999, the Baltimore Police Department awarded Tshamba a bronze star for meritorious performance. It could not be determined over the weekend whether that award was for the shooting in 1998.

Tshamba was also in the news in 2001, when he arrested a woman after a routine traffic stop and sent her to the city's Central Booking and Intake Center, where she was subjected to a strip search.

According to a complaint filed against Tshamba in state and federal courts, he stopped the woman, Bridgette Renee Watson, for allegedly making an unsafe lane change on East Madison Street, then made her wait 15 minutes while another officer brought him a citation book. Tshamba issued Watson tickets for the lane change, speeding, and for playing her radio too loudly while she waited for him to write the tickets. He then arrested her for allegedly signing the tickets improperly.

All the tickets were thrown out in court, and Watson reached an undisclosed civil settlement with the city in 2005.

Baltimore Sun reporter Peter Hermann contributed to this article.

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 07:34:30 AM »
The policeman was drunk. This is obvious. And it was known, that he is drinking during his work. Why his bosses didn't sent him to an alcohol therapy. It is totally irresponsible to give addicted people a gun.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:46:08 PM »
The policeman was drunk. This is obvious. And it was known, that he is drinking during his work. Why his bosses didn't sent him to an alcohol therapy. It is totally irresponsible to give addicted people a gun.
A black guy with an extremely ethnic name can never lose their job, that would be racist.  Watch him get [another] award.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »
A black guy with an extremely ethnic name can never lose their job, that would be racist.  Watch him get [another] award.

It is a shame. This policy endangers the citizens. Alcoholics are bound people who have no free will anymore. If I would be his officer, I would have told him either to get a therapy or to quit.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani